Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

pseudonym1510

05-18-2012

Hey guys I'm level 29 and have been playing a lot of Sivir recently and have been doing pretty well (Karthus ult? Thanks for the mana bro!)

My build is generally Dorans Blade -> Zeal -> Infinity Edge -> Phantom Dancer -> ...........armor penetration. Now I've been experimenting a bit with Black Cleaver, Last Whisper and Youmuu's Ghostblade but as all the games are different I'm finding it hard to figure out which item is best for the Warrior Princess and under which circumstances. I may be eating face with LW one game but if I'm fed and they suck it's hard to compare that to the game with BC when I'm not fed and they know what they're doing. Could you please shed some light on these three options ie. does the active on Youmuu's synergise with her or is it overkill? Does it stack with her ult well? Is the up front Armor pen of LW better for mowing down chumps or is the over time armor reduction and higher damage of Black Cleaver the way to go?

Many Thanks,
Pseudonym

ExecutionerK

05-19-2012

Alright, first off, sorry guys, I messed up my PC setting and got to fix it for the past few days, so I am sorry for all the questions that got delayed.

@Phylaros Well, there is a normal ELO, so that if your win and lose ratio is this low, it might be possible for you to be stuck with really bad players

Try premade to increase your ELO easier.

@duhizy
It depends, there are some lane where you want to put your pressure up (such as against Veigar, as he will outscle most AP mid if don't shut down early) or some early aggressive AP mid (such as leblanc, where you want to put her health low enough so that she can't dive you for free)

@Solatoral
I prefer to build him semi-tanky, while fully go into DPS with Bloodthirster and LW.
GA, Randuin, or QSS are all really good for defensive, while Bloodthirster and LW are usually core for doing damage.

@pseudonym1510
Use BC and LW depend on the amount of armor that the enemy have
If they do not build any armor item after you get your BF sword, then you can prepare to build a BC, where it will does really good damage.

Use LW only when they start building armor/ or naturally going to have armor (such as Xerath passive, or Malphite and Rammus)

LarcyBrown

05-20-2012

eum... was my question skiped where i asked numbers on gold value decrease and increase on kills, like its after 7 deaths that someone is worth 60 gold and 20 gold on assist or something?

also that value only resets to 300 gold on a kill and not on assist gain right?

Magic Light123

05-20-2012

Do you know of any guides on Team Composition?

ExecutionerK

05-20-2012

Quote:
Larc58:
eum... was my question skiped where i asked numbers on gold value decrease and increase on kills, like its after 7 deaths that someone is worth 60 gold and 20 gold on assist or something?

also that value only resets to 300 gold on a kill and not on assist gain right?

1st kill: 300 gold 1st death: 300 gold
2nd kill: 330 gold 2nd death: 273 gold
3rd kill: 363 gold (Killing spree) 3rd death: 216 gold
4th kill: 399 gold (Rampage) 4th death: 170 gold
5th kill: 439 gold (Unstoppable) 5th death: 135 gold
6th kill: 483 gold (Dominating) 6th death: 106 gold
7th kill: 500 gold (Godlike) 7th death: 84 gold
8th kill: 500 gold (Legendary) 8th death: 66 gold
9+ kills: 600 gold (Legendary) 9th death: 52 gold

and yes, from what I know, a kill will reset it to 300, but not assist

ExecutionerK

05-20-2012

Quote:
Magic Light123:
Do you know of any guides on Team Composition?

I don't know much about team composition guides, sorry.

Amaltron

Recruiter

05-20-2012

I recently have been playing another game [which I won't mention] for a while and after coming back to League, I seem to have lost my touch with the game. I play way too passive, miscalculate all the time, lost 50% of my map awareness, and my game sense has weakened as well. Is there any suggestions to what I can do to bring myself back up?

Faielyn

05-21-2012

What do you know about Heimerdinger? For me he seems to have a strong early game and falls off on the late game. Plus with his turrets how do I handle last hitting? Do I just set down my turrets near the back to hold off minion waves if they move to close to the turret or do I use them like free non-invisible wards and try to survive without them.

ExecutionerK

05-21-2012

Quote:
Amaltron:
I recently have been playing another game [which I won't mention] for a while and after coming back to League, I seem to have lost my touch with the game. I play way too passive, miscalculate all the time, lost 50% of my map awareness, and my game sense has weakened as well. Is there any suggestions to what I can do to bring myself back up?

Play a few champions that is really aggressive early game and also need some map awareness. Such as Leblanc and Lee Sin (counter jungle)

These two champions are really good as you need to be aggressive and have the map awareness to gank to success.

ExecutionerK

05-21-2012

Quote:
Faielyn:
What do you know about Heimerdinger? For me he seems to have a strong early game and falls off on the late game. Plus with his turrets how do I handle last hitting? Do I just set down my turrets near the back to hold off minion waves if they move to close to the turret or do I use them like free non-invisible wards and try to survive without them.

Currently most of the heimers I see max out the rocket first. It provide them a really good poke with a long range, forcing the enemy champion to back off from minions.

Most of the people no longer level up the turret first. It is avoidable damage, while rocket can hit up to 5 enemies with ultimate.

None the less, the 2 turrets is still recommended before max out the grenade, that way you have a really reliable position to defend when you are under your turret, the slow is really great as well.