Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S B

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Rumble skills have movement speed buff, shield, ranged attack, slow, and a high damage flamethrower, his ultimate is also amazing during early to mid game.

However, his late game falls off really hard, so most rumble games tend to focus on getting huge advantage and end before 30minutes.
So he's a strong ap caster early/mid, then turns more into a utility hero late game? What's your personal stance on him, and would you use 6.3k ip on him to buy him?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by S B View Post
So he's a strong ap caster early/mid, then turns more into a utility hero late game? What's your personal stance on him, and would you use 6.3k ip on him to buy him?
A strong ap caster for early and mid game, and can effectively deny some solo top champion (such as tryndamere and AD nidalee before 6)

He is definitely a strong pick, and worth the 6300 IP if your team understand how to use Rumble effectively, just make sure that you don't stay up top and farm like other solo top, for all of Rumble's worth is from his ability to start and end a teamfight with high damage and nice slow.

ZBuZ

01-24-2012

while playing lee sin how can i set up for ganks? i can usually hit my q but it is hard for me to get in a good position to hit it or there are always minions in the way

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveMaria View Post
while playing lee sin how can i set up for ganks? i can usually hit my q but it is hard for me to get in a good position to hit it or there are always minions in the way
On the other hand, you can choose to use safeguard on your minion to then Cripple the enemy or land a easier Q.

Or if there are no minions, you can drop a ward on your own.

And lastly, you can always choose to walk right up to the enemy, Cripple them and then Q them, or they will blow their flash just because they saw you, which I will consider the gank as successful.

KentukyWaterfall

01-24-2012

I see you've answered a lot of questions about junglers, but you never bring up Olaf. He's my favorite character in the game because I really love his abilities, and I play him a lot (I'm only level 23). I have a lot of questions on him.

- Is he considered a good champion at level 30?

- I have watched videos of people counter jungling with him, but I've had mixed results trying this. Is there a specific time to do this?

- Is it better to level Q or E (for jungle)?

- What are some pro moves to use with him while ganking? I usually get a kill, but a lot of times I die too, and sometimes my teammate.

- Should I use pink wards at the dragon? When should I buy the Oracle lantern?

Thanks!

Based Escroto

01-24-2012

My favorite champion right now is Gangplank, and I like to build him as an offtank. But recently, I've been wanting to try him as a jungler. Since I rarely jungle, and it is quite rare in level (yes, I am not level 30 yet, but close), I can say I'm quite inexperienced. So do you have any jungle tips, runes/masteries that are good for GP jungle, and a route that you can provide me? Thanks.

And while I'm in the jungle, in what order do I add my skills?

MoneyForNothin

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
On the other hand, you can choose to use safeguard on your minion to then Cripple the enemy or land a easier Q.

Or if there are no minions, you can drop a ward on your own.

And lastly, you can always choose to walk right up to the enemy, Cripple them and then Q them, or they will blow their flash just because they saw you, which I will consider the gank as successful.
Sneaking into the bushes if the lane is pushed can't go wrong.

NOW I GET SERlOU

01-24-2012

How do I Olaf right? I've been jungling with this guy and he seems like he doesn't have enough cc to really gank correctly.

MoneyForNothin

01-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOW I GET SERlOU View Post
How do I Olaf right? I've been jungling with this guy and he seems like he doesn't have enough cc to really gank correctly.
The slow on his Q is very powerful if you manage to land it. He ganks pretty well if the lanes you are ganking have any form of reliable CC (Annie mid, Sona/Ashe bot, or Riven top for example). His Q, red buff, and the accompanying ally's CC should be enough to either force them to blow their summoners, or kill them. You just need to make sure your allies know what is going on; communicate through pings, or let them know in chat that you're ganking. People tend to be unobservant when it comes to ganking a lot of the time.

If you're that worried about his ganking capabilities, you could try to convince your team-mates in the pre-game lobby to choose champions with good CC.

Skagwatcher

01-24-2012

Would Rylai's be a good item for Renekton due to his massive AOE presence or what? Actually, how am i supposed to build Renekton normally? He seems really fun but i can't seem to do well with him.