Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

06-02-2012

Quote:
duhizy:
often at ever elo in the bot lane there are games were there is no ideal amount of cs at the 10 min mark and at the 20 because there are to many factors that effect the amount that both ads will have. Some games both ads will have 80 at 10 min and other game both will have 50 at 10 min even at high elo. Chaox once said on stream that because of these factors that sometimes thats just how the game goes and that the only ideal amount of cs is more than your opponent regardless of how low your is. What are your thoughts on this, it applies to ever lane but more so to the bot lane imo because they are expected to have at least 70 cs at 10 min while being able to deny their enemy but to be realistic even the pros only do that 50 percent of the time.

Do you think this is a mistake although it happens to ever player. With the nerf of sustain in the bot lane its becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate on farming because you can no longer shrug off any damage you take with lifesteal,heals and must always reply when you are attack by the enemy or you'll just get zoned.

Imo. bot lane 10 minute cs can go as low as 50, but you have to deny the enemy hard or you get some kills. The reason for this is because this game is not only about how farmed you are, but also how far ahead you are compare to the enemy. If you can get money from ways other than farming, then you are good to go.

Even with the nerf on sustain, bot lane is fine. The less sustain means that they will be more need of carefully planned move, or else you will get turret dived even with lifesteal if the enemy can poke you, it creates more changing factors for the bottom lane.

Folly Inc

06-02-2012

ExKen, I had the opportunity to spectate your match and the client wouldn't let me. I sadfaced.

ExecutionerK

06-02-2012

Quote:
Folly Inc:
ExKen, I had the opportunity to spectate your match and the client wouldn't let me. I sadfaced.

Doing pretty bad today, was upset starting from the second match and current on a losing spree Q_Q

VaMP the Vice

Recruiter

06-03-2012

I play solo top and I've been running into a problem over the past two days:

1: When playing vs a ranged match up top lane (I.E. Nidalee, Kennen, Teemo) as a melee champion (I've been playing Jax, and Olaf a lot) how do you deal with not getting auto-attacked to death? Is is just the players trying to play overly aggressive because they have the advantage of range? For example, I had to lane against Kennen as Jax (he was AD kennen), my CS suffered greatly because he spent more time AAing me then creeps, I started boots because I was assuming he would be an AP kennen. We both had a CS of 60~ by 15 minutes which was utterly atrocious.

So I guess my question is:
1: How do I not get AA'd to death by ranged champions?
2: How can I improve my CS vs ranged champions and in general? (I can sit in a custom game and score 100 CS at the 10 minute mark when no ones there but adding the element of another human changes CS drastically especially when theyre hyper aggressive and want to make trades)

ExecutionerK

06-03-2012

Quote:
VaMP the Vice:
I play solo top and I've been running into a problem over the past two days:

1: When playing vs a ranged match up top lane (I.E. Nidalee, Kennen, Teemo) as a melee champion (I've been playing Jax, and Olaf a lot) how do you deal with not getting auto-attacked to death? Is is just the players trying to play overly aggressive because they have the advantage of range? For example, I had to lane against Kennen as Jax (he was AD kennen), my CS suffered greatly because he spent more time AAing me then creeps, I started boots because I was assuming he would be an AP kennen. We both had a CS of 60~ by 15 minutes which was utterly atrocious.

So I guess my question is:
1: How do I not get AA'd to death by ranged champions?
2: How can I improve my CS vs ranged champions and in general? (I can sit in a custom game and score 100 CS at the 10 minute mark when no ones there but adding the element of another human changes CS drastically especially when theyre hyper aggressive and want to make trades)

1. When ranged champion keep autoattacking you, they will tend to push the lane. Usually by level 2 or 3, the minions will be in a really favorable position for gank, ask the jungler to come over.
2. Sustain is the key. If you go with ninja tabi and lifesteal, Jax can easily outsustain Kennen in a long run, not to mention that he can actually trade decently after that, as leap strike is a good gap closer.

Ranged Champion will have the advantage for the first few levels, but if you don't let them go out of control, melee champion usually can catch up and dealt much more damage.

Dazza08

06-03-2012

How do you deal with leblanc as a match up mid. I played as ryze against her with BV and still got effed. Who can lane against her Fizz? Cassio?

ExecutionerK

06-03-2012

Quote:
Dazza08:
How do you deal with leblanc as a match up mid. I played as ryze against her with BV and still got effed. Who can lane against her Fizz? Cassio?

Leblanc's burst is purely from her Q and R. It is a good idea to get Mercury thread early on and build banshee ASAP.

One thing to notice, if Leblanc want to do her full combo to kill you, she will need to use her dash as well (as long as you try to stay at full hp) right after her burst, she will do no DPS for a good period of time, that is when you should step up and go in.

Merc thread is really useful at reducing the silence duration, if you have MR in your glyph, no Leblanc will be able to burst you down quick enough, and you can do a whole rotation of spells of leblanc when she is trying to back off.

One last thing, always, always, buy hp pot when you are against a leblanc. If you stay at full hp, she can't kill you without a jungler's help.

Duhizy

06-04-2012

i just lost a ranked game for the first time. Plz show me how to carry 3/13 roam eve.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/484961/

ExecutionerK

06-04-2012

Quote:
duhizy:
i just lost a ranked game for the first time. Plz show me how to carry 3/13 roam eve.

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/484961/

1. Don't go gp10
2. Don't miss ability when the enemy is right in your face( refering to the miss of Q on sivir when they are too close)
3. Practice last hit, you are missing a lot of last hit
4. Buy item faster (Your first trip back to base took you more than 10 seconds, a really long time in most cases)

Overall, although the eve fail quite bad as a roamer (fail to steal starting blue golem) there are a lot of room for you to improve on.

LuckNSkill

06-05-2012

Hi Ken,

Just wanted to ask you if you should dodge que when the meta matchup of your team is unbalanced such as too much AD 4 champs, too much AD ranged, too much AP ranged, No Tank and 4 Tank team.

I'm on a bit of a losing streak because I noticed often that there is miscommunication about what roles everyone wants to play and it ends up one role isn't covered well and I can't seem to do much about that when I"m not last pick but if I am then I do my best but I don't have that many champions yet. Your thoughts on this woud be appericated