Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lethadind

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
4) How to deal with a fed Veigar as a carry, tank and support? At least one of my teammates gets caught in his stun and then he completely decimates their health...
So I'm nowhere near 1800, but as far as this question I'm pretty sure I got this. You can either, A) Encourage your teammates to get some MR, it'll disrupt their early damage output, but if Veigar is pwning faces it'll do far more good than bad in the long run, and in the short run. Or you can B) counter pick with somebody who has excellent disrupt abilities, e.g. Alistar, Soraka, Shen, even Taric, etc. If you can shut down his burst damage long enough for your ally to get out of the stun they will love you.

Meh, you'll probably get better advice from more qualified peeps, but just thought I'd throw in my two cents.

@Ken - Thank you for responding, that is absolutely and wonderfully helpful. I play fairly aggressively in early game, but I can definitely turn things up a notch. Now that I think about it, often people simply run when they should fight, and you can capitalize on this especially early game.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Posting in this amazing thread again,

1) Whenever I play AD carry, I can do everything fine except that my support says I'm too passive and not aggressive at all. The enemy AD carry is usually behind the melee minions while I ***** it out behind my caster minions. Anything I can do to better zone my opponents?

2) I tried renekton out on a friends account and the first thing I learnt is that his early and mid game are amazing, I was able to take on 2 opponents at once easily. However, as soon as their AD carry got a few kills, my ability to do anything dropped like a turd in a toilet... Is his late game really that useless and bad?

3) Opinions on Kayle and Nunu support?

4) How to deal with a fed Veigar as a carry, tank and support? At least one of my teammates gets caught in his stun and then he completely decimates their health...
1. Take a look at the small detail. Whenever your minion is at low health, it means that the enemy will try to get the last hit, that is when you should step up so that you either get a free hit on him or he will lose a minion.

2. Renekton's early game and mid game is really strong, however, his late game isn't that weak as well. The problem that I see on most Renekton players is that they don't maximize the use of his double dash effective enough, most of the time they start dashing from really far away, losing close to half of the distance that he could have easily gain by better positioning.

3. Kayle support is still not effective enough, there isn't that many ranged AD that can fully use that movement speed buff, and as for nunu support, it is best to be with some other character that scale well with attack speed, such as Kog and Vayne.

4. There are three main ways to counter Veigar, first is to kill him during early game, the other is MR, and the last one is gap closer.

A Banshee can save you from his stun, a good gap closer will force him to waste his stun or he will get kill. (such as Jax, Alistar)

Voidjames

05-04-2012

Ok thanks ExecutionerKen.
Now i was just wondering about Vayne's build. Normally i get IE first if i'm doing well, then PD then BT, with Berserker or Swift boots.
But I really am not sure about a great build for vayne.
Thanks

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
Ok thanks ExecutionerKen.
Now i was just wondering about Vayne's build. Normally i get IE first if i'm doing well, then PD then BT, with Berserker or Swift boots.
But I really am not sure about a great build for vayne.
Thanks
It also depend on the type of Vayne that you are. Generally I will build a BF sword, vampiric scepter (for lifesteal), IE, PD, then depend on the situation.

BT can be built if the enemy doesn't have much armor/ you are fed, otherwise when you get to higher ELO, you will need a LW by this point.

Nil Archive

05-05-2012

When is it appropriate to destroy the enemy turret?
Does this change from lane to lane?

I often see people keeping the turret alive in order to maintain their zoning ability, but when do you know if simply pushing the turret and warding the enemy jungle would be a better choice?

EDIT: I'm 1550 ELO.

ExecutionerK

05-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dri Fit View Post
When is it appropriate to destroy the enemy turret?
Does this change from lane to lane?

I often see people keeping the turret alive in order to maintain their zoning ability, but when do you know if simply pushing the turret and warding the enemy jungle would be a better choice?

EDIT: I'm 1550 ELO.
It depends on your champion and team comp more than anything else. For example, if you have Caitlyn who is excellent at zoning the enemy even when they are under their turret, you can keep that turret up to maintain your zone and deny their gold and xp. However, if your team can constantly go into enemy jungle and take their buff, you should take the turret down to give you guys more map control.

The only lane where I will almost push no matter what is going on is top lane. By putting a lot of pressure at top lane, you can force the enemy mid or jungler to go top, which in return your team will have an advantage on dragon.

Richard Lazer

05-06-2012

Ken who is better irelia or fiora can you give me a comparison between the two and what ability should you mac for irelia in both jungle and lane

Voidjames

05-07-2012

Hi executioner i'm sorry for posting so many questions in different posts but i keep thinking of them at different times.
Anyway, as i generally like to play AD carries i was just wondering what the best runes are? Im currently running AD and Armour Pen but i've heard you want to get Armour runes for the bot lane? What is your opinion on AD carry runes?
I also find that with my AD runes it gives me extra ease to last hit.

Lydia12345

05-07-2012

How do you practice last shot. I am terrible at it. i either hit too early or too late. What have you done in your career in terms of practice to improve this?

ExecutionerK

05-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard Lazer View Post
Ken who is better irelia or fiora can you give me a comparison between the two and what ability should you mac for irelia in both jungle and lane
I will vote for Fiora, Irelia's passive is still really good, but the fact that her early game got nerfed make it really hard for player to learn her right now.

DON'T JUNGLE WITH IRELIA. It is extremely slow and not effective.

As for fiora, there are many paths for skills, either maxing W or E should be okay.