Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethadind

07-05-2012

Let's try this again. Don't look at my match history. Instead assume I'm actually telling the truth. Many of my recent 10 games reflect normals played to improve my skill with Lee Sin jungling ganks (landing his Q, learning to use W on a carried ward, etc.). I wasn't concerned about the build, to be honest.

Also, I'm not going to justify PDx2 GP here - I did at first, and then realized it doubled the length of this already long post - suffice it to say that he works really well in my ELO, and just trust me on it. If you don't believe me, check my GP averages on my profile. I would never use him against somebody skilled, but against an unskilled or stupid laning opponent, which is quite frequent in my current ELO and not frequent at all in yours, he works very well.

Anyway my questions remain unanswered. Please don't look at my recent match history and think that you see it all. I promise that what I'm telling you I've considered carefully, and it's true. I've had skilled players confirm it, just to be sure. I'm certainly not perfect, or even 1500+ ELO skilled, but I'm better than where I'm at, I'm mostly lacking game sense. You may not believe me and that's fine, but please answer my questions, because I respect where you are and would like to learn this specific thing from you. Thanks! I'm not saying you owe me an answer, by the way, just that I would appreciate one, as I didn't get it the first time I asked, I don't know how to say that without sounding rude, and please understand I'm not trying to be rude at all.

Tripc0de when I'm say I'm skilled, I'm referring to...err...can't remember the name of the guy, he wrote about why he belongs where he belongs (like 1600-1700 ELO or whatever, he has a funny name, something like MASTUR13ATER or something), and he talks about not being as skilled as most of the people in his ELO - and in fact a lot of them tell him this - but because he has game sense, he remembers to ward, he knows when to push the tower and when to roam, he watches the map to help his jungler counter theirs, etc., ergo he belongs at his ELO. I don't have this, it's what I'm asking about. Skill-wise, I hit my skill shots, I last hit very well, I understand when my burst will kill them and when it will not, etc. I am skilled, I have no problem saying that - many people in lower elo ARE skilled, they're just stupid. I am stupid, if you wanna call it that, even though I have the muscles, I don't have the brain to go with it to use them effectively, understand? I'm asking you guys to help me get smarter. Forget the builds, even if you're right, I'm too stubborn to listen at the moment, so if you helped me with what I'm asking for, I would be eternally grateful!

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-05-2012

It is one of those question that is over specific that I must have your replay to answer you.

P.S. I still think you should change your GP for once just to try it out.

CatsWoof

07-06-2012

Is Mordekaiser better as mid or top and any tips for him?

TheFrap

07-06-2012

Vayne or Ashe ?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatsWoof View Post
Is Mordekaiser better as mid or top and any tips for him?
Morde is usually better off as mid.

There are 2 main things you have to notice when you are playing Morde

1. Minion control

2. Maintaining shield/ Using the shield to lower the damage being done to you.

Morde is really good at pushing minions, which is a good thing and a bad thing at the same time. Pushing minions to enemy turret can force the enemy to lose CS and allow you to gank other lanes, it also allow you to kill wraith for additional gold income (Especially on enemy wraith).

But at the same time, pushing minion waves like that will open you up to ganks, so you will need to be aware of the enemy jungler and make sure you don't overextend.

His shield is what make Morde the unkillable AP carry. You will have to find a balance between building shield safely and doing damage. Keep in mind that you should build as much AP as possible, with resistance as it also apply to your shield. Health is fine but often not advised.

Build: Boot, Hextech revolver (maybe WoTA later on), Deathcap, resistance item or voidstaff if enemy have high MR

ExecutionerK

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFrap View Post
Vayne or Ashe ?
Depend on you

Vayne for damage, Ashe for CC

NefariousNomad

07-06-2012

Thank you for this thread, I appreciate the time and effort put into it.

I read all the way thru 100 pages but stopped, will read thru later.

My questions:
1. I really want to master support. I'm a very average player but I'm working on improving. Lately it seems my lane just gets rocked by the other team. Soraka rocks my Janna. Blitz destroyed my Janna and Taric. I just couldn't catch a break last night. Should I assume that if we lose bottom lane that it is my fault?

