Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
Hi executioner i'm sorry for posting so many questions in different posts but i keep thinking of them at different times.
Anyway, as i generally like to play AD carries i was just wondering what the best runes are? Im currently running AD and Armour Pen but i've heard you want to get Armour runes for the bot lane? What is your opinion on AD carry runes?
I also find that with my AD runes it gives me extra ease to last hit.
AD runes help your early game damage and last hit, while Armor pen starts shining early-mid and really useful at mid game (before you build any armor pen or armor reduction item)

You should also get armor seal, as it helps a lot against enemy ranged AD harassment.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydia12345 View Post
How do you practice last shot. I am terrible at it. i either hit too early or too late. What have you done in your career in terms of practice to improve this?
Press S if it is too early, use AD runes also helps for last hitting

If you have a lot of trouble last hitting, put in two points for creep damage on mastery, and also use AD runes, and finally, start with doran blade.

If you still have trouble last hitting, supports that helps with AD damage will also helps, such as Sona or Janna.

Richard Lazer

05-07-2012

Quote:
How do you practice last shot. I am terrible at it. i either hit too early or too late. What have you done in your career in terms of practice to improve this?
easy just go in a counston game my your self and do it
or bot games

LarcyBrown

05-07-2012

Quote:

The most common tip on that with range ad is to get AD in ur runes and time it properly but...

Here are my tips on this.

First, you need to deal with the hitting too late part, to do that you need to get 20% attck speed in ur runes and go berzerker greaves first as part of ur build, then you need pratice pratice pratice pratice.
The game is rather forgiving on that since the shot comes out quicker so you can time it right and you should be to get the cs even if the minion at 1/8-1/9 hp.
Just go with the flow on this and you should be able to improve with pratice......

So then ur done dealing with the hitting too late part, now you get ur standard range ad rune page back with 15 ad included and you should be able to witness ur improvement! you can see it MUCH BETTER now when to time it right
to make sure to last hit properly, timing it when the mob gets 1/5 or 1/4 hp easily now.

Try it, thats one way to improve a lot.

Course i hope u have access to attack speed and attack damage runes to pratice this way.

Lydia12345

05-07-2012

I have AD runes + AD mastery and I purchase dorans blade and i still suck at it haha. I tried to go to custom games and practice and I did okay according to other forum members results of CS at 10 min mark. but when there is another champion involved. oh man. Thats when it falls apart.

How many games of range ad champion has it taken you guys to get good at this?

ExecutionerKen

05-07-2012

I just learned it by playing against people in normal

I didn't practice by just playing ranged AD though, I also learned it from top and mid, as last hitting is so important in every single lane.

Duhizy

05-08-2012

had a game where we had a 20 kill lead early and after 30 min their comp being alistar,nautalist,ryze,olaf,varus got to tanky and their was no way for us to get at varus because of all their cc. I was amumu but no matter what we did the comp of vayne,kayle,udyr,amumu,ahri couldnt kill them before they caught and got us. How can i deal with a team this tanky when nautalist and ryze can just flash and cc our carries?

Ympulse

05-08-2012

So how do you counter Yorick top as Riven or Tryndamere?

ExecutionerKen

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
had a game where we had a 20 kill lead early and after 30 min their comp being alistar,nautalist,ryze,olaf,varus got to tanky and their was no way for us to get at varus because of all their cc. I was amumu but no matter what we did the comp of vayne,kayle,udyr,amumu,ahri couldnt kill them before they caught and got us. How can i deal with a team this tanky when nautalist and ryze can just flash and cc our carries?

Camp the jungle

Ward around the map and buy oracle, if you guys can catch someone, chances is that you will win.

ExecutionerKen

05-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ympulse View Post
So how do you counter Yorick top as Riven or Tryndamere?
Yorick is the god at top, however, his combo rely on using W to let his E ghoul to do all of his damage.

Good way to at least decrease Yorick's damage with Riven is to level up your E one extra level early on, so that his harass will not be as painful as you are leveling ki burst.

As for Tryndamere, you can always get rage from the ghoul, and when Yorick spells are on cooldown, his damage will be much lower than a full rage Tryndamere.