Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solatoral View Post
Sorry if this seems stupid to ask, but why does she not do so well in solo queue?

I've solo queued Amumu and that seems to work really well, so being similar I'd imagine them being great solo queue junglers, but I must be missing something. A small run down would be helpful if it's not a bother.
Sejuni has much lower damage output compare to Amumu, and she is really rarely picked, making most of the players really hard to work with her (most people will not react to sejuni's ultimate, but they will react to amumu's bandage toss)

Basically it comes to the point that it is not your problem, but your teammates' problem. Since Sejuni is such an underplayed champion, not many people know how to work with her.

I don't play Sejuni much but Sejuni is one of the best lane brush ganker, charging out of the brush with the slow or with the sneaky ultimate often yield amazing result.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonatarms View Post
I was just wondering if lich bane is a viable item on kennen considering the circumstances that you are winning or if I should just stick to my normal build.
A huge portion of Kennen's damage comes from Q, W, and R, in a team fight you won't be able to autoattack without getting yourself into a risky position.

Lich bane looks good on paper, but in the current meta, Kennen must build a deathcap for damage, Zhonya for defense and maybe abyssal scepter for magic resist, this leaves Kennen with so little money to buy lich bane. And even if she can buy a lich bane, she will probably need a voidstaff or guardian angel

tl;dr. Lich bane looks good on paper but bad in real game.

Demonatarms

07-15-2012

Thanks a lot one more question.... If I was a solo top kennen how would I counter a strong ad character such as Darius or nautilis ive been having a lot of trouble with coyntering them with kennen im looking for an in depth answer not just stand behind your minions which I am sure u will be able to answer

Resilga

07-15-2012

Hi, 90% of my 1000s of games are top lane (ranked and non). I love top lane and I consider myself a decent authority on a lot of aspects of it BUT whether it's Riven, Renekton, Rumble, Jayce, Yorick, etc (I play a lot of strong tops), I end up being unable to CS due to enemy aggression. The moment I try to go into CS I am (rightfully) harassed, which forces me to create a trade. By that time, I'm already behind in CS and HP because even at times I'm not supposed to lose trades, I lose trades.

I'm just unsure of whether or not I've become too timid, or perhaps I'm making it too easy on them... I know each champ has their own means of trading, their own tempo, etc... currently my very best is Rumble mostly because he can bully while they are retreating and he can harpoon kite.

Anyway, I just seem to be struggling top (and mid actually) in the regard of ACTUALLY GETTING CS. I always notice my opponent trades just as well if not better, but also has like 20 more cs than me. I am good at avoiding ganks and generally not dying (though I do sometimes) and when it comes down to simply trading it seems to come across well. My big issue is keeping cs high while maintaining a competitive lane if the enemy out-trades. How do I not get zoned as easily after some failed trades?

Also what does one do if they are behind in their lane by 2 levels or so besides farm at tower and ask for ganks? Is that it? I have a lot of experience but I want to be able to show something for it. I just hit gold yesterday and lost it but I want to feel worthy of keeping it.

Rusaw4

07-15-2012

Hello, I am currently summoner level 27, and consider myself to be pretty experienced in the LoL gameplay (Rarely played anything other than pvp since about level 5). I've been switching roles a lot lately, starting on AP mid (generally annie, malz, or AP morde) then moving to support, and now I seem to have fallen into solo (usually) top. I generally use Irelia or Akali, but I'm interested in learning Singed. He's not seen often, and his skill set and natural beefiness seems like something that will help with my usual problems I have with Irelia and Akali (generally low hp early game and particularly with Irelia difficulty countering harass from other champs with ranged skills or AA's). I was just wondering if you had any particular builds (skill and item) you would suggest for Singed in the top lane.

EDIT: Should you happen to look up my match history, ignore my bot game with Riven last night I was really drunk lmao.

Acetopiaa

07-15-2012

If I'm fighting a Akali with Anivia, both are really low health, should I run to my turret or try to burst out damage to kill Akali?

Flaminhotcheetos

07-15-2012

bump

ExecutionerKen

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demonatarms View Post
Thanks a lot one more question.... If I was a solo top kennen how would I counter a strong ad character such as Darius or nautilis ive been having a lot of trouble with coyntering them with kennen im looking for an in depth answer not just stand behind your minions which I am sure u will be able to answer
Autoattacks

Kennen has amazing harass compare to most solo top, you can constantly autoattack the enemy and go into brush to remove the minion aggro, 3 autoattacks will force the enemy to use one pot.

You don't even have to stack up for the passive before you hit the enemy, just keep hitting them and last hit when a minion is low on hp, darius will not be able to hit you or trade with you until later in the game. What you want to do is destroy is early game and force him to farm mid game, while you are taking control of the objectives and force team fight mid game.

ExecutionerKen

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resilga View Post
Hi, 90% of my 1000s of games are top lane (ranked and non). I love top lane and I consider myself a decent authority on a lot of aspects of it BUT whether it's Riven, Renekton, Rumble, Jayce, Yorick, etc (I play a lot of strong tops), I end up being unable to CS due to enemy aggression. The moment I try to go into CS I am (rightfully) harassed, which forces me to create a trade. By that time, I'm already behind in CS and HP because even at times I'm not supposed to lose trades, I lose trades.

I'm just unsure of whether or not I've become too timid, or perhaps I'm making it too easy on them... I know each champ has their own means of trading, their own tempo, etc... currently my very best is Rumble mostly because he can bully while they are retreating and he can harpoon kite.

Anyway, I just seem to be struggling top (and mid actually) in the regard of ACTUALLY GETTING CS. I always notice my opponent trades just as well if not better, but also has like 20 more cs than me. I am good at avoiding ganks and generally not dying (though I do sometimes) and when it comes down to simply trading it seems to come across well. My big issue is keeping cs high while maintaining a competitive lane if the enemy out-trades. How do I not get zoned as easily after some failed trades?

Also what does one do if they are behind in their lane by 2 levels or so besides farm at tower and ask for ganks? Is that it? I have a lot of experience but I want to be able to show something for it. I just hit gold yesterday and lost it but I want to feel worthy of keeping it.
You are playing a lot of strong solo top champions. In this case, often you can use the fact that your champion can create fear in the enemy as well. For example, rather than walking right up to the minion, you press on the enemy champion so that they see the aggression being set on them, not the minion, so that they will worry about being ganked or being attacked by you, then as they back off you can switch to the minion

Lane that is behind by 2 levels is often a good sight that you should turret dive with your jungler. Turret hugging doesn't really work if you have ranged harass or sustain, as you can keep poking him. A tanky jungler such as Alistar will work really well in this case.

**Going out, will answer the rest of the questions later**

Mr AstroSloth

07-15-2012

This is probably a pretty silly question, but I need an answer to help get my priorities straight.

I'm stuck between saving up for a 6300 Champ (Nocturne or Vayne, haven't decided) and going ahead and finishing my rune pages. I only have two. One is for Jungle/Tanks, the other for AD Carries because those are really the only roles I play.

So my question is, are Champs without full rune pages designed specifically for their type still viable? EX: (Soraka with rune bonuses: +37 MR @ 18, +12 armor, +15% AS) Or should I complete my pages first, and then invest in different Champs to utilize them?

Also, I understand that AS runes aren't as good to have as AD or Armor Pen. I bought those when I didn't understand how important rune pages really were, and haven't invested in other marks since.