Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DCMagic

06-01-2012

Ive picked up dr. Mundo recently do you have any tips besides remembering to turn of the W for mundo? Thanks

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibanosutoraiki View Post
Have you ever use equation in battle? For example, study each character and their flat defense,power, and ability and apply it to your character. (ryze have x amount of defense while i have x amount of power, so i can hit him 4 auto and one ability to = a kill on him) .......2(ryze has x amount of defense by lvl plus x amount with item. I have x amount of power plus x amount with this item.. So i can kill him with 7 autoattack plus 3 ability moves) these are withough calculating the runes and build prediction. Or do you think the equation its just useless and you can do it by instinc?

2. Do you ever pratice in co-op vs ai to pratice flash, last hit minions, learning the jungle and how the character moves in the jungle to predict if your character would walk a different path than the path you clicked? or is this useless as well?

3. what is the best tip you can give to improve a player?. such as the above example if it works.. knowledge in rune pages, items, and character abilities with their own stats per lvl..
1. There is some basic number that you want to use, such as when you build more damage or when to build more armor pen
2. never
3. practice the basic, warding and last hit

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudonym1510 View Post
Hi Ken,

I just started reading your new guide on support and am looking forward to the ensuing chapters.
I've been playing a bit of support in draft games and am kinda getting the hang of it. My question is what do you do when your ad carry is straight out bad? I played two games in a row as Janna with a Vayne in my lane and both of them were auto attacking creeps and not getting last hits. I asked both of them multiple times to stop but they did not respond and as a result our jungle couldn't really help and even with a ward covering us we got ganked. Fortunately our other lanes were doing well and when midgame came around I found myself in a difficult position. Multiple times Vayne would come running to us from two enemies and I had to decide whether to ult to save her (I sheilded first but that wasn't enough) or let her die so we can clean up the other two?
This kinda situation kept cropping up. I worked really hard to keep her alive during the game and sometimes it was successful, other times not. Should I just give up and focus on sheilding our fed Darius, saving my ult to help someone who can help win, or become a walking life support system to the hopeless carry?

Regards,
Pseudonym
If you carry is bad, talk to them and make sure they stay as passive as possible. Even a bad carry can be really useful late game, but that is only if he can survive til then.

Wards the jungle and make sure he can keep passively farming, then proceed freeze the minions in a favorable position (usually just give up on the outer turret if your carry is really that bad)

OMFG

06-01-2012

Double Post :P

OMFG

06-01-2012

Are the champions Veigar/Xerath/Zilean all viable for Low Elo/High Elo ranked games?

I'm currently a Veigar main - I'm only level 24, but I dominate with Veigar. I also play Xerath/Zilean as AP Mid's - I'm trying to focus on AP mid champions, as for me they're the most enjoyable to play. I'm mostly wondering about Veigar - but I also want tips for Xerath/Zilean.

Who does Veigar counter/get counter'd by? I get dominated when I face Lux/LeBlanc/Brand/Cassi/Morgana mid, but I'm not sure who I'm best against.

Are there any "pro Veigar tips" you could give me? I focus on getting Q farm, ganking top/bottom if we get pushed too hard and focusing AP/AD carries late game.

On Veigar, I start off with Meki's Pendant/2 Health Potions - and on my first trip back, try to get ToG/Boots. I then try to get Sorc Boots and rush DeathFire Grasp, as DFG tends to help me burst output dramatically. I then go for Rabadon's, then I get Void Staff/WoA depending on my needs. I then upgrade ToG to ArchAngel's, mostly for the AP, but when I have it, it seems like I have infinite mana. For runes, I have Flat Magic Pen Marks, Mana Regen/Per Level Glyphs, AP/Per Level Seals and Flat AP Quin's. Anything I can do to improve my build?

Thanks in advance for the help.

til Days of Blue

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCMagic View Post
Ive picked up dr. Mundo recently do you have any tips besides remembering to turn of the W for mundo? Thanks
Cleaver takes time to travel, better predict the path.
You can basically turn E on 24/7
Don't save the ultimate til it is too late.

Amaltron

06-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlzNoTears View Post
My main questions are if Veigar/Xerath are viable picks for ranked games, in low elo and high elo?
Yes. Anyone is viable in low elo, and I mean ANYONE. Xerath's burst is extremely powerful at level 6 and veigar is extremely good versus many picks.

