Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Clockworksummonr

05-11-2012

If I decided to start playing my Orianna (my main) in ranked after playing countless normals are there any basic tips I should get so I can play Orianna in solo queue and be effective or is it totally dependent on my teammates taking advantage of her utility?

Thanks to anyone who answers

ZeitKuppler

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-11-2012

How do I tell the difference between the gender of the person playing?

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cesmus View Post
Thank you for this helpful thread. I read all your posts starting from page 1.

I'm a terrible player. I just got to level 30, but I've been away from the game for nearly 1.5 years, I may as well be a newbie.

Question 1: on Vlad

I used to do ok with Vlad, but nowadays I'm just horrible. (I kept up with the nerfs and buffs so I'm not unaware). Early game I know what to do: last hit, trade harass, keep save and don't try to do too much. But starting from mid game I don't know what to do, where I should be.

If I try to push a lane, I get ganked. Pool losing that speed boost really messed up my timing. But watching game streams it seems that a lot of times Vlad can't escape anymore. Not like he used to be able to do. My damage is also winding down quite a bit from mid to late.

What is the role Vlad should be playing?

Q2: on WW.

I dont own WW as yet, but I always wanted to get him since the early days of LoL and still haven't. What is your opinion on Jungle WW, with a build based on on-hit? I'm thinking of doing that so I can reuse my AP based runes (I most play AP, and I'm so new I don't have AD runes).

MS quints, hp per level yellow, MPen reds. AP per level blues (useless on WW but I eventually plan on getting MR per level, or CDR. between the 2 which is better for general purpose?)

Build order: Cloth+pots/cloth+pots+ward. I wanted Sword for increased speed in jungle but I tried to play a custom game and I died. I think without flat armor yellows this is impossible.
Going for Madred's, then boots, then wit's end, then finish Sorc boots. Then Phage>Frozen Mallet. And then Malady and Spirit Visage.

I wanted Bloodrazor too, but I'm not sure if I'm going to get enough gold. IF I were to incorporate it, where should I put it? Before Mallet or after?

Should I put Maladay and Spirit Visage earlier (finishing with Mallet and Bloodrazor?) I read in 1 of ur posts to build WW tanky. I'm hoping wit's end and Mallet to be enough for that tanky part. But perhaps I need Visage early too? I don't want to gimp my damage.

Skill builds I read in a guide to get a point in W to start. Then max Q 1st, followed by W and E.

Thank you for helping.
1. I think your problem with Vlad is either building him too tanky, or not stacking your E passive to 4 stacks all the time

His damage on E is REALLY HIGH when you stack it to 4 stacks, keep it mind that you will need some spell vamp so that you don't kill yourself by keeping it.

Vlad should be play as solo top, sometime he can go mid depend on the enemy mid, but due to the fact that he doesn't have a strong CC, I won't recommend it.

2. As for Warwick, on-hit build is fine. Focus on getting Wit's end over malady, as it allows you to tank much more damage. SV is a good choice, and you should get some armor from either wriggle or Frozen Heart. Phage -> Frozen Mallet will be a good item for HP.

MR/lvl will be much better than CDR in general, although some people use CDR so they have less cooldown on their ultimate.

Do not worry about your damage. Warwick is mostly about how he can sustain in a fight even when he is tanking the hits, be sure that you can keep the enemy attacking you due to your slow proc (it annoy the **** out of the enemy ranged AD, support, or AP carry)

ExecutionerKen

05-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
If I decided to start playing my Orianna (my main) in ranked after playing countless normals are there any basic tips I should get so I can play Orianna in solo queue and be effective or is it totally dependent on my teammates taking advantage of her utility?

1 Thing you really need when you are playing Orianna.

A teammate with a gap closer that will jump onto enemy team.

This is really important as Orianna's ball travel relatively slow, if you put a ball onto a malphite, for example, now you have 3 seconds of strong cc, and all of your spells will perfectly land.

LarcyBrown

05-12-2012

can you remind me the rules for someone getting killed over and over again until there worth nothing like 60 gold or so?

Also someone like that gold value is reset to 300 gold only when they get a kill right so if they get assists and died again there still worth 60 or so gold only right and at the lowest value how much is someone like that worth on assists?......got a chart somewhere?....

AshKetchummmm

05-12-2012

I've visited this thread before I believe, and I like the answers I receive.

So id like a bit of elaboration on what to build and when.

