Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
ok ken can you give me some sugestions of champs that i might like things i like are
skill shots
can start a teamfight
tank
can poke in lane
and can escape

so ken give me some that fit most of those thing above
Ashe, Ezreal, Corki, Malphite, Rammus?

BeaverFresh

06-16-2012

Or you can like, ignore my question

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarpKarpMagikarp View Post
Or you can like, ignore my question
Well, how do you want me to answer that question? Obviously there are games that you don't deserve to lose but you do, and vice verso.

The only reasonable answer is that you either doesn't have enough skill to get higher elo, or you don't have enough games to make the match system more fair to you, either way it is not a simple answerable question.

Duhizy

06-17-2012

just watched a jungler take red, level 2 gank top, fb, instantly gank mid, get a kill,port back, got all his buffs and cleared once and spent the rest of the game until 20 min roaming/counterjungling and killing everyone. He was jungling ezreal and had 60 cs and 8 kills when they 20 min surrender. Would you recommend doing this with any jungler that can invade/duel/gank exp mundo nautalist,lee sin, shyvana and apparently ezreal?

ex. i would get 2 fast kills with lee and then invade and kill their jungler with my lead and stop concentrating on my cs and go to get more ganks and kills? what happens when i die? do i do a few clears of my jungle than commence ganking and getting ever dragon? Should i call my team to group and push mid at 15 mins lol because thats basically what the ezreal i watched did, it just seems.... sketchy.

ExecutionerKen

06-17-2012

That is pretty standard for most aggressive early game jungler. Take Alistar for example. If he can land both W + Q, his 2.5 seconds cc is enough for pretty much any lane to kill the enemy, thus he can gain gold and exp from the lane.

That type of jungler usually focus on pure early game, in order for it to work, the laners got to be decent at following up as the jungler is losing experience compare to the enemy jungler. However, it is one of the few methods to completely destroy the enemy team's morale with constant 3v2 or 2v1.

Duhizy

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
That is pretty standard for most aggressive early game jungler. Take Alistar for example. If he can land both W + Q, his 2.5 seconds cc is enough for pretty much any lane to kill the enemy, thus he can gain gold and exp from the lane.

That type of jungler usually focus on pure early game, in order for it to work, the laners got to be decent at following up as the jungler is losing experience compare to the enemy jungler. However, it is one of the few methods to completely destroy the enemy team's morale with constant 3v2 or 2v1.
so basically what u are suggesting is that if the ganks continue to work as someone like lee sin or any other jungler for that matter that i should continue to gank and invade for jungle kills and buffs until i die or i fail a gank, i which case i should farm my jungle a bit and commence jungling like would have in an average jungle game ie clear jungle twice and gank once on and on so that i dont fall off completely with no cs( maybe i only get assists :/)

ExecutionerKen

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
so basically what u are suggesting is that if the ganks continue to work as someone like lee sin or any other jungler for that matter that i should continue to gank and invade for jungle kills and buffs until i die or i fail a gank, i which case i should farm my jungle a bit and commence jungling like would have in an average jungle game ie clear jungle twice and gank once on and on so that i dont fall off completely with no cs( maybe i only get assists :/)
Yes. There are three purposes for having a jungler.

1. Gank lanes
2. Get money and exp from jungle
3. Map control

Basically when you are keep ganking, you have 1 and 3, which is good.

Duhizy

06-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Yes. There are three purposes for having a jungler.

1. Gank lanes
2. Get money and exp from jungle
3. Map control

Basically when you are keep ganking, you have 1 and 3, which is good.
iv been told that i dont know how to properly snowball as a jungler when i get a lead which is the reason that i ask these questions. Before i would get an early lead, maybe 2 kills at 8 min but then i would continue the consistent jungling pace ex: full clear my jungle twice and gank once and counter jungle when i see the chance to try to hit my 100 cs at 20 min quota as a jungler.

Then i was told that when i get a lead like this i should stop farming as much as i do and build strong offensive items so that my ganks will be more successful and concentrate on the roaming more then the farming but then i ran into the issue were sometimes ganks just didnt work regardless off my lead for various reasons and it left me far behind because i had just spent 5 min basically roaming and counter jungling leaving me little cs or exp.

Of course this depends on the champ that im jungling and i do sometimes manage to continue the roam ganking snowball with strong gankers like twitch alistar lee and end the game at 20 min flat but the chances of that are like 20 percent. So i looked for a middle ground, i have yet to try this because the servers are down but i wanna run this little strat by u.

strat scenario: say im mundo vs lee sin. I start by taking his blue buff without smite and then moving on to take my red buff. Lee sin fails hes level 2 gank and mid lane stops him from taking my blue. I gank bot after finishing my red buff for level 2 and get fb. I then go with the lead premise that i should gank again if one works because i have enough gold from the kill/assist atm to gank again. I instantly gank mid but the gank fails, so i clear my jungle twice and back. I get a HOG and boots and head directly to gank top lane, gank succeeds so i decide to gank mid instantly, mid gank suceeds, so i gank bot instantly, gank fails. So i clear my full jungle twice and get all the buffs as they come up and back. the rest is me controlling drag and counter jungling,counter ganking,warding,oracles etc because im fed and want to deny the lee.

^that is an extremely good game, under that strat if i constantly fail my ganks from the get go i would be doing nothing but counter ganking,counter,jungling and clearing my full jungle a ridiculous amount of times if all my ganks failed while helping in anyway i can.

Is there anything you can say about this? iv been trying to develop a system of sorts that will make me constant in ever game and it changes slighty depending on the person im jungling and they people im facing but it remains similar for 70% of junglers. sorry for the long post, i really want to understand this concept completely. plz give me feedback on how to improve this in anyway.

From ur favourite asker

ExecutionerKen

06-17-2012

I don't like to make things way too complicated. So this will be how I decide to move as a jungler
Start asking yourself from 1 and downwad.

1. Do the lanes need help/ pushed? Gank
2. Do you know where the enemy jungler is, and is it possible to counterjungle him? You to decide.
3. Is it possible to tower dive enemy and kill them? Gank
4. Do you need money for items? Farm jungle
5. Do your friendly champion snowballs really hard? Camp that lane.

n00boxular

06-18-2012

How to tanks do as support? I already love nautlius support because his CC just makes their ad carry focus me while my ad carry guts them both.

However, I wanted to ask how viable is rammus and malphite support? Rammus's taunt makes their ad carry useless, malphite has alot of cc and a godly ult. What makes a champ viable for support?

I usually main support (nunu being my favorite) and I don't play skillshot dependant supports because my ping is almost always 260-280. Therefore I'm looking for tanky supports with click based targeting skills. If either malphite or rammus are in either viable for ranked support, I'll be extremely happy, I might even think about cho'gath support.

Right now I'm buying malphite>janna>zilean> rammus or nautilus or maybe even lulu.