Purple Disadvantage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

gankas kon

01-11-2012

Go play an rts game. I don't care what. Wc3, rise of nations, any total war game. It will break you of locked camera and teach you how to move your screen quickly and accurately.

I can honestly say I have never died die to the time it takes to move my screen because it is almost instant

yagis

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by *****minator View Post
Go play an rts game. I don't care what. Wc3, rise of nations, any total war game. It will break you of locked camera and teach you how to move your screen quickly and accurately.

I can honestly say I have never died die to the time it takes to move my screen because it is almost instant
I played Starcraft 2 for a few months before starting playing LoL. I'm not sure if it's an exception rather than the rule, but in SCII, you use your control groups to move the camera, not the mouse. As a result, when I got to LoL, I was effectively equally inexperienced with locked and unlocked.

On another note, I play locked because for some reason my eyes hurt when they try and focus on an unlocked camera. I don't know why it is, since SCII never does anything like that, but they do.

With that in mind, the suggestion of reducing blue turret damage is ridiculous, since that just breaks the game for all the players better than me who can play on unlocked. However, a "purple lock" might be a good idea. That is, when you're playing as purple, you can lock your camera to where your champion is slightly upwards of center. That eliminates the vision disadvantage, and doesn't impact higher levels of play where it's all unlocked.

202halffound

01-11-2012

Or we could rotate the entire map 45 degrees, so that blue goes right and purple goes left, and the river cuts vertically in the middle.