As experience would be easier to understand these, but a break down of situationals would be nice.

example 1:
so im riven top with yi. Vs shaco and mundo. Teemo and volibear bottom and articuno mid. Start cloth and pots x5. At the 8 minute mark, I had 1 kill 1 assist. first shop gives me enough for boots1, vamp scepter, and some more pots. And promptly started getting my butt handed to me. Im not the greatest at last hitting, but I manage to farm well enough at times. This is where my predicament comes in, do I save for bf sword for early bloodthirster or should I commit to wrigglers instead? Maybe I should go with some chainmail for extra d? Or finish of my boots for 850 for the extra manuev and tenacity? Id there an item I can build now or soon to give myself an extra edge? Or should I save up and invest in a larger piece?

Question: what is the appropriate thing to do in each situation? And what situation calls for a certain thin.

General Sassycat

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Nashors is a bad item overall. The problem with it is that not that champion can clearly use both of the stats effectively.

Think about it, when you have AS, you want more AD. When you have more AP, you want to have even more AP.

Lastly, in order for you to use Nashors effectively, you must stay in autoattack range, which in other words, you will need to be able to stay alive in range. That also means that you cannot build as a glass cannon, aka, you will need another extra item to defend for yourself.

So in conclusion, this item that seems so good on paper, actually force you to buy a little bit of everything else, which in return makes it a bad item.
Yeah but in Orianna's case if you have AS, you want more AP because sacrificing space for AD isn't as effective. Also from what I've seen, from the nerfs to q and possible buffs to AA range (i forget if they did or not, it just seems like they have) i find that when i am within range for my spells i can AA as well without too much movement. So then the problem becomes the building defence instead of glass cannon because i built nashors. So i've always found i do substantial damage with my build, but maybe it's because people are dumb, which is why I ask about it. I usually go (not in this exact order) RoA, Deathcap, Void staff, Nashors and zhonyas, replacing Nashors with Rylais if I'm up against a team i need the slow for or if i need more health or if i can't AA kite (Udyr focusing me I'd go nashors, Talon focusing i would go rylais). Void staff i have replaced with Arcangels before, but I'm thinking replacing it with abyssals could work to (in the event the enemy team doesn't build mag res).

So yeah new question, is my build bad? I don't want the standard build from solomid.net or something, maybe an explanation, short or detailed, that explains why i should or should not have an item. Thx for the help btw. ^.^

LarcyBrown

05-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post

Orianna mid in ranked is fine BUT....the biggest problem with it that i experience doing it is...since ur orianna with ur spellshield and mov speed buff skills, if ur any good you wont get outtraded and you should be able to escape most ganks attempt.

In lower elo mid people get bored real easy at those facts so.....lvl 4 and onwards ITS VERY LIKELY that your mid opponent will go to gank other lanes, be ready to deal with that ._.

Im Too Beast4u

05-14-2012

Alright so I read through like 20 pages lol not going to read 110..
Anyway, I am in the 1400-1500 elo bracket and I think I do quite well although my champ selection is quite small.
I'd like to know more about what a near perfect Team comp consists of because I think thats where I am losing. I am very unsure how to counter pick and I just seem to pick champs I like to play or I notice we dont have a tank and I play amumu..

ExecutionerKen

05-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshKetchummmm View Post
I've visited this thread before I believe, and I like the answers I receive.

So id like a bit of elaboration on what to build and when.

As experience would be easier to understand these, but a break down of situationals would be nice.

example 1:
so im riven top with yi. Vs shaco and mundo. Teemo and volibear bottom and articuno mid. Start cloth and pots x5. At the 8 minute mark, I had 1 kill 1 assist. first shop gives me enough for boots1, vamp scepter, and some more pots. And promptly started getting my butt handed to me. Im not the greatest at last hitting, but I manage to farm well enough at times. This is where my predicament comes in, do I save for bf sword for early bloodthirster or should I commit to wrigglers instead? Maybe I should go with some chainmail for extra d? Or finish of my boots for 850 for the extra manuev and tenacity? Id there an item I can build now or soon to give myself an extra edge? Or should I save up and invest in a larger piece?

Question: what is the appropriate thing to do in each situation? And what situation calls for a certain thin.
Riven top with yi against shaco and mundo often means that most of the damage will be physical attack. So buying a wriggle OR a ninja tabi is good. You can make the decision between wriggle or bloodthirster, but if you want to build bloodthirster fast, then you probably want the ninja tabi for cheap t2 movement speed and reduce physical attack

Chain armor is really not recommended on Riven unless you are playing against early game snowballer (Aka, GAREN) Chain armor can effectively shut down a Garen, but against most other champions, you do need to get as much damage as you can, Riven is one of the few top lane that should go all out DPS build, except building a GA