Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-18-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voidjames View Post
As Gangplank... If you have some AD runes which gives you some nice early AD, would you take Doran's Blade, Brawlers Greaves, or something else for the starting item, perhaps boots?
Usually I will go with boot or cloth armor (solo top) as boot gives me mobility, and cloth armor allow me to farm really well and trade shot with enemy.

ExecutionerKen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-20-2012

easy bump

Duhizy

04-20-2012

today i played a match as vayne was i was able to get fed in lane vs a kog and had 9 kills and 300 cs at 40 min. Needless to say the kog was still able to get enough farm to become a threat late game and the only way to win was to kill the kog basically. This is were we had trouble, the solo q comp was vayne,olaf,GP, janna, and issue with this comp was the enemy had a jungle alistar as their tank and no matter what we did we couldn't get the kog, so, as vayne i decide that its not safe to tumble in a go for kog because the second i did i would be faced with alistars cc and die instantly meaning the gg because they cant deal with kog without me.

after all the nagging done by my team saying to focus kog(unsafe) i decided to be a bit more aggressive and after 20 min of getting two hits on kog and condeming alistar away when he tried to get me the end result was FINALLY me getting headbutt pulved into a lee sin q resulting in my first death of the game and the loss. In the teamfights before, the second i noticed the chance, i was able to dodge ali and simultaneously kill their two carries but only because i managed to condemn him into a wall and ult tumble my way to insta kill kog and their ap carry.

i didnt help that when ever malz ulted, ali would stop it, but how does a carry deal with a situation like this?as ad, i usually focus the closes target until i find the chance to safely go for that carry but in a situation were ur ap literally does no damage and its up to u to do the damage and get the carries, how do u manage this

ExecutionerKen

04-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
today i played a match as vayne was i was able to get fed in lane vs a kog and had 9 kills and 300 cs at 40 min. Needless to say the kog was still able to get enough farm to become a threat late game and the only way to win was to kill the kog basically. This is were we had trouble, the solo q comp was vayne,olaf,GP, janna, and issue with this comp was the enemy had a jungle alistar as their tank and no matter what we did we couldn't get the kog, so, as vayne i decide that its not safe to tumble in a go for kog because the second i did i would be faced with alistars cc and die instantly meaning the gg because they cant deal with kog without me.

after all the nagging done by my team saying to focus kog(unsafe) i decided to be a bit more aggressive and after 20 min of getting two hits on kog and condeming alistar away when he tried to get me the end result was FINALLY me getting headbutt pulved into a lee sin q resulting in my first death of the game and the loss. In the teamfights before, the second i noticed the chance, i was able to dodge ali and simultaneously kill their two carries but only because i managed to condemn him into a wall and ult tumble my way to insta kill kog and their ap carry.

i didnt help that when ever malz ulted, ali would stop it, but how does a carry deal with a situation like this?as ad, i usually focus the closes target until i find the chance to safely go for that carry but in a situation were ur ap literally does no damage and its up to u to do the damage and get the carries, how do u manage this
You were right that you shouldn't be rushing toward kog, however, with GP and Olaf on your team, there shouldn't be too much problem for them to get to kog, while Janna is protecting you.

Needless to say though, the team comp itself is a problem. You guys don't have any good cc that can be used to catch kog but malzahar's ult (which is usually completely useless late game) Which means that the team comp itself is a problem.

In the end, the only thing you could have done was picking the Lee sin off as fast as you can, then proceed to kill kog if possible, otherwise, keep falling back and do your output.

Duhizy

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
You were right that you shouldn't be rushing toward kog, however, with GP and Olaf on your team, there shouldn't be too much problem for them to get to kog, while Janna is protecting you.

Needless to say though, the team comp itself is a problem. You guys don't have any good cc that can be used to catch kog but malzahar's ult (which is usually completely useless late game) Which means that the team comp itself is a problem.

In the end, the only thing you could have done was picking the Lee sin off as fast as you can, then proceed to kill kog if possible, otherwise, keep falling back and do your output.
what was happening was that gp and olaf would rush kog while janna protected me and malz in the back but the problem was that lee stayed with kog and stopped his death leaving 2 guys against 4 because their ali would walk past gp and olaf and deny use anything leaving them both dead before we could push ali away who would then just walk back to his team and get healed by their soraka( double support meta op).

i somehow managed to solo q against a 5 man premade so i realize they would be better coordinated but then how does any ad carry deal with alistar jungle? unlimited mana and the tankiest champ in the game from all the successful ganks not to mention 40% cdr :S

ExecutionerKen

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
what was happening was that gp and olaf would rush kog while janna protected me and malz in the back but the problem was that lee stayed with kog and stopped his death leaving 2 guys against 4 because their ali would walk past gp and olaf and deny use anything leaving them both dead before we could push ali away who would then just walk back to his team and get healed by their soraka( double support meta op).

i somehow managed to solo q against a 5 man premade so i realize they would be better coordinated but then how does any ad carry deal with alistar jungle? unlimited mana and the tankiest champ in the game from all the successful ganks not to mention 40% cdr :S
Alistar is not that great in the jungle, not to mention that he usually doesn't have enough money to get his items up unless he is really fed

Keep in mind that if Alistar wants to go fast in jungle, he must use his Q for damage, which in other words meaning that your jungler should be able to easily pull off some awesome damage on him while it is on CDR.

The other thing is that I don't think you solo Q into a 5 man premade, it is possible to be a 4 men premade but I had never seen a 5 man premade against solo Q.

Finally, Lee sin's cover shouldn't be enough to stop Olaf and GP, the fact that Olaf's ultimate allow him to ignore all CC means that he should still be able to get to Kog, while GP might be having some trouble but orange should help. The real problem was the malzahar pick, which is directly countered by Alistar.

Duhizy

04-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Alistar is not that great in the jungle, not to mention that he usually doesn't have enough money to get his items up unless he is really fed

Keep in mind that if Alistar wants to go fast in jungle, he must use his Q for damage, which in other words meaning that your jungler should be able to easily pull off some awesome damage on him while it is on CDR.

The other thing is that I don't think you solo Q into a 5 man premade, it is possible to be a 4 men premade but I had never seen a 5 man premade against solo Q.

Finally, Lee sin's cover shouldn't be enough to stop Olaf and GP, the fact that Olaf's ultimate allow him to ignore all CC means that he should still be able to get to Kog, while GP might be having some trouble but orange should help. The real problem was the malzahar pick, which is directly countered by Alistar.
so BASICALLY what ur say is... play bad = lose then play good=lose then better comp+play worse=win? then better comp+play better= garenteed win?

LarcyBrown

04-21-2012

dude we need a replay in a case like this.........lol replay use it.....

LarcyBrown

04-23-2012

eum remind me if Miss fortunes double shot proc sheen effect or no?

EDIT: nvm found info on wikia and yeah it does.....i know most people would be like its no good work on farming and get ur crit chance higher faster.But when im even a little bit behind and the enemy is ahead and stacks armor, i cant be only farming when team fights are imminent and the support isnt warding...im considering my options to do good damage on games like that ._.

speaking of which.......compare the pre 25 min damage on MF with.............black cleaver and sheen and infinity edge and zeal if you can and with or without crits

LarcyBrown

04-23-2012

is this tread dead? ok so my build aint all that but seriously i feel like i coulda done way otherwise to win this here game, volibear is op but that late game i kinda mess up i think
Explain a few things that went majorly wonrg? cause yeah other then ward control being low and fed corki i feel like i coulda done so much more this game but dunno how heh so advice please

http://www.leaguereplays.com/replays/match/379183/