Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What stops Volibear from being overpowered?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ViashinoWizard

01-09-2012

Quote:
LancerXXX:
The problem is that if Ashe is attacking him, that's damage wasted on Volibear that should be done to Olaf, Anivia, Kayle and Ahri. As I said, the Amumu was pretty bad and was never at the teamfights, gave Volibear a few early kills etc. But how is Volibear easily kited? Rolling Thunder + Shurelia's Reverie, and we had no strong CC. Ashe has a 35% slow - Volibear base movespeed ~ 400 with items, becomes ~1000 with both actives. GLHF kiting?

The ranged AD carry should be attacking whoever is closest. They should only focus a high-priority target if they can do so while staying in position.

Slows are more powerful than movespeed buffs, and you had two quite strong ones available.

dirtpoor

01-10-2012

Quote:
Carados:
He's kinda a crappy jungler and a crappier laner, and he really has no damage other then his W's active.

On Summoner's Rift, he's kinda like a crappier singed.

Hes absolutely amazing. Hes a mediocre jungler and a great laner. His Q is great for team fights. His W frenzy is great combined with chomp. His aoe scare is kinda meh. And his ult is absolutly amazing.

Hes not meant to have crazy burst. Voli's roll is getting half HP, quarter attack speed, quarter anti damage. Hes whole kit revolves around getting in as many hits as you can while being a meatshield. (especially if you have his ult popped)

Dont worry about Carados. His hobby is to come onto these forumns and just **** all over everyone and follow the mobafire meta ONLY. If its not mainstream approved (I guess volibear isnt) then dont discuss it around Carados. He will step in and pretend to be a billion times better than you.

Cenerae

01-10-2012

Quote:
dirtpoor:
Hes absolutely amazing. Hes a mediocre jungler and a great laner. His Q is great for team fights. His W frenzy is great combined with chomp. His aoe scare is kinda meh. And his ult is absolutly amazing.

Hes not meant to have crazy burst. Voli's roll is getting half HP, quarter attack speed, quarter anti damage. Hes whole kit revolves around getting in as many hits as you can while being a meatshield. (especially if you have his ult popped)

Dont worry about Carados. His hobby is to come onto these forumns and just **** all over everyone and follow the mobafire meta ONLY. If its not mainstream approved (I guess volibear isnt) then dont discuss it around Carados. He will step in and pretend to be a billion times better than you.

Actually, Carados is usually right. He might be an ass about it, but most of his points are valid. Such as saying that Voli sucks (which he really does - compare him to any good bruiser and you'll see). He's one of those champs that sounds and looks better in theory than it works in practise.

Carados

01-10-2012

Quote:
dirtpoor:

So attack me because you don't like my perfectly valid points? All of which are personal attacks that are not only not related to the thread, but have no bearing on reality?

Holy ****. You are the troll.

dirtpoor

01-10-2012

I play volibear correctly and always have fun with him.

Step 1: Stack hp
Step 2: stack CD then attack speed, ult for your team as much as possible
Step 3: ????
Step 4: profit

Voli isnt too great if you dont have good teamwork. But stick him in a team that knows what to do and hes wonderful. He has plenty of time to proc his ult on enemy team with proper initiation and heal + surge. And a toss and slow to ensure at least 1 of them die even if enemy team does escape.

With voli it really is ALL about his ult. And you should be using your skills + build to really work that aspect of him. His whole kit synergizes and leads to this.

Carados

01-10-2012

If the point of this forum was to tell peoople how to have fun, there would be no point because people can find anything, including intentional feeding, fun.

The point of this forum is to tell people how to get BETTER.

dirtpoor

01-10-2012

Quote:
Carados:
If the point of this forum was to tell peoople how to have fun, there would be no point because people can find anything, including intentional feeding, fun.

The point of this forum is to tell people how to get BETTER.

The point is to hash out if voli is OP or not. I think hes decent and absolutely fun to play. But keep playing your meta op champs and having fun. I dont give a rats arse.

Sokolniki

01-10-2012

While Volibear is a laughable champion on his own, with proper support (Kayle's Divine Intervention, Anivia's wall and two aoe slows + a stun), I could see why you felt he was OP for the match. When he's got support like that, all you really can do is to throw a CC at him.

There are a number of champions that have a great deal of synergy with him. You just happened to be in a game where he had two such champs on his team. That he got fed so early didn't help you guys none either.

But typically, he shouldn't be an issue at all, if you get a char with a decently ranged flash-like ability to eat his toss and immediately withdraw, the majority of Volibear's contributions can be made null and void. Ranged Stuns and similar effects can also render him nearly useless upon initiation.

Eviant

01-11-2012

People have pointed out a couple of things. 1) Carados is an ass, Though I don't blame him. Community needs a wake up. 2) Carados has very valid points, and 3) You had an Ashe who could have perma slowed Voli. She didn't, which allowed him to get in, and beat your asses.

Now My points are, You shouldn't have had two carries like Ashe and Ezreal on the same team. If you must have two AD carries, have them their for different purposes, such as Vayne and Graves. One is AoE, the Other Single target Burst and True damage.

Second, none of you kited properly, nor did you itemize properly. (I'm assuming, since you haven't listed items) You should have gotten things like MBR to do %based damage. Voli is stacking health primarily, therefore, it would have been one of the best items you could have gotten.

Third point. Voli could not have come close to 1k Move speed. Something along the lines of 500 is more likely, which means Ashes slow would have easily allowed you all to kite him.

And the Fourth and Final point is, If Amumu died so easily, then why the hell would you stay? Yes, Ashe dies, it's unfortunate, but it's better than feeding him three kills. If I'm your team mate, I'll be more likely *****ing you out for staying in a futile attempt than *****ing at you for leaving.

Scoobëdoo

01-11-2012

Bloord razor on your AD carry makes volibear useless