Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lydia12345

05-08-2012

how do you fire off combos like

DFG, mordes e, Q, R, and then ignite.

I can do it real fast with smart casting, but once add in DFG, it slows me down.

Do you activate DFG by press 1 then click on the guy?

arcticnerd

05-08-2012

I am a moderate player who has been playing on and off sense the beta and feel I have a fair grasp of most of the concepts in the game. However the one area I seem to be having a problem with is using activatable items. I have heard that players will rebind the item slots to different keys and was wondering where you bind yours if indeed you move them? I have played around with it but haven’t found anything more comfortable then leaving them at their original locations. I end up playing a lot of support and hate trying to use items like the Locket of the Iron Solari and missing the key.

Thanks!

FFiresoul

05-08-2012

Hi Ken, first thanks for doing this thread.

My question is what are the best AD carries for solo que? 1400 to 1600 elo. I've heard Vayne, but whenever I play her I run into two problems - 1) team isn't good at initiating or protecting me in teamfights 2) she has a weak early game, and i either lose the lane badly due to lack of coordination with my support or the team surrenderes before i get farmed enough to carry.

When I play Caitlin i usually win the lane but my team doesn't know how to group and finish the game so when it gets to late game, i do so much less dps than other AD carries like graves vayne kog etc.

Is AD carry just not a good role for carrying solo que in this elo? I don't prefer it but sometimes i'm forced into playing it.

ExecutionerK

05-08-2012

Quote:
FFiresoul:
Hi Ken, first thanks for doing this thread.

My question is what are the best AD carries for solo que? 1400 to 1600 elo. I've heard Vayne, but whenever I play her I run into two problems - 1) team isn't good at initiating or protecting me in teamfights 2) she has a weak early game, and i either lose the lane badly due to lack of coordination with my support or the team surrenderes before i get farmed enough to carry.

When I play Caitlin i usually win the lane but my team doesn't know how to group and finish the game so when it gets to late game, i do so much less dps than other AD carries like graves vayne kog etc.

Is AD carry just not a good role for carrying solo que in this elo? I don't prefer it but sometimes i'm forced into playing it.

I heavily advice to play Graves, who does really good at any point of the game.

ExecutionerK

05-08-2012

Quote:
arcticnerd:
I am a moderate player who has been playing on and off sense the beta and feel I have a fair grasp of most of the concepts in the game. However the one area I seem to be having a problem with is using activatable items. I have heard that players will rebind the item slots to different keys and was wondering where you bind yours if indeed you move them? I have played around with it but haven’t found anything more comfortable then leaving them at their original locations. I end up playing a lot of support and hate trying to use items like the Locket of the Iron Solari and missing the key.

Thanks!

you can go to key bind in your opinion and change them. Be sure that you keep everything binded where you can use your index and middle finger to press them, as these two fingers tend to be the one that can reach the most keys.

ExecutionerK

05-08-2012

Quote:
Lydia12345:
how do you fire off combos like

DFG, mordes e, Q, R, and then ignite.

I can do it real fast with smart casting, but once add in DFG, it slows me down.

Do you activate DFG by press 1 then click on the guy?

I smartcast DFG as well, and yes, I do put it on 1 key.

Insípid

05-08-2012

Here's my only real issue.
Teammates whine like *****es.
Oh we are down by 10 kills b4 30mins lets just surrender...and we all late game champs.

VellaSolstice

05-08-2012

Any thoughts on how good Shyvana is as a jungler? Rather: I'm aware that she jungles well, but how much does she really contribute to the team beyond jungling and counter-jungling?

My two current jungle champions are Amumu (who I like to think I'm pretty good at) and Skarner (who I'm still learning). I like Shyvana's overall look and 'style', but feel like she might overlap a bit too much with Skarner to really be 'useful' to have (since I am not, unfortunately, made of Influence Points).

ExecutionerK

05-08-2012

Shyvana offers really quick counter jungling with high DPS and good movement speed. She is not similar to skarner, as Skarner doesn't counter jungle as much as Shyvana.

One thing that you really want to see when you pick Shyvana is that a strong CC will be needed in each lane, as you don't have any CC. Teammates with CC will work much better with Shyvana, as they can stop the enemy from escaping and allow Shyvana to do her top tier jungler output.

VellaSolstice

05-08-2012

Quote:
ExecutionerKen:
Shyvana offers really quick counter jungling with high DPS and good movement speed. She is not similar to skarner, as Skarner doesn't counter jungle as much as Shyvana.

One thing that you really want to see when you pick Shyvana is that a strong CC will be needed in each lane, as you don't have any CC. Teammates with CC will work much better with Shyvana, as they can stop the enemy from escaping and allow Shyvana to do her top tier jungler output.

Thank you.