Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Artamisprime777

05-29-2012

God always shows mercy, players do not. Learn the solo farm Q, never the rage quit QQ. Feel the clam. Feel the wtfpwngggodmodeglhf!!!!! Become thier fear you always win. A truly wise man knows ****. Zen plays, not penta-gays.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/472275/

plz watch this and tell me what i could have done. Basically, the jungler,top and mid plus blitz were premade and the ashe was random vs us that were all randoms. Obviously, their coordination is to much for a solo q team to handle and we all got denied hard but what could i have done to win this game and maybe some tips as to how i can play like they did ever game( mainly vlad,panth and kennen)maybe some overall game advice.
I don't think that pantheon is premade with kennen or vlad, the movement shows that they are not.

One huge mistake that you guys made was not camping bush with Alistar and Graves. Those two AoE is the best solution to early aggressive Blitz.

Basically, whenever you see a blitz on the enemy team, get the whole group to camp in a bush so that they cannot come into your jungle (for example, since you are amumu, sit at the bush that is in between mid lane and river, where the enemy usually go.

You need to keep track of the location of enemy wards as well. Blitz started with 4 wards, and you were camping in a bush that is warded, which is such a waste of time Q_Q

Graves made a huge mistake on rushing IE without any doran or lifesteal, while Alistar choose to max Q first, which eventually lead to Graves having no sustain and get burst down really quick.

You guys keep on spreading out as well, with only little wards on the map. The enemy have wards all over your jungle, which make your alistar should invest into an oracle for clearing.

Duhizy

05-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
I don't think that pantheon is premade with kennen or vlad, the movement shows that they are not.

One huge mistake that you guys made was not camping bush with Alistar and Graves. Those two AoE is the best solution to early aggressive Blitz.

Basically, whenever you see a blitz on the enemy team, get the whole group to camp in a bush so that they cannot come into your jungle (for example, since you are amumu, sit at the bush that is in between mid lane and river, where the enemy usually go.

You need to keep track of the location of enemy wards as well. Blitz started with 4 wards, and you were camping in a bush that is warded, which is such a waste of time Q_Q

Graves made a huge mistake on rushing IE without any doran or lifesteal, while Alistar choose to max Q first, which eventually lead to Graves having no sustain and get burst down really quick.

You guys keep on spreading out as well, with only little wards on the map. The enemy have wards all over your jungle, which make your alistar should invest into an oracle for clearing.
the panth was with them, they said so in chat. The ali didnt let me know were the wards were and i couldnt have known even by checking his ward count whether or not he had used them for a lane bush,tri bush or dragon area. Id like to know what my options were in dealing with the fact that my buffs were warded and three people would attack me the sec i started one, i cant buy an oracles that early as a jungler and can i really buy a pink ward every time my blue is up? Also if i am to avoid death i must see that top and mid are mia and back off the buff but then when they have bush control do i just walk away? in that game i thought i was just vlad and kennen in the blue bush so i went to ward it but it turned out that panth had walked in and ended up killing me, by the ten min mark if i tried to gank then they would just kill us 1 v 2. Other then not having map awareness the first time they killed me(never again) what can i do in this situation where we could have a comeback.

Xelane

05-31-2012

Hello, I would like to start off by expressing my gratitude along with everyone else for this very generous service that you are granting us fellow players.

Before I ask my questions, i'd like to give a little context about myself:

I've played about 200 games or so, and am most proficient with AP carries (mainly fizz, I love that champ) and tanks like rammus.
I seem to play just as well, if not better, than my friends who have played over 500 games each.

I tend to usually play very passively, not going any further than merely poking/harassing the enemy unless I know for certain that I have the distinct advantage, and tend to respond to stressful situations like sudden teamfights by running away (I unfortunately have a timid nature, and do this on instinct, I am working on it though)

Recently, I've made it a point to take a page from high elo players, and have taken it upon myself to ward around the map, prompting/urging my team to take dragon/baron when available, ganking other lanes when the opportunity arises, and this has paid off in a very big way so far.

