For the love of God get rid of the 20 minute wait period befor you can surrender

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Veloxis Darkwind

01-09-2012

I'm so tired of games starting with 1 or 2 people never connecting or dc'ing right away. Why do we have to wait 20 minutes to surrender. Get rid of the wait period so people don't have to suffer 20 minutes of boredom to play the stupid game again and hope that for once the team actually doesn't DC

SwiftC3

01-09-2012

i'd be ok with a 15 min marker, but in all actuality, the surrender button is just a nuisance for me. I've won plenty of games 4v5 (us 4) I find that most people just give up around the 12 minute mark if they aren't snowballing in kills. I've been in a games where some one will say who fed X champion (at 15 mins) and that x champ has 3 kills and little less than avg CS. People would just rather quit instead of let the game play out and win. Carries can't carry a team that doesn't attempt to play.

As a side note, I've been in games where I got caught a few times and died like 5 times, after a while, there were team fights that we were losing, I made it a point to stay out of them so i didn't feed, but I kept going for lanes that were getting pushed cleaning up the waves, clearing the jungles, continuously, by the time I got into the fights I had over 250 CS and every team fight was over with-in a few seconds and we were winning them everytime.

Lilg54321

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

I agree with switft on the 15min marker because sometimes you just cannot get on your game for that day. What I mean by that is like when you have a bad game or it's the very rare 5v1 battle [me 1] when the team d/c. Though sometimes I do win that 5v1 battle but usually if I feel that the player that went afk/dc would have made us win I usually result to the dreadful task of reporting.

Falanin

01-09-2012

Perhaps 5 minutes off the surrender requirement for each currently disconnected player?

OR

Count each second until allowable surrender as 1 extra second per missing player? (e.g. you have a player on your team dc for 3 minutes. Those 3 minutes count as 6 minutes toward the 20 that you need to surrender)

Veloxis Darkwind

01-09-2012

Well if you have a team who agrees they don't want to play 5v3 then there is no reason to make them suffer because some people would not want to. If you don't want to surrender then you don't have to, but if you want to, than you should be able to.

The 20 min wait desperately needs to go