Quote:
I currently have an AP mid rune page - consisting of Magic Pen Marks, Mana Regen/Per Level Seals, AP/Per Level Glyphs, and Flat AP Quints. Would this be a good set up for Veigar or Xerath, or both?
For myself, I like to run multiple rune pages for each role because you will never face the same team composition every single time. Your rune page is fine for Xerath if you are willing to play with a squishy mindset. However, if I were to build my rune pages, I would replace the ap/level glyphs with flat or scaling MR (depending on which you prefer). As for Veigar, because he's a more late game oriented champion, I would personally build him more 'defensive' rather than offensive because you're extremely squishy and you don't do much damage early game. However, please note that I don't play much AP mid and this is just based on what I do in AP mid and what I see others build, as well as speculation and thought.

Quote:
Is ArchAngel's a decent item to pick up late game on Veigar? I personally start off with Meki's/2 health pots, and I try to get ToG/Boots on my first trip back (and hopefully amplifying tome), and I find ArchAngel's late game gives me a huge boost in AP, and I practically have infinite mana. I try to rush DeathFire Grasp as soon as possible, as it REALLY helps my burst output.
Archangel's Staff is an okay item. Personally, that is really up to you. However, for myself, I would avoid building it on Veigar unless I would BE ABLE TO sit in lane and just farm my Q. If your opponents do not allow you to do so, I wouldn't necessarily go that route and would rather build a catalyst into a rod of ages. As for the DFG, I like to hold onto the kage's lucky pick for the gold generation, and would only build DFG when I know that it's effect would be crucial to winning my lane or would outweigh usefulness of the extra gold generation the pick provides.

til Days of Blue

06-01-2012

Quote:
Are the champions Veigar/Xerath/Zilean all viable for Low Elo/High Elo ranked games?

I'm currently a Veigar main - I'm only level 24, but I dominate with Veigar. I also play Xerath/Zilean as AP Mid's - I'm trying to focus on AP mid champions, as for me they're the most enjoyable to play. I'm mostly wondering about Veigar - but I also want tips for Xerath/Zilean.

Who does Veigar counter/get counter'd by? I get dominated when I face Lux/LeBlanc/Brand/Cassi/Morgana mid, but I'm not sure who I'm best against.

Are there any "pro Veigar tips" you could give me? I focus on getting Q farm, ganking top/bottom if we get pushed too hard and focusing AP/AD carries late game.

On Veigar, I start off with Meki's Pendant/2 Health Potions - and on my first trip back, try to get ToG/Boots. I then try to get Sorc Boots and rush DeathFire Grasp, as DFG tends to help me burst output dramatically. I then go for Rabadon's, then I get Void Staff/WoA depending on my needs. I then upgrade ToG to ArchAngel's, mostly for the AP, but when I have it, it seems like I have infinite mana. For runes, I have Flat Magic Pen Marks, Mana Regen/Per Level Glyphs, AP/Per Level Seals and Flat AP Quin's. Anything I can do to improve my build?

Thanks in advance for the help.
1. Yes, they are fine
2. Veiger gets counter by every single AP mid, but the fact is that he is really strong starting from mid game into late game.
3. Veigar's gank is not that great, read iKarry's guide on solomid
4. With the new DFG setup, you want one or two doran for mana regen and rush straight for DFG, buying a meki pendant into ToG is usually too slow, however, it is still a decent choice for the mana regen and pool

Rune page is depend on the player, some player favor full MR page for better 1v1 at mid, while others favor AP for more burst in most situation, it is up to you to decide, few different rune pages also help.

Kibanosutoraiki

06-01-2012

[QUOTE=ExecutionerKen;24851734]1. There is some basic number that you want to use, such as when you build more damage or when to build more armor pen
2. never
3. practice the basic, warding and last hit[/QUOTE]

Ty sir

Duhizy

06-02-2012

often at ever elo in the bot lane there are games were there is no ideal amount of cs at the 10 min mark and at the 20 because there are to many factors that effect the amount that both ads will have. Some games both ads will have 80 at 10 min and other game both will have 50 at 10 min even at high elo. Chaox once said on stream that because of these factors that sometimes thats just how the game goes and that the only ideal amount of cs is more than your opponent regardless of how low your is. What are your thoughts on this, it applies to ever lane but more so to the bot lane imo because they are expected to have at least 70 cs at 10 min while being able to deny their enemy but to be realistic even the pros only do that 50 percent of the time.

Do you think this is a mistake although it happens to ever player. With the nerf of sustain in the bot lane its becoming increasingly difficult to concentrate on farming because you can no longer shrug off any damage you take with lifesteal,heals and must always reply when you are attack by the enemy or you'll just get zoned.