Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

[Theory] Avina the cryo phenoix and Frozen Mallet

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DarkenDragon

10-11-2009

wait let me get this stright, Rylais actually applies the frost debuff BEFORE the damage?? o.O meaning if I had this and I used my frost bite, it will always 100% of the time be double damage? o.O

the only reason I was thinking frozen mallet over rylais is because of the larger hp you get and also the fact that almost all of her abilities does frost except for frost bite. and with frozen mallet i'd beable to have more frost ability to get frost bite to do double damage and plus a large hp boost. but if this is the case then obviously rylais is almost a must have item on this hero

Lollerman

10-11-2009

Erm, I'm not sure if Rylai's slow is counted as "frozen" for Frostbite's double damage to apply, but yeah, apparently, Rylai applies in the spells' area before the spells actually hit. This is especially evident in Cho'Gath's Rupture.

HatsuneMiku

10-11-2009

IT'S ANIVIA NOT AVINA OR ANIVA OR AVINIA !@#$!%?ASDIf

DarkenDragon

11-06-2009

Quote:
Lollerman:
Erm, I'm not sure if Rylai's slow is counted as "frozen" for Frostbite's double damage to apply, but yeah, apparently, Rylai applies in the spells' area before the spells actually hit. This is especially evident in Cho'Gath's Rupture.

I just did a test on this today, and no, rylai's slow does not get applied before the damage is done

so I dont really think rylai's staff is the better choice, I mean it'll just give health and AP which I would probably just get another rod of ages since the amount of money to give frost bite a slow is pretty high and only frost bite will gain the benifits of this

Im still thinking getting frozen mallet would be a nice choice to give that perma frost slow to make sure theres a sure way (without having to use my ulti which would drain my mana quickly) for frost bite to do double damage. I mean she is able to make the full use of each part of the weapon after all

Catmuffins

Recruiter

11-06-2009

Quote:
Circio:
Her ult got a major range reduction in a recent patch. The range of the ult is about half of the range of her regular attack.

However, I do agree that it is a waste of 3,200 gold that could have been put to much better use.

didnt it get a major range increase?? and plus the AoE extends slightly farther than the range you can cast making it farther than her attack.

Truhls

11-06-2009

rylais used to proc before the spell hit they changed it cus you could do about 700 dmg every 3 seconds and was completely OP. She has no other targeted spell so rylais is useless on her.

Rylais slow DOES NOT STACK. NO SLOWS STACK ANYMORE.

yes you could use frozen mallet to proc frozen to get the double hit proc. is it worth it? no.