Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarikk View Post
whats the difference between a 1700 player and a 1900 player? what did you have to improve on the most?
Mostly concept and experience, for example, the knowledge of how to dominate certain match up, or how to get the most out of each skill.

Syferfyre

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

05-03-2012

How many champions can you play good at? Currently I can only play 3-4 champions decently.

ExecutionerK

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syferfyre View Post
How many champions can you play good at? Currently I can only play 3-4 champions decently.
I main around 15 champions, but I can play really good at ~50 champions

Lethadind

05-04-2012

So here's the deal. I'm currently trying to claw my way out of low ELO that I got into by making a few bad decisions with duo-Qing with a friend. I dropped from 1350ish ELO to something embarrassingly low. I've realized that most people in this level of ELO either suck or give up or dc or quit or whatever, and realized I can capitalize on that.

I really am a decent player, certainly not 1800 ELO skilled, but better than where I'm at. I am capable of carrying, and usually do. Since recent changes in my gameplay, I usually end up with a KDR of somewhere around 2:1:2 (multiples of those, so an example would be 10/5/10), I know KDR is not everything, but it's the best stat that I can give to show I'm not full of sh...errr....full of it. Problem is, I still lose more than I'd like, and I know I'm missing some important factor that if exploited, controlled, or executed, would help me win more games.

My question is, when you find yourself in a situation similar to mine (e.g. you're generally better than most of the people you're playing with) how do you find is the best way to carry your team? Say you have 2 feeders, a generally not good player, and a "decent player" for your allies, and the enemy has about the same makeup. What do you find is the most important factor in basically taking control of the game and actually winning?

Would it be pushing towers, getting your allies as fed as possible, shutting down their more skilled players, gold advantage (baron/dragon), or something else?

Obviously map control is essential, but difficult if not impossible to do by yourself, and gets expensive if you have to buy every ward, etc.

Thanks!

Voidjames

05-04-2012

Who's the best support for vayne? Also i find when i'm playing vayne vs graves i get dominated, what can i do to minimize how badly graves dominates bot?

JedimasterDarren

05-04-2012

Thanks for helping us Executioner.

I ran my own calculations regarding effective health and optimizing MR/AR and want to see how it stacks up against your thoughts and strategy. I have determined that at

1,500 hp, 28 effective MR/AR each after their penetrations
2,000 hp, 70
2,250 hp, 87
2,500 hp 113
3,000 hp,155
3,500 hp 198

For a champ with 2,500 HP, this means I should have 113 net MR and AR. Now if the opposing team's main damage dealer has the 10% mastery and 25 pentration, that means I should have 150 MR or AR to be efficient. And of course, if their team weighs more towards one damage source, adjust accordlying. You may also want to adjust for healing as some effective HP or champ abilities that boost your stats.

At any rate, what are you thoughts about optimizing your champs effective HP?

Thanks Ken.

ExecutionerK

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lethadind View Post
So here's the deal. I'm currently trying to claw my way out of low ELO that I got into by making a few bad decisions with duo-Qing with a friend. I dropped from 1350ish ELO to something embarrassingly low. I've realized that most people in this level of ELO either suck or give up or dc or quit or whatever, and realized I can capitalize on that.

I really am a decent player, certainly not 1800 ELO skilled, but better than where I'm at. I am capable of carrying, and usually do. Since recent changes in my gameplay, I usually end up with a KDR of somewhere around 2:1:2 (multiples of those, so an example would be 10/5/10), I know KDR is not everything, but it's the best stat that I can give to show I'm not full of sh...errr....full of it. Problem is, I still lose more than I'd like, and I know I'm missing some important factor that if exploited, controlled, or executed, would help me win more games.

My question is, when you find yourself in a situation similar to mine (e.g. you're generally better than most of the people you're playing with) how do you find is the best way to carry your team? Say you have 2 feeders, a generally not good player, and a "decent player" for your allies, and the enemy has about the same makeup. What do you find is the most important factor in basically taking control of the game and actually winning?

