What stops Volibear from being overpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bb020374 View Post
Bloord razor on your AD carry makes volibear useless
What about a volibear with merc treads, spirit visage, warmog, banshee, heal and flash? That chomp is still gonna get to ya in proper team fights. And 5+ auto attacks backed by extra ult damage.

ViashinoWizard

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtpoor View Post
What about a volibear with merc treads, spirit visage, warmog, banshee, heal and flash? That chomp is still gonna get to ya in proper team fights. And 5+ auto attacks backed by extra ult damage.
We just got through explaining why this isn't the case. The thing about ranged AD carries is that (assuming they properly position), they deal damage from range. Range that Volibear can't close effectively because any stun or moderately powerful slow shuts down his gap closer and prevent him from sticking to someone long enough to deal significant damage or charge up Frenzy.

Barso55

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
He's kinda a crappy jungler and a crappier laner, and he really has no damage other then his W's active.

On Summoner's Rift, he's kinda like a crappier singed.
I don't see how people can say this. I went up top against him as gragas. Granted I forgot about his passive. I barelled him to about 45% and then decided to size him up so went in 1v1 with drunken rage on. Bodyslam, AAs, barrel (Each barrel was doing about 1/6 bars of his health at the moment)ignite. Volibear wins with about half a bar of health. He does an irritating amount of damage with no damage items whatsoever. Tanks should just be threats but not carries..unless they are 5 times as fed as the enemy team.

Jonizhere

07-23-2012

Only reason why he got the much is your team is squishy, aside from olaf and amumu there basically no stopping him from basically just charging in.

FaerellG

07-23-2012

A lesson in why you don't necro threads:
This thread and it's discussion started and ended in January. It is now July. These people are arguing about something that is 6 months old. The information is no longer relevant because there have been numerous patches that have not only adjusted the champion in the discussion but also adjusted other factors that affect the champion as well.

Additional input in this thread topic will only serve to confuse people.

Please don't necro.

Jonizhere

07-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaerellG View Post
A lesson in why you don't necro threads:
This thread and it's discussion started and ended in January. It is now July. These people are arguing about something that is 6 months old. The information is no longer relevant because there have been numerous patches that have not only adjusted the champion in the discussion but also adjusted other factors that affect the champion as well.

Additional input in this thread topic will only serve to confuse people.

Please don't necro.
I didn't see the date my bad lol