Should Fanfiction be Remerged with the Lore Thread?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ThePickOfDestiny

01-08-2012

I really don't see a point of splittning them. Fan Fiction and Lore are very intertwined, basicly much of Fanfiction heavily borrows elements from Canonical lore. Before the split, all Fanfiction was there.

Jaykoboy

01-08-2012

Yeah, I've noticed neither have been as hectic since the split. Just more people hung out on lore, because they liked reading fanfiction, so they participated in conversations more. Then, when they split, they came over here. Now, since there aren't any lore questions, etc, to keep them occupied between story posts, they don't come as often, and neither thread has anywhere near as much traffic.

It's just a vicious circle.

MajesticRaven

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

I personally like the seperation, it keeps all the work in the front page, and prevents anyone's story from being overwhelmed in the event of a new JoJ (We haven't experienced this yet, of course), and if Riot is true to their word about doing a lot more to get information out in the coming months (year?) then i expect lore to fill back up with traffic soon enough.

It lets the readers be found, instead of knocked to the second page when lore gets...interesting again. Besides, most stories (like rps) don't involve much of the current plot-line or whatever anyways. It's just a random story that usually isn't canon.

nyarlaBROtep

01-09-2012

I like the separation too. The lore is like the Cannon, what it there goes. But with fan fiction, people usually have some kind of AU in it.

But that's just my opinion.

Still Eternity

01-09-2012

I see it as a Double Edged Sword. On one hand, it's nice for Fan Fic to have it's own special place on the forums, making it easier for people to see fan works.

On the other, because it's no longer mixed with Lore, the people who just wanted to look at "Lore" stuff no longer get to see the Fan Fic stuff. Ultimately, it's split traffic, which results in a net loss of visits to both forums.