2. I make it habit to always buy wards regardless of role. Many teams argue that its solely the sports job to ward everything. How is that possible? As support I'll have 3 up at all times, dragon, lower bush, and river. I can't possibly get more wards and still get items.suggestions?

3. I know you claim elo hell doesn't exist but right now in my 1200 games I see lots of questionable decisions, and I know I have my share. My question is, as support should I be able to "carry" myself to higher elo? Or would I need to work on a new role?

4. Any streams that I can watch to focus on well played support?

5. If possible, perhaps we could play a normal game or two. So you can see my support and my jungling abilities?

Thanks.

Scoutacus

07-06-2012

I recently bought Orianna, took the time to practice to learn how to position the ball, thoroughly enjoyed it and do not regret my purchase.
However, why is it every time I want to play Orianna on ranked my team tries to heckle me into using another mid champ?
Is it because she's not OP?
I dont do "bad" with her and typically we win team fights because of (not exclusively obviously) my contributions.

ExecutionerK

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NefariousNomad View Post
Thank you for this thread, I appreciate the time and effort put into it.

I read all the way thru 100 pages but stopped, will read thru later.

My questions:
1. I really want to master support. I'm a very average player but I'm working on improving. Lately it seems my lane just gets rocked by the other team. Soraka rocks my Janna. Blitz destroyed my Janna and Taric. I just couldn't catch a break last night. Should I assume that if we lose bottom lane that it is my fault?

2. I make it habit to always buy wards regardless of role. Many teams argue that its solely the sports job to ward everything. How is that possible? As support I'll have 3 up at all times, dragon, lower bush, and river. I can't possibly get more wards and still get items.suggestions?

3. I know you claim elo hell doesn't exist but right now in my 1200 games I see lots of questionable decisions, and I know I have my share. My question is, as support should I be able to "carry" myself to higher elo? Or would I need to work on a new role?

4. Any streams that I can watch to focus on well played support?

5. If possible, perhaps we could play a normal game or two. So you can see my support and my jungling abilities?

Thanks.
Blitz is suppose to be able to beat Janna in lane, and Soraka will outsustain Janna support

What makes Janna support shines is her ability to control in a team fight. She has a knock up, a slow, and a shield with AD buff, and finally a displacement ability. These abilities together make her much harder to play compare to most support but can be really rewarding in a team fight. Laning wise, you should be able to keep autoattacking melee support such as Blitzcrank or Nunu. Autoattacks play a huge part in support as the AD carry must focus on farming. 40 damage per hits will add up eventually.

As for warding, everyone should buy wards, but the support will have to buy the most. Often you do not need 3 wards to cover up a lane, especially when you are in control. 2 Wards are usually more than enough. However, if you are actually using 3 wards and enemy doesn't have a jungler with jump ability (such as Lee sin or Shyvana) then you should ward the enemy wraith ramp. That will allow you to have vision on enemy jungler whenever he passes the wraith and also offer protection to the mid laner.

Yes, you can carry with support, it is just much harder and you will probably require more games played to get to higher elo. A good support can totally destroy bottom lane even with a super bad ranged AD.

I don't know much about stream, but I will actually recommend to watch some video on Zoning, like this one http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0kxGQ3gWdrM

Current I am on a vacation in Hong Kong, so I doubt I will want to play any LoL.

ExecutionerK

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garanth01 View Post
I recently bought Orianna, took the time to practice to learn how to position the ball, thoroughly enjoyed it and do not regret my purchase.
However, why is it every time I want to play Orianna on ranked my team tries to heckle me into using another mid champ?
Is it because she's not OP?
I dont do "bad" with her and typically we win team fights because of (not exclusively obviously) my contributions.
The thing about Orianna is that she has a really high skill cap in which where most player cannot reach. Unless you are at a much higher ELO, people will rarely agree to see Orianna as mid carry as other carries often reward more with much less skill involved.