Why YOUR in elo hell

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borgnator

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

What most people's problem is in "ELO hell" is the same problem I had. You may of been better than a lot of the trash in elo hell, but your not yet at your best. Your not giving your team every possible advantage with your champion yet because you still have a lot to learn before this game becomes second nature. That's what I found out ELO hell is all about. You have to be able not only to perform well for yourself, but do anything that's best for the team, and lead that team if necessary. You have to train yourself to brush off the most hardcore of trolls calling you the worst insults you can imagine and continue to try and be a good example for your team.

This game is getting pretty widespread, and I think it may be fair to say this game is like any other sport. To perform at your best you need to be in good mental and physical condition, and diet, amount of sleep, and discipline are all important to play a game that demands such awareness, tactics, patience, and skill. You like myself and many others sought to eagerly to join the ranks of other well known summoners such as HotShot, but look, he's played a **** ton more and look where it got him. Keep in mind Hotshot does have his bad days such as the latest tournament game he was in. If your head isn't in the game, your just going to fail.
Yeah the tribunal is helping get rid of verbal abuse and trolls. But there are many more out there, and as soon as they tower dive 2v1 and die then cry for why the support didn't save him, you have the workings of a troll. Regardless you need to learn to do what you can for the team with this problem in the way, and refuse to give into anger because most will never listen to an angry command. But they may follow a respectful request! If the troll won't shut up then just ask your team to /ignore and move on. Really, it works wonders on stress level to ignore a troll. I've come back from many games just by ignoring trolls.

-tldr version!
You and I have POTENTIAL, but you and I still suck, you need to play more GAMMEZ in normal draft before moving onto ranked. And you need to lead a team if needed, ignore trolls, and be a good example. It took Hotshot a lot more than the 300 or so games I've played to get as good as he is.

Jesus Jon

01-09-2012

... Wait, so this box of Cadbury Flake bars next to my computer won't help my game or my health? DAMMIT.

On a serious note though, being able to decently play most roles helps - but I've noticed that the mentality factors into the outcome a lot more than whether or not you can play a role well or not.

When I used to get angry (which I seem to have reverted back to doing recently) I played much worse than when I made sure I kept a level head and dismissed all the trolls. I personally blame my return to this behavior on taking the game more seriously than I should, and having played more with an IRL friend that still whines a lot when his team isn't doing well.

I mean, even though the guy's really an excellent player, saying things like "Reported and ignored bk" (bad kid) to anyone who retorts to his remarks really does nothing to help team play. It's even worse if the person he's getting at is a total bonehead and it all ends up being a big flame war the whole game (which is often the case) - but I've noticed even he's gotten better. I mean, I recently found out his accounts been suspended numerous times so far, and I kept on wanting to say "Gee, I wonder why?" until I noticed his behavior was an improvement over what it once was.

The factors that really determine a game seem to be your mentality (65%), actual ability (40%) and probably your physical condition (5% - I've had some amazing games even when I was home coughing my lungs out from being sick).

Ever notice how a lot of professional athletes seem to have this ridiculously confident and cocky demeanor? As much as I hate that, a level of confidence is required to actually reach your full potential in whatever it is that you're doing. Trolls don't help this. Losing doesn't help this. All you can do is encourage yourself onward and pay attention to what it is you're doing. Don't second-guess yourself because of some ******* troll, but also don't ever blatantly defend poor-decision making, such as that quadra-kill you just baited in the enemy jungle while your carry sat on the other side of the map farming and saying "b."

If the enemy team is ahead in kills and CS, don't lead the charge in a potential 4v5 situation, but if everyone not already occupied is following you into that situation, then they're doing something right. The problem with LoL is that the good players follow their teammates instructions to a T. The bad players ignore their teammates or only follow those instructions some of the time. Last, the inexperienced players or purposeful trolls don't give good instructions and make poor decisions. In order for a team to play well, you need to assume that your teammate has something planned, and knows what they're doing 110% of the time, and that you should trust their judgment no matter how bad you think it is.

Support your teammates, support yourself, win the game.

Imrathelm

01-09-2012

It should say you're, not your.. Btw

BabeeCakez

01-09-2012

The only thing I learned about your post is that you need to learn to differentiate "your" from "you're".

Epsilon2012

01-09-2012

I'm level 30 and unranked...
-ELO Hell is your fault...don't play if you suck...

Saul

01-09-2012

That makes completely no sense... The ONLY reason I am in elo hell is because I have been in 4v5 matches 8 games straight. Im talking about level 1 trolls sitting at the platform 20 minutes in. Thats why I dropped from 1500 to 900's in less that two days work.

Kazfiel

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borgnator View Post
What most people's problem is in "ELO hell" is the same problem I had. You may of been better than a lot of the trash in elo hell, but your not yet at your best. Your not giving your team every possible advantage with your champion yet because you still have a lot to learn before this game becomes second nature. That's what I found out ELO hell is all about. You have to be able not only to perform well for yourself, but do anything that's best for the team, and lead that team if necessary. You have to train yourself to brush off the most hardcore of trolls calling you the worst insults you can imagine and continue to try and be a good example for your team.

This game is getting pretty widespread, and I think it may be fair to say this game is like any other sport. To perform at your best you need to be in good mental and physical condition, and diet, amount of sleep, and discipline are all important to play a game that demands such awareness, tactics, patience, and skill. You like myself and many others sought to eagerly to join the ranks of other well known summoners such as HotShot, but look, he's played a **** ton more and look where it got him. Keep in mind Hotshot does have his bad days such as the latest tournament game he was in. If your head isn't in the game, your just going to fail.
Yeah the tribunal is helping get rid of verbal abuse and trolls. But there are many more out there, and as soon as they tower dive 2v1 and die then cry for why the support didn't save him, you have the workings of a troll. Regardless you need to learn to do what you can for the team with this problem in the way, and refuse to give into anger because most will never listen to an angry command. But they may follow a respectful request! If the troll won't shut up then just ask your team to /ignore and move on. Really, it works wonders on stress level to ignore a troll. I've come back from many games just by ignoring trolls.

-tldr version!
You and I have POTENTIAL, but you and I still suck, you need to play more GAMMEZ in normal draft before moving onto ranked. And you need to lead a team if needed, ignore trolls, and be a good example. It took Hotshot a lot more than the 300 or so games I've played to get as good as he is.
Tbh. I stopped reading at may of been.

Also, you're in elo hell because of your horrible grammar/spelling.

See, that's how you use your and you're.

CrimsonCore

01-09-2012

Lol perfect example of when to start ignoring the trolls, on that your you're ****. The important thing is that you understand his point, not that the words or grammar is perfect. Give me a break.

@OP (and that other guy with his head on straight) True man, I'll see what I can learn from this, and I wish u luck.

TexasDeviant

01-10-2012

Quote:
The factors that really determine a game seem to be your mentality (65%), actual ability (40%) and probably your physical condition (5% - I've had some amazing games even when I was home coughing my lungs out from being sick).
Dang it all. I only have 100% to give to the situation : (

Regardless, good post.

S1D3FX

01-10-2012

Because you can't spell "you're"