What are Yorick's counters? And what can Yorick do to counter the counters?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Silver One

03-06-2012

I just figured this out with Lee Sin. get your shield up early an max your E, he can minion block your q easily...if you do that you can out sustain his mana and kill him pretty easily early on as lee

Entrox Licher

03-13-2012

if you want to counter trundle as yorrick your best bet is to switch lanes. Did you know that his passive works on ghoul deaths? There is very very small chance of yorick beating a trundle

wtosh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-02-2012

Seju can also counter yorick

Thesalos

06-25-2012

I am probably going to get the "eat **** and die" look from most people in the forums for this,but...
Evelynn actually surprisingly counters Yorick. Yes,I didn't Studder...the one and only underpowered useless Champion you probably haven't seen since release...EVELYNN.
I've been maining Yorick for the past 6months now,and I would have to say I'm a very very good Yorick,we all have our matches that just go wrong for some reason,and I don't know if this was one of them.,but I had a lane against an Evelynn actually about 5hours ago and was owned.
Her passive "Non-nuetral minions deal 50% less damage to Evelynn" That one passive she has that people complain and rage about makes her a great jungler as well as a Yorick Counter.
ALL of your spells damage out put is cut down in half (besides ur ultimate since its like a lablanc,or Mordekaiser Ulti,and is treated as another champion).You do 1,000dmg thats GREAT,but you only do 500to evelynn,TROLOLOLOL.
--Now a good Evelynn will Rock a yorick,may not be godly but she will win,and I must say this was a very good Evelynn. Not to mention all the CC she carries and Armor,and Magic Reduction she carries
Yoricks Armor is around 23,and Magic Resist is around 35 at lvl 1,evelynn and cut that down to half,take 50% less damage,turn invisible,as well as output alot of damage.
--Yes,one of the hardest champions in the game to counter,is countered by a champion that can only counter one champion,and sadly Evelynn does every well against him,if she is GOOD. which there arnt many to be truthful,and this is coming from a person who wins 85% of his yorick matches and has been maining him for around 6months now,and I feel I need to go shoot myself for saying any of this ****,because its evelynn for god sakes.... DX

RagingDonger

06-25-2012

Why Nasus? CHogath..., yea! Mao and trundle, I suppose. But Nasus?

RagingDonger

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thesalos View Post
I am probably going to get the "eat **** and die" look from most people in the forums for this,but...
Evelynn actually surprisingly counters Yorick. Yes,I didn't Studder...the one and only underpowered useless Champion you probably haven't seen since release...EVELYNN.
I've been maining Yorick for the past 6months now,and I would have to say I'm a very very good Yorick,we all have our matches that just go wrong for some reason,and I don't know if this was one of them.,but I had a lane against an Evelynn actually about 5hours ago and was owned.
Her passive "Non-nuetral minions deal 50% less damage to Evelynn" That one passive she has that people complain and rage about makes her a great jungler as well as a Yorick Counter.
ALL of your spells damage out put is cut down in half (besides ur ultimate since its like a lablanc,or Mordekaiser Ulti,and is treated as another champion).You do 1,000dmg thats GREAT,but you only do 500to evelynn,TROLOLOLOL.
--Now a good Evelynn will Rock a yorick,may not be godly but she will win,and I must say this was a very good Evelynn. Not to mention all the CC she carries and Armor,and Magic Reduction she carries
Yoricks Armor is around 23,and Magic Resist is around 35 at lvl 1,evelynn and cut that down to half,take 50% less damage,turn invisible,as well as output alot of damage.
--Yes,one of the hardest champions in the game to counter,is countered by a champion that can only counter one champion,and sadly Evelynn does every well against him,if she is GOOD. which there arnt many to be truthful,and this is coming from a person who wins 85% of his yorick matches and has been maining him for around 6months now,and I feel I need to go shoot myself for saying any of this ****,because its evelynn for god sakes.... DX
Evelyn's passive is useless in the jungle, but it being effective vs yorick seems to be an interesting point. But yorick should still own her since she's melee range for trades.

Devious Rogue

06-25-2012

Heimer, maybe. He lacks sustain, but pretty much no-one can stop him from farming... although he tends to mid because of how squishy he is and how easy it would be to gank him if he were top. Poke him a few times and tell your Jungler to pick up free kills when he pushes you back far enough.

LeBlanc. She has a pretty mean burst at level 3 and she might be able to 1-shot you at level 6. Kite and push to deny her farm since LeBlancs are bad at hitting under the tower. Stay out of range so she can't easily close and burst you.

Fozza

01-30-2013

I can understand how Yorick would counter Garen's passive, however, wouldn't every trade-off between a Garen and a Yorick go in Garen's favour? Assuming Garen charges in from brush at top lane with a Q-E combo, the silence stops Yorick from dealing much more than maybe one ghoul (as garen is charging in), and a few auto attacks, additionally, after Q'ing and spinning,on your way back into the brush/safe zone, using your W against any Yorick zombies he tries to return seems logical.

I think Yorick/Garen top would be an aggressive lane war rather than a sustain war, since in every exchange logically I think garen would have the silence be his best upper-hand. IMO