Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Casmidu

05-02-2012

I play Graves, and I bot with my friend who plays Soraka. Which champions counters those two as a group, not just single champion vs single champion? Don't take "skill" into account, answer this in theory. :3 thanks.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
Ok, Jungle Jax, what build? Priority of skills?
You can use either cloth armor + pots or boot + pots.

Depend on whether you want to gank at level 2 or not, you can get E first or W first. If you want to gank at level 2, E -> Q. If you are not planning on ganking. W -> E or E -> W

Q can be leveled at level 4 so that you can gank at level 4.

As for build, aim for Wriggle first, then maybe ninja tabi or merc thread depend on the enemy team comp. Berzerker boot will not be recommended unless you are really ahead of the enemy. Phage -> Frozen Mallet is usally really good. and under really rare circumstances you can build a warmog (I only recommend building warmog if you really need it or you are really fed) then buying an atma for armor, frozen heart for armor + cdr + AS reduction aura, and FoN for MR

In some cases, if you built phage but got fed, you can skip Frozen Mallet and go straight to a Trinity force, which offers a lot more damage, but generally you want some more HP to be able to tank the damage.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

05-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casmidu View Post
I play Graves, and I bot with my friend who plays Soraka. Which champions counters those two as a group, not just single champion vs single champion? Don't take "skill" into account, answer this in theory. :3 thanks.
MF will be able to outdamage Graves in a fight with soraka, her healing reduction and passive damage stack up that Graves can rarely win.

Kog and Janna will usually beat Graves + Soraka as well. After Kog's W level up, he will completely dominate the lane, and Janna's shield is really effective at completely eliminating the damage from Graves' buckshot.

AgileAsAMonkey

05-02-2012

is it volibear viable at + 1800 ?
as a suport, top laner or jungler.

Builds on him?
i'm thinking on getting AS red (stack as with passive) HP/lvl (more sustain and more damage) yellow MR/lvl blue and MS (to help him not be kited that hard) quints.

9/21/0 right? (since he scales with hp)

i dunno about an efective item build : (

Boomfus

05-02-2012

First of all, I love this topic so much While I may be level 30, I'm not going to play ranked until I had a few champions I can play like the back of my hand. So, I'm pretty good with Renekton, and almost always get first blood. But if I'm not massively farmed/have a lot of kills, I tend to slow down with the curve, and end up dying in team fights end game. Is this just a champ problem, or should I concentrate more on farming than getting kills. Thank you in advance

ExecutionerKen

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AgileAsAMonkey View Post
is it volibear viable at + 1800 ?
as a suport, top laner or jungler.

Builds on him?
i'm thinking on getting AS red (stack as with passive) HP/lvl (more sustain and more damage) yellow MR/lvl blue and MS (to help him not be kited that hard) quints.

9/21/0 right? (since he scales with hp)

i dunno about an efective item build : (
There are some voidbear at this elo but really rare.

They are mostly top laner

As for build, I will recommend going frozen mallet (standard) or warmog (if you are fed from top lane).
Wit's end for MR and AS, Atma for armor and more AD, SV for cooldown.

ExecutionerKen

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomfus View Post
First of all, I love this topic so much While I may be level 30, I'm not going to play ranked until I had a few champions I can play like the back of my hand. So, I'm pretty good with Renekton, and almost always get first blood. But if I'm not massively farmed/have a lot of kills, I tend to slow down with the curve, and end up dying in team fights end game. Is this just a champ problem, or should I concentrate more on farming than getting kills. Thank you in advance
It is always fine to get more kills and farm less. Being able to find the balance of it is important though

For example, one kill can usually count as 15 minion kills, and in some cases, 20, as you stop the enemy from farming as well.

so add that to your creep score, if you creep score is still higher than the enemy, than you don't need to worry too much about it =D

TylerSandman

05-03-2012

I'm around 1300 ELO right now and think I can carry myself higher. I usually duo queue with a friend who plays top, and I play mid. I've been having success with Galio by pushing and ganking other lanes, and Brand. However, I'm looking to get good with other mid champs like Ahri and Twisted Fate. Basically, my question is: What are the best AP mids to carry ranked games?

Jarikk

05-03-2012

whats the difference between a 1700 player and a 1900 player? what did you have to improve on the most?

ExecutionerKen

05-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TylerSandman View Post
I'm around 1300 ELO right now and think I can carry myself higher. I usually duo queue with a friend who plays top, and I play mid. I've been having success with Galio by pushing and ganking other lanes, and Brand. However, I'm looking to get good with other mid champs like Ahri and Twisted Fate. Basically, my question is: What are the best AP mids to carry ranked games?
I will recommend Kennen and Cass, both are pretty strong at ganking and teamfight, with a strong skillset that can dominate most lane with skill shots.