Purple Disadvantage?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mistress Melly

01-09-2012

you should learn to play with cam unlocked at all times. i know its very hard at first, you got no idea how hard it was for me and how much i died cuz of cam going crazy lol but when u get the hang of it ull realise that u were really stupid and that you can do so much better with it unlocked (=

NoOneIsHome1337

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

i cant stand using my mouse on anything but the lowest sensitity so i set camera lock to Mouse 3 and its the best thing ive ever done because i can zoom aroung on the map and then snap it back with out moving my other hand, also lose about 60% of my top-down games (as purple) so i think there is some link in there somewhrere

Marsvoltian

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-10-2012

i do believe Purple has an advantage in that top can ward River and Tribush is not a ganking option and Blue has the advantage in Bot lane being able to take Golems. But this is a downright ludicrous thread.

Tarogato

01-10-2012

I personally can't understand how people play with unlocked camera. I can't overcome its major disadvantages:

1. Constantly using the mouse to adjust the camera - you're always having to move the same tool you use for clutch decisions on where to move, attack, or cast... AWAY from the center of the screen, where most of the action is. Unless you're hitting spacebar, in which case you're basically just going back to the locked camera position.

2. You lose sense of perception if your champion isn't always in the same place on the screen. It's harder to remember exactly what distance 1,000 units is.

3. You can easily get ganked from a place off camera. I've seen so many big streamers online say "Oh, sht... " and have to flash away or die because they centered their camera in the middle of the lane instead of on their champion, they didn't see somebody coming up behind them because "behind" was only a few pixels from the edge of where they could see. Or ... they centered their camera on a potential gank while walking toward it, and their champion hit an enemy in a bush while they weren't watching. That's an enormous loss of reaction time and usually very detrimental.

Contrarily, locked camera, as long as your resolution is appropriate, lets you see equally around your champion so you don't get snuck up on. You always have the same depth perception, and you can always keep your cursor right where it should be at all times. I play locked about 90% of the time that I am playing the game and I'm at a .53 win ratio now. That's about 25 wins above even so I don't think it makes me a bad player and I like to think I have pretty darned good map awareness.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
For those playing with unlocked camera... why? I'm just curious why it's better for you.

Disclaimer: Yes, I usually do unlock the camera for champions like Ez, who are centered around blinking.

Lepka

01-10-2012

Why would they nerf towers when you could just not be a noob and unlock your camera

Reathien

01-10-2012

Unlocking the camera gives you a larger potential for avoiding danger, why? Simple.
Being able to move the camera freely allows you to see more for the field, where a locked camera hides alot of it.
Aswell, playing with an unlocked camera allows for better awareness of the map, if people are having trouble you can scroll there quickly to see whats happening, and then hit spoacebar to return to where you are quickly.
I'd also like to point out that locking your camera has less benefits than unlocking, if your simply not good at it, then get better at it, and you'll find its alot easier than staying stuck on your champion all the time.

MrSlipperHat

01-11-2012

I play with a locked camera, if I need to look around I just click and hold on the mini-map. You don't have to play unlocked. Its just preference. You just have to make the gui as small as you can without making it impossible to click on things, and go from there.

Paragons

01-11-2012

Considering that both locked and unlocked are useful;it's better to just set the toggle to an easy key to press, such as space bar; so that you you easily use both.

Eviant

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarogato View Post
I personally can't understand how people play with unlocked camera. I can't overcome its major disadvantages:

1. Constantly using the mouse to adjust the camera - you're always having to move the same tool you use for clutch decisions on where to move, attack, or cast... AWAY from the center of the screen, where most of the action is. Unless you're hitting spacebar, in which case you're basically just going back to the locked camera position.

2. You lose sense of perception if your champion isn't always in the same place on the screen. It's harder to remember exactly what distance 1,000 units is.

3. You can easily get ganked from a place off camera. I've seen so many big streamers online say "Oh, sht... " and have to flash away or die because they centered their camera in the middle of the lane instead of on their champion, they didn't see somebody coming up behind them because "behind" was only a few pixels from the edge of where they could see. Or ... they centered their camera on a potential gank while walking toward it, and their champion hit an enemy in a bush while they weren't watching. That's an enormous loss of reaction time and usually very detrimental.

Contrarily, locked camera, as long as your resolution is appropriate, lets you see equally around your champion so you don't get snuck up on. You always have the same depth perception, and you can always keep your cursor right where it should be at all times. I play locked about 90% of the time that I am playing the game and I'm at a .53 win ratio now. That's about 25 wins above even so I don't think it makes me a bad player and I like to think I have pretty darned good map awareness.
_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _ _
For those playing with unlocked camera... why? I'm just curious why it's better for you.

Disclaimer: Yes, I usually do unlock the camera for champions like Ez, who are centered around blinking.
Trying to keep track of people that need to be tracked, Such as Akali, or Vayne is one reason I keep it unlocked. Another is, if I'm approaching a team fight, or skirting the outside of a team fight, then I want my camera centered on the fight, so that I know where Most, if not all of the participants are at.

As for my mouse, because I use it as my movement, it's always near my character. If I need to move the screen, my cursor whips over to the side and back in .5 seconds.

Tarogato

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eviant View Post
As for my mouse, because I use it as my movement, it's always near my character. If I need to move the screen, my cursor whips over to the side and back in .5 seconds.
I just find it to be wasted movement and is reduces my cursor accuracy when I'm whipping back and forth.

Quote:
Another is, if I'm approaching a team fight, or skirting the outside of a team fight, then I want my camera centered on the fight,
Yeah, I usually do this when I'm not in the thick of a fight also. I've been caught off guard by assassin's while not watching my character (it's a bad idea to get caught as Anivia... ), which is the downside to unlocking and panning to the fight, but I do it anyway.

I suppose it just really comes down to preference, doesn't seem like either way is inherently better. xD