Would it be pushing towers, getting your allies as fed as possible, shutting down their more skilled players, gold advantage (baron/dragon), or something else?

Obviously map control is essential, but difficult if not impossible to do by yourself, and gets expensive if you have to buy every ward, etc.

Thanks!
When things like this is happening, you will have to play aggressive early on. Ideally you will want to have 2 kills by 7 minutes, and immediately take command of your team. They will believe in you as your score is really good
(However, remain positive, if they make a mistake on diving the enemy, don't yell out "You are so stupid" or "Quit feeding", instead, you are tell them that "Diving a vlad is not such a good idea if you can't burst him down" or "Almost". That will reduce the amount of leavers you get by a lot)

Remain active in the chat, constantly pinging the map and indicate where the enemy jungler or mid is possibly going to. Focus on destroying one lane and put pressure onto another. Your ideal goal for mid lane will be either taken down mid turret by 9 minutes into the game, or being able to get 3 kills. Lower elo is mainly about the morale. If you are fed, the enemy will rage at 20.

Really important notes for carrying is that you should NEVER drag the game out, the faster you end it, the more you can actually use your level and gold advantage. No matter how fed you are during early game, your advantage will close down at late game, as people have their time to farm and level up. Be sure to end the game before 25 minutes or else your team's feeder will throw the game for you.

ExecutionerK

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
Who's the best support for vayne? Also i find when i'm playing vayne vs graves i get dominated, what can i do to minimize how badly graves dominates bot?
Graves is a really strong early and late game champion. There is close to no way to counter him with Vayne. However, if you can get a support such as Soraka or Alistar, it greatly reduce his buckshot's harass (If he spams it, he will run out of mana before your support run out of heals)

One thing you really need to be care of is his early buckshot. IT HURTS. Be sure that you can dodge most of the buckshot (If your support doesn't have sustain for you) or only take a few shots when it is necessary. Every single time Graves dash right in front of you will means that you should trumble sideway (sideway compare to Graves, of course) to try to dodge his buckshot. Graves' passive also means that he will have the advantage when he is trading with you. However, you are Vayne, you should focus on killing after you hit level 6, so don't worry too much til then.

ExecutionerK

05-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by JedimasterDarren View Post
Thanks for helping us Executioner.

I ran my own calculations regarding effective health and optimizing MR/AR and want to see how it stacks up against your thoughts and strategy. I have determined that at

1,500 hp, 28 effective MR/AR each after their penetrations
2,000 hp, 70
2,250 hp, 87
2,500 hp 113
3,000 hp,155
3,500 hp 198

For a champ with 2,500 HP, this means I should have 113 net MR and AR. Now if the opposing team's main damage dealer has the 10% mastery and 25 pentration, that means I should have 150 MR or AR to be efficient. And of course, if their team weighs more towards one damage source, adjust accordlying. You may also want to adjust for healing as some effective HP or champ abilities that boost your stats.

At any rate, what are you thoughts about optimizing your champs effective HP?

Thanks Ken.
Thanks for the math, but usually I don't completely follow this math.

For one reason, Heals

A person with 200 AR/MR and 2500 health might have less eHP (Effective health) compare to a person with 3000 health and 150AR/MR. However, if there is any form of sustain that he can get, each time he is regening he will get more eHP compare to the other guy.

n00boxular

05-04-2012

Posting in this amazing thread again,

1) Whenever I play AD carry, I can do everything fine except that my support says I'm too passive and not aggressive at all. The enemy AD carry is usually behind the melee minions while I ***** it out behind my caster minions. Anything I can do to better zone my opponents?

2) I tried renekton out on a friends account and the first thing I learnt is that his early and mid game are amazing, I was able to take on 2 opponents at once easily. However, as soon as their AD carry got a few kills, my ability to do anything dropped like a turd in a toilet... Is his late game really that useless and bad?

3) Opinions on Kayle and Nunu support?

4) How to deal with a fed Veigar as a carry, tank and support? At least one of my teammates gets caught in his stun and then he completely decimates their health...