Lvling from 12 to 30 need help

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Metafoxthree

01-08-2012

If you want to read a rant about being a new player and wanting to play with other summoners then read along.

I played HoN, Dota 2, Dota, Guild Wars, MW2,3, Borderlands, Chest, Skyrim ect ect and WoW so im no newb and win games easily but find it hard to understand the items, tree lvling and runes. Ive been playing this genre for awhile now and my friends invited me to play LoL with them but they are all lvl 30. So when they are not on I solo que and find it really boring having to play and learn all the heroes myself. If your in the same boat as me or have lots of knowledge i would really like to play with summoners who can teach me why to pick certain items in certain situations and what builds are optimal with what hero.

I currently just do summoners rift 5v5 normal blind pick. It is the only game type i have been introduced to and I only have one bought hero, singed who is fun as hell and wins me my games. Ive played sona love her as a support, corki, ezreal i try to play all free2play heroes to learn all the abilities. So if you want to play with me I only work mornings and have online classes so my nights are usually video games, study and food.

Im 21, male in arizona have skype so we can talk and ya if you want to play or are interested just reply would love not to be so bored I have to go on forums to find someone to play with. Also please no ragers, I like my free time stress free.

Rg Toad

01-08-2012

for blind pick at a low level you can do real basic builds and not get abused because of it, general thing for AD's build up crit's and damage using Infinity edge, and then from there build more attack speed with a phantom dancer if you want or , defense if your getting shut down quickly.

AP people, just genera ability power, and then if you find your getting shut down by magic defense get magic penetration, just learn what does what then adapt from there.

set builds are generally a poor idea and its better to be versatile and build based on what you are facing. If your facing all AD, and no AP's building magic resistance isn't needed at all, just know general things like that and you should be set.

Sheer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Hey,
I had the same problem. A few friends invited me and it was pretty boring when they weren't on.
I suggest doing Bot games, either easy or intermediate if you want to get some practice. But the pvp games aren't so bad either haha

If you're looking for things for basic builds and items and stuff, I suggest Mobafire.
http://www.mobafire.com/
It's quite amazing, it's got great in depth guides on champions and what not. It also has a database on items and its own forum. You can basically find anything LoL based pretty easily there with great explanation, mechanics and the like.
I hope that helps with the basic builds and stuff =)
A lot of the top rated guides will tell you what items to get for a specific champion and why for certain situations so that should help a lot with that issue.

Emeraldw

01-08-2012

I don't know how much help I can be. But I will be back to my computer Friday. If you want to chat just message me. I got only up to 1400 last season but hopefully I can help.

Lt orange juice

01-08-2012

I am lvl 30 with vast knowlege of the game and its mechanics but I am trying to levelvup a seccond account so I can level it up and help you learn the game at the same time. I also have Skype so we can talk. Me 2nd account name is green jellow you can add me if you want

aphronyaa

01-08-2012

First, why don't you go into a custom game and take a look at the things yourself? It's not hard.
Second, think about the rune and masteries setup, that's nothing hard to figure out either.

And thirdly, if this is still too difficult, then use a relatively basic option which I generally do before I even start playing a game I'm interested in, and take a look at popular guide sites? As suggested above, Mobafire is a great place to be.

Kirielis

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

What you can do is play a game. When you're dead, or afk-walking to turret, press tab and mouseover the items of a member of the opposing team. That's a quick and easy way of learning which items correspond to which icons, and seeing what this guy built tells you how easy or dangerous he is to try and take down, at the very least.

As for runes, it doesn't matter at all before level 20. By the time you reach there, you should have an idea of which ones would be useful, and which not. Masteries, just take your 12 or 13 points and click around to find things you like. Optimisation can come after you find your way around it.

eg. I'm personally of the opinion that the 2 AP points in a 9/0/21 caster build should go to minion damage, for 4 extra. Last hitting was never so easy, and 2AP is what, 1 damage per shot? 3 if you're Tristana at level 6, but who does that anyway? And yes, I realise that as one gets better at the game, it's technically better to do absolute minmaxing and put the points in AP.

I've added you. Let's play sometime. I'm not the best (see above) but I don't play stressful and don't rage.

Metafoxthree

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirielis View Post
What you can do is play a game. When you're dead, or afk-walking to turret, press tab and mouseover the items of a member of the opposing team. That's a quick and easy way of learning which items correspond to which icons, and seeing what this guy built tells you how easy or dangerous he is to try and take down, at the very least.

As for runes, it doesn't matter at all before level 20. By the time you reach there, you should have an idea of which ones would be useful, and which not. Masteries, just take your 12 or 13 points and click around to find things you like. Optimisation can come after you find your way around it.

eg. I'm personally of the opinion that the 2 AP points in a 9/0/21 caster build should go to minion damage, for 4 extra. Last hitting was never so easy, and 2AP is what, 1 damage per shot? 3 if you're Tristana at level 6, but who does that anyway? And yes, I realise that as one gets better at the game, it's technically better to do absolute minmaxing and put the points in AP.

I've added you. Let's play sometime. I'm not the best (see above) but I don't play stressful and don't rage.
Ty for the invite I accepted im trying to get on tonite but after downloading the patch Ive had trouble connecting to a pvp server so =/ hopefully you will be on though.

Metafoxthree

01-10-2012

Thank you for responding.
Rg Toad- Ty for the comment I generally follow the suggested builds but now that i can play more frequently I tend to mix it up and go for what items are situational and core.

Ozzay- I have been reading mobafire i do find it very interesting and I watch livestreams while I eat and do HW. I CANNOT do bots lol i fall asleep =/ but does your win of the day count for bots?

Emeraldw- Ill message you and we can go from their same with green jellow.

WukongNyaa-Your commented sounded irritated as if I took no first step into learning the game. I like the game and have done my fair share of research but its boring reading and not being able to converse with anyone about lol by yourself playing. Which was the MAIN reason for the post but ty anyways for responding.