Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skagwatcher View Post
Would Rylai's be a good item for Renekton due to his massive AOE presence or what? Actually, how am i supposed to build Renekton normally? He seems really fun but i can't seem to do well with him.
You build AD, CDR and tanky. Rylai's is terrible on Renek because he only has one (very bad) AP ratio and he only does magic damage with his ultimate.

RickyDown

01-24-2012

1.) Whats the difference between a Melee champ like Olaf or Renek, and DPS'ers like Graves, Master Yi, or Vayne?? I know DPS'er, you build em with attack speed, but how do you build most melee champs like Wukong??

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KentukyWaterfall View Post
I see you've answered a lot of questions about junglers, but you never bring up Olaf. He's my favorite character in the game because I really love his abilities, and I play him a lot (I'm only level 23). I have a lot of questions on him.

- Is he considered a good champion at level 30?

- I have watched videos of people counter jungling with him, but I've had mixed results trying this. Is there a specific time to do this?

- Is it better to level Q or E (for jungle)?

- What are some pro moves to use with him while ganking? I usually get a kill, but a lot of times I die too, and sometimes my teammate.

- Should I use pink wards at the dragon? When should I buy the Oracle lantern?

Thanks!
1. He is a fine solo top character with high true damage, but his jungling is relatively dangerous due to low hp
2. You can jungle if the enemy doesn't have a good counter jungler, such as Lee sin, Shaco, Nocturne.
3. You usually run true damage path for faster clearing time.
4. Olaf's gank is relatively weak, but be sure you throw an axe that you can pick back up, then you can keep slowing the enemy.
5. Pink ward the dragon is always good, but as Olaf wants to have his gears up ASAP, you might want to ask Soraka to do it.

Oracle is a good item, but then once again, Olaf will probably die after diving into the enemy team (Going for enemy squishy), you don't want an oracle on such character.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Long pubes View Post
My favorite champion right now is Gangplank, and I like to build him as an offtank. But recently, I've been wanting to try him as a jungler. Since I rarely jungle, and it is quite rare in level (yes, I am not level 30 yet, but close), I can say I'm quite inexperienced. So do you have any jungle tips, runes/masteries that are good for GP jungle, and a route that you can provide me? Thanks.

And while I'm in the jungle, in what order do I add my skills?
Go with raise moral when you are jungling, add a level in every skill so that you can parrley and also get out of any enemy counter jungle, with blue buff, you can also keep using W to heal yourself in the jungle.

Standard build for GP jungle will be building wriggle, then up to the enemy team, many people get atmorg, but I do recommend trinity force more as warmog create a huge period of time where you don't do any extra damage.

ExecutionerK

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skagwatcher View Post
Would Rylai's be a good item for Renekton due to his massive AOE presence or what? Actually, how am i supposed to build Renekton normally? He seems really fun but i can't seem to do well with him.
No, Renekton is an AD tanky dps, do not build AP on him.

ExecutionerK

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyDown View Post
1.) Whats the difference between a Melee champ like Olaf or Renek, and DPS'ers like Graves, Master Yi, or Vayne?? I know DPS'er, you build em with attack speed, but how do you build most melee champs like Wukong??
Most melee champ have skill that scale well with AD, such as Wukong (ultimate), Riven (All skills)

Ranged champ like Graves and Vayne also needs AD, but on the other hand, they also need more attack speed, this is due to the fact that a good balance of AD and AS deal most damage on these champions.

Two basic concepts:
1. Big but slow hit = damage isn't high
2. Fast but low damage hit = damage isn't high either.

You need to find a balance between the two in order to do the most damage.

***To all the people who had also helped in answering questions, thank you.

Phryair

01-25-2012

I play Cho'Gath a lot, he's my favorite champ and I usually build a doran's shield at the beginning of the game, but whenever I lane vs anyone with moderate ap damage early game I get harassed so hard that I barely get any cs (especially when I lane against Mordekaiser) and by the time that I build my magic resist items, they already built more ap because I couldn't last hit anything. I tend to always lose games whenever this happens but I don't know what to do in this situation. Oh and I'm only lvl 14 so I'm still pretty new

ExecutionerK

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phryair View Post
I play Cho'Gath a lot, he's my favorite champ and I usually build a doran's shield at the beginning of the game, but whenever I lane vs anyone with moderate ap damage early game I get harassed so hard that I barely get any cs (especially when I lane against Mordekaiser) and by the time that I build my magic resist items, they already built more ap because I couldn't last hit anything. I tend to always lose games whenever this happens but I don't know what to do in this situation. Oh and I'm only lvl 14 so I'm still pretty new
1. Doran shield should only be used if enemy top is physical damage dealer (like tryn or GP.)
2. As a chogath player, you need to learn to last hit, your passive allow you to get hp and mana back from killing minions.
3. Mordekaiser usually line you up with your minion to hit you, run off that line and silence him, then he can't do any damage.

ExecutionerK

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotdot View Post
Which champion has the most ap burst or dps or even damage over time? Do you know can you guess to find out more goto my forum and find out!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=1749375
That list is really bad... you can't calculate damage like this.

And seriously, this is a help thread, if you are not asking or answering a question, get out of here.

TalonCzar

01-25-2012

Why are people so overwhelmingly resistant to shake up the meta? My group is always willing to experiment but we rarely get to because people will whine, cry or troll when you try to do something different.

For example, we will run an AD carry with escape in mid. Hard counters many of the AP mid picks and provides gank insurance. Or we will run a different AD carry in bot lane than the usual cait, vayne, corki. We have great success in doing this but it's hard to get people's mind off the cookie-cutter build path and so often we lose because randoms won't take us seriously.

Any solutions?