I hope that gives a bit of insight on what anyone who responds thinks I should work on

With this in mind, I want to ask:

1: What is a good mindset/ thought process one should have when a 1v1 or otherwise sudden fight involving your champ breaks out? a said before, I almost always run for at least a second or 2, looking at the enemy's hp to quickly guage whether or not I can beat them, but I wanted to ask if there is a better way of sizing up an enemy on the fly

tl;dr: How do I quickly figure out how strong the enemy is compared to myself

2: I started watching alot of dyrus streams, and notice that while -I- and many other players I play with/against tend to basically build 1 full item at a time (often building maybe 1 item on the side, but no more than that)
Dyrus and his ELO group seem to build multiple items at a time; how do I know when to rush a full item? and when grabbing multiple small items instead of larger full items, which items (in general) should I be getting?

for example: I recall seeing a stream where Dyrus grabs an extra Doran's blade solely to allow better last hitting, how do I know what I need to be getting?

tl;dr: I don't know when to rush an item and when to grab multiple small items, and what those small items should be (I feel a bit stupid for asking this, tbh)

3: When should one grab an elixer of any kind? I know that if you have your full build and have nothing to spend the money on, that you should just get elixers, but outside of that, when is the right time to grab one?

tl;dr: Elixers...when get?

Finally: When last hitting, when should you auto attack a minion to death, and when should you ONLY last hit them? I see people mix it up alot, and don't know when to do which over the other.

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds =)

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xelane View Post
1: What is a good mindset/ thought process one should have when a 1v1 or otherwise sudden fight involving your champ breaks out? a said before, I almost always run for at least a second or 2, looking at the enemy's hp to quickly guage whether or not I can beat them, but I wanted to ask if there is a better way of sizing up an enemy on the fly

tl;dr: How do I quickly figure out how strong the enemy is compared to myself

2: I started watching alot of dyrus streams, and notice that while -I- and many other players I play with/against tend to basically build 1 full item at a time (often building maybe 1 item on the side, but no more than that)
Dyrus and his ELO group seem to build multiple items at a time; how do I know when to rush a full item? and when grabbing multiple small items instead of larger full items, which items (in general) should I be getting?

for example: I recall seeing a stream where Dyrus grabs an extra Doran's blade solely to allow better last hitting, how do I know what I need to be getting?

tl;dr: I don't know when to rush an item and when to grab multiple small items, and what those small items should be (I feel a bit stupid for asking this, tbh)

3: When should one grab an elixer of any kind? I know that if you have your full build and have nothing to spend the money on, that you should just get elixers, but outside of that, when is the right time to grab one?

tl;dr: Elixers...when get?

Finally: When last hitting, when should you auto attack a minion to death, and when should you ONLY last hit them? I see people mix it up alot, and don't know when to do which over the other.

Thanks in advance for anyone who responds =)
1. Knowing the enemy team's composition, estimated gold accumulation in accordance to your team, your team's composition, your team's relative health in comparison to the opponent's health, cooldowns and whether or not they have been used or not (including summoners). Essentially, by knowing one or more of these things you can estimate whether or not your damage is enough to defeat the opponent. There is also the use of range and confidence in skill (like is their team kitable? Who has more sustained damage?) There are tons of variables to know and to understand this, you start looking at these things one step at a time, and eventually, after playing a lot more, you begin to know these things at an instant. Hope this helps.

2. It really depends on the situation. Does the item provide you the stats you need? Is the final item necessary for the time being? How long is the lane phase going to last? Does your team need the item now or later? Can you survive with just this? Did something new come up that your team now needs another item? Is it a gold/per 10 item? Do you really need the item to win your lane or contest an objective? Will the item give you a significant advantage to complete now or later? These are all questions you have to ask yourself (and probably a ton more!) As I said earlier, the more you play and understand small bits of the game, the more you build up and understand why these players do these things.

3. Same as the other two questions, it is all situational and based on feel, playstyle, and your goal/objective. Usually, elixers are purchased when you need the bonus stats immediately for an objective. Like, for example, some people buy a red potion because they know they can bait the enemy into thinking he's low and win a trade. Or he can dominate his lane with the small increased stats. Or there will be a forced team fight soon and you don't have enough gold to buy a larger item, so you buy elixers to boost your stats to the maximum at the time to increase your chances of winning the team fight. Other than that, you can buy them after you have completed all your items and want to further boost your stats beyond what your items provide.

