Top lane Counter-picks, starting with GP.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Canadían

01-13-2012

Pantheon is a great choice because you can usually have a shield up EVERY time he attacks you, and your q is a great harass. along with your stun and E you will dominate him if played correctly.

Worgenclaw

01-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePsyborg View Post
Beats GP:
Pantheon. Aegis blocks Parrrley.
Nidalee
Urgot
Cho'gath
Galio _can_, but you won't want to use the usual MR-heavy runepage.

Notably, Ryze beats Kennen or Singed, and Vayne beats Singed and the very occasional solo-top Karthus.

Cho'gath, Nidalee, and Urgot are virtually uncounterable.

Galio doesn't win every lane, but he very very rarely _loses_ one. A fair number of champions can force Galio under his turret. Hardly any can keep him from farming happily there.
Nasus counters Cho

Chingmeister

01-14-2012

Beats everyone: Heimer.

I can't remember ever losing a lane 1v1 as Heimer...against anyone.

Rg Toad

01-14-2012

It would appear that riven is getting nerfed, so we'll see how that works out on her.

and parley is great because it lets you farm more gold(while it doesn't seem like much 45-50 cs with it is a very nice boost) heckling with it is nice, but in lane aslong as you can hold your side, and outfarm them your in good shape(plus his farm is always boosted because his ult sets up for great assists.)

Death8630

01-14-2012

I'm yet to lose to a GP, shy, or irelia with dear old OLAF <3

Bareju

01-14-2012

Panth poops on GP, because his passive blocks parleyyy harass. I just played Lee vrs GP, and got pooped on even though he started dorans and I had cloth five. His E gives him so much AD, he had 105 and i had 70 at L5 or so. He just farmed all day

Flame Prodigy

01-14-2012

Why has no one mentioned Mordy? He got nerfed a bit but its not like he dropped off the face of the earth. His shield counters all but the heaviest pokes and as soon as he gets spell vamp you can't kick him out of the lane. If you play him the correct way against melee heavy champs like Riven your q-e-w combo smashes their faces. Not to mention when he finally gets his ult/ignite combo. As far as heavy pokers like GP goes, if your shield doesn't fully block it then just hide in the bush, run out e-q then run back in the bush. You will farm hard and he will get pissed and do something stupid

TranscendentSon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrang View Post
Teemo is actually one of the most effective counters to top lane Tryn and Riven, due to his range, blind, and passive
one problem with teemo vs riven is that his blind wont really do much, although the poison will outlast her shield and his W will allow him to kite her alot

JitnikoVi

01-15-2012

riven, irelia, gp, rumble are probably the best top laners

Haivox

01-15-2012

I always use panth to counter gp. Can outharass him if u make sure ur passive is ready when u go in to spear.