Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Amaltron

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Ranged ad wise, MF will be the best against Caitlyn if you are going to play agressive with a support such as taric. (aside from kog)

However, the best counter to Caitlyn will be putting a bruiser at bottom lane. Pantheon, Malphite, and Lee sin can beat most ranged ad + support bottom.
Yeah, I've faced a couple of double bruiser bot lanes and it's been pretty painful. Is there a counter to double bruiser bot lane?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amaltron View Post
Yeah, I've faced a couple of double bruiser bot lanes and it's been pretty painful. Is there a counter to double bruiser bot lane?
As Chauster said, the double bruiser bot is pretty much the best counter to all ranged AD + support

On the other hand...if you play a really strong aggressive (or poke) bot lane against them.... =D

Amaltron

04-17-2012

Yep. I've read Chauster's ama thread and understand the strength of it.

I just feel like it is possible to win vs. a double bruiser bot lane like Panth/Leona somehow with the AD + support meta. SOMEHOW I KNOW ITS POSSIBLE!

DMPuffy

04-17-2012

I play a lot of Draft, and I have noticed when ever I pick Kennen, someone picks Vladimir to try and counter him. I have never actually lost to a Vladimir as Kennen (fairly new at Kennen too), and everyone I ask seems to think that he's some kind of counter.

Have I just been getting bad Vladimirs, is Vladimir being a counter to Kennen more of a "Vladimir can survive Kennen" type of thing, or is he just simply not a counter at all?

n00boxular

04-17-2012

Thank's for the ans to my last question about renekton and irelia, my next question is, what is your opinion on skarner when compared to other tanks? Also, would Zeke's Herald be a good item on skarner early-mid game?

Also, when I play udyr, I almost always jungle (otherwise solotop). I usually build Merc treads> heart of gold> Wit's end, at this point my problem is that I have no armor and no health. If I finish my randuin's, the health is not large enough for me to go against other junglers like olaf and lee sin in teamfights. Should I get a phage, giant's belt (or full health items like frozen mallet or warmogs) before getting armour?

Duhizy

04-17-2012

people keep telling me that when i play as an ad carry bot at my level that having a support doesnt matter and if i need one than it says that i need to get better at ad. In most cases the main ad's i play revolve around the fact that of me getting fed early and making them surrender or just carrying, you told me this yourself as a tip but even before that my main solo q ad's were sivir,cait,corki, vayne( because i can outplay them ) and with those ad's its true that a support isnt necessary bot lane.

HOWEVER, the fact remains that if my enemy has a good support while i have say some random champ bot, i usually end up getting little if any kills and just doing by best to cs and in some cases get zoned out by a caitlyn taric lane that i cant do anything about it. Does this mean that im doing something wrong and need to change something or is it natural that i wouldn't be ble to do much in a situation like this.

DMPuffy

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post
people keep telling me that when i play as an ad carry bot at my level that having a support doesnt matter and if i need one than it says that i need to get better at ad. In most cases the main ad's i play revolve around the fact that of me getting fed early and making them surrender or just carrying, you told me this yourself as a tip but even before that my main solo q ad's were sivir,cait,corki, vayne( because i can outplay them ) and with those ad's its true that a support isnt necessary bot lane.

HOWEVER, the fact remains that if my enemy has a good support while i have say some random champ bot, i usually end up getting little if any kills and just doing by best to cs and in some cases get zoned out by a caitlyn taric lane that i cant do anything about it. Does this mean that im doing something wrong and need to change something or is it natural that i wouldn't be ble to do much in a situation like this.
The support is the guy that allows the AD carry to get kills, and prevents the enemy from getting kills and CS. The AD carry might be doing the damage, but the support sets up every single kill and harasses the enemies. Support is as important as AD carry, and you can't remove either of them from the equation. You could run a kill lane with someone like Pantheon and have it work, but it just doesn't work as well.

ExecutionerK

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyForNothin View Post
I play a lot of Draft, and I have noticed when ever I pick Kennen, someone picks Vladimir to try and counter him. I have never actually lost to a Vladimir as Kennen (fairly new at Kennen too), and everyone I ask seems to think that he's some kind of counter.

Have I just been getting bad Vladimirs, is Vladimir being a counter to Kennen more of a "Vladimir can survive Kennen" type of thing, or is he just simply not a counter at all?
Vlad is not Kennen's counter.
There are few kennen counter, I think Soraka is one of the best =]

ExecutionerK

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by n00boxular View Post
Thank's for the ans to my last question about renekton and irelia, my next question is, what is your opinion on skarner when compared to other tanks? Also, would Zeke's Herald be a good item on skarner early-mid game?

Also, when I play udyr, I almost always jungle (otherwise solotop). I usually build Merc treads> heart of gold> Wit's end, at this point my problem is that I have no armor and no health. If I finish my randuin's, the health is not large enough for me to go against other junglers like olaf and lee sin in teamfights. Should I get a phage, giant's belt (or full health items like frozen mallet or warmogs) before getting armour?
Zeke's is rather bad on Skarner, as it delays item that can benefit you more, and this item should be built on aura support

As for Udyr's health problem, it really on the enemy. If they don't have health scaling attack, then getting some more health can be awesome, but otherwise, Udyr can tend to stack a lot of resist before worrying about health, as good use of his turtle shield will increase his eHP by a lot.

ExecutionerK

04-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by duhizy View Post

Match up problem. You just don't know how to adjust depend on each match up D=