Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sparrow420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Post a replay for a more specific list of suggestion =]
All i have atm is a recording from a previous game i played support, we won i think i did fairly well, the quality isn't very good but you can check it out.

http://www.twitch.tv/winbest/b/313090885

Now that i watch it this is not a good example of gameplay, ill leave the link but i want a better replay for you to see

Hellfire014

04-26-2012

Quote:
Wriggle is still "okay" to be on Shen, however, I think you should try to build a wit's end. It is really cost effective even with the increase cost.
Who said anything about a Wriggles? There's still an item that builds from a razor, though overpriced. Speaking of which, how do you feel a Shen built as a bruiser -with Bloodrazor (not rushed), Wits End, and Frozen Mallet for his passive, then resistances- do, or would something like that be too expensive and too weak in the early game?

FaerellG

04-26-2012

"Sometimes" I build Bloodrazor on Shen.

Usually, I get Wits End. Never both.

The situation in which you get Bloodrazor over Wits End:
...You don't need the MR
...and, your opponents are stacking HP to the point where 4% of their max HP is > than 42 damage.
...and, your team doesn't have someone else who can build MR or can deal consistent %hp damage (say Kogmaw or Mazahar)

Shen should be played as a bruiser. He only has 1 disruption move on a moderate cooldown so he can't be a true disruption tank like Leona, Blitz, or Alistar. Without his dash, he has nothing better to do for the next 10 seconds or so but auto attack. Make them count.

Mallet + Atma's and a Recurve are your standard build (no specific order, though I like to get phage first then some defense and recurve before finishing any big items). For MR, you should probably have Merc Treads and either FoN or Wit's End depending on situation.

HotnutQQ

04-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
"Sometimes" I build Bloodrazor on Shen.

Usually, I get Wits End. Never both.

The situation in which you get Bloodrazor over Wits End:
...You don't need the MR
...and, your opponents are stacking HP to the point where 4% of their max HP is > than 42 damage.
...and, your team doesn't have someone else who can build MR or can deal consistent %hp damage (say Kogmaw or Mazahar)

Shen should be played as a bruiser. He only has 1 disruption move on a moderate cooldown so he can't be a true disruption tank like Leona, Blitz, or Alistar. Without his dash, he has nothing better to do for the next 10 seconds or so but auto attack. Make them count.

Mallet + Atma's and a Recurve are your standard build (no specific order, though I like to get phage first then some defense and recurve before finishing any big items). For MR, you should probably have Merc Treads and either FoN or Wit's End depending on situation.
You should never build Madred's Bloodrazer on Shen. Not cost efficient and pretty useless on Shen. Going Ionic Spark + Wits End is better.

til Days of Blue

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-26-2012

Madred's bloodrazer is really not that effective on Shen. Unless you really need those %hp damage and your team cannot get any. Otherwise, getting a frozen mallet for slow, Randuin for AoE slow + AS debuff, with Abyssal scepter for more AP and MR with MR reduction aura are all better than building madred.

LarcyBrown

04-28-2012

Quote:
You did many things wrong, the first thing will be not being aggressive at level 1, you have heal and started with health crystal, GP started with boot + 3 pots. If you push your advantage, you can literally just spam everything on GP and push him out of lane.

Secondly, you bought another health crystal before you buy boot, that is actually a really bad choice. GP has a slow and a movement speed buff, you should always get boot to balance that out

Then thirdly, you do not understand the concept of "minion control" You went back with ~600 health around 6:30, that is a really bad choice. You have the chance to clear out all the minion, making GP loses more xp and gold!

The attempts on helping other lanes is good, but I suggest you to actually buy some wards, you team never have any vision on the map. ** An example will be when the enemy got dragon at 17 minutes, none of you guys know about it.

----------Big mistakes that I see in your gameplay---------

1. Spamming too much abilities on minions
You keep running out of mana due to that.

2. Never ward
I said about the reason.

3. Too much health stacking
Get some resistance before 2nd warmog

4. Too much recalling
Check your replay, you keep on recalling when it is not necessary/ bad choice.

thanks for the tips will work on all those things...funny you cant tell i got fed that game but didnt use my advance very well with this post

aphronyaa

04-28-2012

btw madreds bloodrazor % damage is nullified by a mere negatron cloak l0l
heres 1% of 4k hp

Cabadath

04-29-2012

I tend to get something like 85 to 90 cs/10 minutes when I'm in a custom alone, but when I'm in an actual game it drops by 20-30 cs. I don't think I can cs very well, and I'm not sure whether it's because of how I farm or move. I always feel heavily pressured between farming or harassing, and if I try to do one over the other I feel as if I miss good opportunities to do either one. This often leads me to getting pushed into tower, even on matchups I'm sure I can win.

How can you strike that sense of balance between not missing last hits and competently harassing your opponent? Furthermore, what should I be trying to get out of my movements in lane waiting for last hits? Sometimes I think I'm creating my own sense of pressure by clicking around to move too much.

til Days of Blue

04-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cabadath View Post
I tend to get something like 85 to 90 cs/10 minutes when I'm in a custom alone, but when I'm in an actual game it drops by 20-30 cs. I don't think I can cs very well, and I'm not sure whether it's because of how I farm or move. I always feel heavily pressured between farming or harassing, and if I try to do one over the other I feel as if I miss good opportunities to do either one. This often leads me to getting pushed into tower, even on matchups I'm sure I can win.

How can you strike that sense of balance between not missing last hits and competently harassing your opponent? Furthermore, what should I be trying to get out of my movements in lane waiting for last hits? Sometimes I think I'm creating my own sense of pressure by clicking around to move too much.
It is actually pretty normal for people to lose 20 cs compare to custom game, since you will recall in a real match and there is enemy.

I would start practicing by playing Caitlyn, who can harass and last hit really well due to her amazing autoattack range, then move lower in term of range (such as 600 range on ashe, then 550 range on graves, and 500 range on corki)

By constantly lowering the range of the champion that you are playing, you will keep adjusting the position and the sequence of last hitting and harassing. When you can master both on a 500 range champion, then you will be able to dominate with any ranged AD.

Voidjames

05-02-2012

Ok, Jungle Jax, what build? Priority of skills?