looking for teachers!! or help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SleepyMedic

01-08-2012

i been playing this game for six months now and i really love it but i need some major help. i want to play other champs but i only know how to use tanks and even then im aight. can anyone recommend some champs or tell me how to get better?

Knuckles Jarvis

01-08-2012

Well, start off by learning the different roles. You don't have to give up tanking, but playing other roles will help you learn how to better play off your teammates. Personally, I recommend learning to jungle. This should help you learn ward positioning, when / when not to gank, buff control and more effective team communication. Plus, you can continue tanking in the jungle. Also, solo top is a good way to learn how to CS while still having to remain aware of your surroundings (Which is a little less necessary as an AD carry being supported, as your support "should" keep you healthy and keep your lane warded.).

Feel free to ask anything!

Carados

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knuckles Jarvis View Post
Well, start off by learning the different roles. You don't have to give up tankin
First step: Learn the roles.

"Tanking" isn't a thing in a multiplayer game without aggro mechanics.

The roles in this game have, and always be nuker, carry, support, disabler, and initiator.

Knuckles Jarvis

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
First step: Learn the roles.

"Tanking" isn't a thing in a multiplayer game without aggro mechanics.

The roles in this game have, and always be nuker, carry, support, disabler, and initiator.
I was referring to the lane roles (AD Carry, Support, AP Carry, Solo top, Jungler), and to be honest, tanking is a pretty vital role in league. A good tank will have the ability to initiate, disable, peel, etc. So, no, tanking isn't just for games with an "aggro" system (which League does have, except it's player controlled).

SleepyMedic

01-08-2012

thanks for the good advice ill take it to heart but is there any possible way to try out champions beside bot?.i dont get to feel the experience of fighting another person but i hate when u tryout a champ and you only get in the way and end up possibly being reported on and banned.

Knuckles Jarvis

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jokeyhaha View Post
thanks for the good advice ill take it to heart but is there any possible way to try out champions beside bot?.i dont get to feel the experience of fighting another person but i hate when u tryout a champ and you only get in the way and end up possibly being reported on and banned.
Bots are a good way to try out champs and get a feel for their kit, but to really understand their mechanics you have to play them. If you're really concerned about it, look up some guides on http://www.mobafire.com/ or watch streams. You should get a basic grasp of a champ through those.

Carados

01-08-2012

Quote:
I was referring to the lane roles (AD Carry, Support, AP Carry, Solo top, Jungler), and to be honest, tanking is a pretty vital role in league. A good tank will have the ability to initiate, disable, peel, etc. So, no, tanking isn't just for games with an "aggro" system (which League does have, except it's player controlled).
Except nothing in this post is actually true.

Knuckles Jarvis

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carados View Post
Except nothing in this post is actually true.
Care to back up anything you say or are you just going to act like a pompous ass?

S1D3FX

01-09-2012

Shoo Carados...

Knuckles Jarvis, careful not to feed the troll. While he may be right in the sense that "Tanking" as most people know it is not as well defined in League, there is no better description for someone who has sustainability, some type of CC, and the ability to initiate. Heck, Riot even classifies their Champions as "Fighter/Mage/Assassin/TANK" So, I see where Carados is coming from, but... I agree with you.

Also, sucks that threads like these (people trying to get better) usually end up with trolls on them.

@Jokeyhaha, I would also suggest www.mobafire.com When looking at builds, I try to take into consideration the overall score the build received from the community, and then check the "freshness" if it hasnít been updated in the last 3 patches or so...I start to question its validity. Hope that helps.

Carados

01-09-2012

Quote:
Care to back up anything you say or are you just going to act like a pompous ass?
Yes,because in your world, those are the only kinds of lanes every run, and all champions who lane "as a role" in that lane share a large amount in common.

Here's my advice: There's no excuse for a level 30 to not know how to play every champion in the game at a basic level.