Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-11-2012

Done with everything, back in business now.

Onerblack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-12-2012

I am a no elo level 30 player with 196 wins (so, almost 400 normal games)...
I read a lot (ward guides, team comp. guides, champions that i don't even have guides)
So I feel ready for Ranked.
But! I feel like only a few no-elo summoners do this kind of stuff... Should I wait and improve my "hidden-elo" before? There's a mark for this? What I mean is: I am really afraid of getting a bad team on my first 10 Ranked Games and **** with my elo

Any tips?
-------------------------------------

bump, thumbs up!

Amaltron

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onerblack View Post
I am a no elo level 30 player with 196 wins (so, almost 400 normal games)...
I read a lot (ward guides, team comp. guides, champions that i don't even have guides)
So I feel ready for Ranked.
But! I feel like only a few no-elo summoners do this kind of stuff... Should I wait and improve my "hidden-elo" before? There's a mark for this? What I mean is: I am really afraid of getting a bad team on my first 10 Ranked Games and **** with my elo

Any tips?
-------------------------------------

bump, thumbs up!
That's good that you're looking up guides and wanting to improve. That's a big step to improving. If you feel like you're ready for ranked go for it! I recommend you to actually do ranked and jump right in. Why do you ask? Because when you're playing ranked, your mind adjusts to try your best to win - because there is something up for stakes now. You will begin to learn the change between normals and ranked (as well as get rid of the nervousness associated with ranked at first). The more you play ranked, the better you will get. If you first land at 800 elo, that's fine. You know where you are in comparison to others. Keep working at it and you will gain elo. I was at 1100 and kept playing until 1800. Of course, I watched, read, and learned as I went through, constantly trying out things that I learned. Even if you get a good team for the first 10 games, if you don't belong in that elo, you will drop back down either way. So don't be afraid and just jump in!

Onerblack

06-12-2012

Thank you bro, i am going ranked tomorrow ! i'll post here how it was! :-)

ExecutionerK

06-12-2012

I will suggest you to do 5 games for now, then comeback here and tell us about how you think and the problems.

Dishoveled Panda

06-12-2012

2 questions

1 - My main problem is, when I play an AD carry or AP carry, I always find myself getting a little ahead of myself and in a easy position to be focused down, what are some tips/ways to get better at positioning or knowing when to go in and not to go in?

2 - How in gods name do I get out of 1000-1100 ELO...

ExecutionerK

06-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bojanglez123 View Post
2 questions

1 - My main problem is, when I play an AD carry or AP carry, I always find myself getting a little ahead of myself and in a easy position to be focused down, what are some tips/ways to get better at positioning or knowing when to go in and not to go in?

2 - How in gods name do I get out of 1000-1100 ELO...
1. When you are the AD carry or AP carry, unless there is a form of crowd control that makes you got to go in front of everybody else, STAY BEHIND THE OTHERS. Your job will be dishing out damage while staying alive as long as possible, do not go too crazy and dive the enemy carries, that doesn't work

General rule of thumb is to stay behind your jungle/ top lane bruiser, or with your support. Either use the support as a meat shield when skillshots are coming in or take advantage of the aura that they have

2. It is always the same thing
a. Rage less
b. Play better
c. Stop blaming others

Now if you want to go into deeper details, wards, counter warding, last hit, or aggressive zoning can also help.

(For most of these, you should go to take a quick look at my "All you need to know about support" thread, I covered most of the basic stuff about supporting, but you can use those for any lanes)

Richard Lazer

06-12-2012

ok so my flavor of the month us fiora and i would like to knew a good jungle build for her that uses a vamp scepter at start of the can work

Pother

06-12-2012

I have lost the last 11 ranked matches in a row, swiftly dropping from my 1300 after qualifying, to about 900. I guess that would mean I'm not skilled enough to be a 1300 ELO player, which I agree. Included is a replay from my 11th loss, and it is extremely typical of low ELO matches, one team usually crushes the other, not a very good match.

I played Alistar that match, and it was far from one of my better games, yet I haven't the slightest Idea what I could have done to help my team perform better (outside of getting better at alistars headbutt/pummel combo). I find myself in this situation quite frequently, where I just don't know what I more I could do. Is it me, is it my team?

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/502775/

ExecutionerK

06-12-2012

@Richard
Jungle fiora with vamp scepter is rather unsafe in most cases. If it happens that you get counter jungled, even a bad counter jungler can kill you

I will suggest to go with cloth 5 pot, then wriggle and boot, and eventually build it up to the standard tanky dps build, such as Randuin if enemy is heavy on AD, FM if you need the slow, and Maw if you need the MR

@ Pother
Watching now