4. It is all situational depending on the matchup and what is occuring on the map. Is your opponent stronger than you? If so, you try not to push the lane. Is your opponent's jungler a real scary ganker? If so, you try not to push the lane. Are you extremely behind your opponent? If so, you try not to push your lane. Did your opponent back off to his base? If so, try and push the lane (situational again... too much to explain). Is your opponent really weak at clearing waves (and knowing the lack of jungle presence)? If so, push the lane. Did you notice your opponents are really bad at last hitting? If so, you can try and push the lane. Are you planning on heading back to base? If so, you can burn all your mana to push the lane so you can come back with your wave reset. Are you trying to reset your creep wave? If so, push the lane. There are tons and tons of scenarios and situations where you do this or do that. It's all based on your own feel and perception to the game at that time and ultimately, your decision to do it based on what you know.

Sorry Ken for answering, I had an urge to answer it.

ExecutionerKen

05-31-2012

^ I approve his answers.

As for #1, you should make the decision base on your champion and the enemy, the level, hp, and items that they have

Duhizy

05-31-2012

Y U NO answer mine (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((( im so depressed its overwhelming <3

tl dr: question was what do i do when they ward up my buffs and the sec i start one three people jump me, my answer was to back off;however, this means that iv lost my blue or red.......last time i warded the bush i got killed and i cant buy and oracles at 10 min or pink ward all my buffs. Lastly, what can i do to comeback from this an win games.

ExecutionerKen

05-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
Y U NO answer mine (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((( (((((((((((((((((((( im so depressed its overwhelming <3

tl dr: question was what do i do when they ward up my buffs and the sec i start one three people jump me, my answer was to back off;however, this means that iv lost my blue or red.......last time i warded the bush i got killed and i cant buy and oracles at 10 min or pink ward all my buffs. Lastly, what can i do to comeback from this an win games.
I had mentioned it many times in my thread, that picking Amumu jungle will hugely rely on having a good mid and support to be willing to protect the jungle with you. Generally speaking a strong AoE CC support (Alistar) can easily help you to protect the blue buff as long as you get the whole team to camp together, then one ward at wraith ramp and one ward at tribush can secure the position for the bottom jungle.

As for oracle or pink ward, buy it when you need it. It is recommended to bring one pink ward with you to ward on dragon, but most other location you can use normal ward.

Nonetheless, Oracle should only be bought when you really need to disrupt enemy map control, getting it too early is stupid.

Lastly, that game you guys simply got outplayed and outskilled, you will not comeback unless the enemy make huge mistake, If you want to make them to give you the chance, however, warding the jungle and catch them one by one will be your best shot.

Kibanosutoraiki

05-31-2012

Have you ever use equation in battle? For example, study each character and their flat defense,power, and ability and apply it to your character. (ryze have x amount of defense while i have x amount of power, so i can hit him 4 auto and one ability to = a kill on him) .......2(ryze has x amount of defense by lvl plus x amount with item. I have x amount of power plus x amount with this item.. So i can kill him with 7 autoattack plus 3 ability moves) these are withough calculating the runes and build prediction. Or do you think the equation its just useless and you can do it by instinc?

2. Do you ever pratice in co-op vs ai to pratice flash, last hit minions, learning the jungle and how the character moves in the jungle to predict if your character would walk a different path than the path you clicked? or is this useless as well?

3. what is the best tip you can give to improve a player?. such as the above example if it works.. knowledge in rune pages, items, and character abilities with their own stats per lvl..

pseudonym1510

06-01-2012

Hi Ken,

I just started reading your new guide on support and am looking forward to the ensuing chapters.
I've been playing a bit of support in draft games and am kinda getting the hang of it. My question is what do you do when your ad carry is straight out bad? I played two games in a row as Janna with a Vayne in my lane and both of them were auto attacking creeps and not getting last hits. I asked both of them multiple times to stop but they did not respond and as a result our jungle couldn't really help and even with a ward covering us we got ganked. Fortunately our other lanes were doing well and when midgame came around I found myself in a difficult position. Multiple times Vayne would come running to us from two enemies and I had to decide whether to ult to save her (I sheilded first but that wasn't enough) or let her die so we can clean up the other two?
This kinda situation kept cropping up. I worked really hard to keep her alive during the game and sometimes it was successful, other times not. Should I just give up and focus on sheilding our fed Darius, saving my ult to help someone who can help win, or become a walking life support system to the hopeless carry?

Regards,
Pseudonym