Can you beat the meta?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chief Rollie

01-25-2012

One thing a buddy and i noticed was that if you put an in-your-face assassin bot with a support you will almost undoubtedly win your lane. Also in order for this to work safely you need a nuke or high mobility ap carry to go mid. The idea behind it is that the assassin farms like the ad carry normally would but focuses hard on harassing one of the two lane partners. Typically the squishy support is easier to harrass. What usually ends up happening is the enemy lane can't really compete with your damaging abilities and you either kill them or starve their ad carry.

The reason behind the nuke/high mobility ap carry at mid is simply a fail safe in case the enemy ad carry doesn't get starved and the game goes into late game. In that case it will be the ap carry's job to eliminate the ad carry to ensure your team doesn't get blown to bits at a distance.

XXXandBEER

01-25-2012

Right now there is 3 different metas being used
As the original poster said the most used is
Tanky sustain top, Ap Mid, Ad carry support bot, jungler

The second most used
Duo AP Top/Mid, Tanky DPS Jungler, Ad Carry Support bot

The Third
Tanky DPS Top, AP Mid or AD Mid, Tanky Sustain Bot, Jungler, Roamer (twitch, eve, alistar)

Recently I have found the third option extremely powerful.

Riseer

01-25-2012

The only requirement for top lane is to be tanky enough to survive a gank while having to run a long distance away or someone will a naturally good escape move IE Vlad, Kennen, Corki, quite a few others.

The only requirement for mid is map awareness, honestly, I think any champ in the game can mid... granted some are more easily countered than others, but if we get into the counters game... oh gosh that's an earful.

The only requirement for bottom is... well there are two

Option A.) Sustain

Option B.) Two characters that are so scary in lane together that the enemy is afraid to harass you too much because you will kill them.

The only requirement for jungling is speed in the jungle, ganking doesn't hurt, but it's the speed through the jungle that counts for more in my opinion.

As far as overall team comp is concerned, I've found some of the scariest teams I've faced use four bruisers and one little all out offense long ranged carry who just shreds everything from the third row back. Granted it's all dependent on positioning, but when you play a carry, that's always going to be the case.

Other strategies really just hinge on all your characters working together. For example... all high mobility champs who can dash in and out of fights, all AOE champs, all champs who use their abilties to change the enemy positions (i.e. Lee Sin, Trist, Janna, Urgot, Alistair... plenty of others), all champs who stun... the list goes on and on... the point is synergy.

The last thing I have to point out is... whatever team comp you end up with you should play to your strengths. Once I was playing a game with friends where we picked Caitlyn, Heimer, Shaco, Teemo, Nidalee. Every time we tried to team fight we got crushed, but we noticed that if we just threw garbage all over the jungle and then led the enemy team through it we won... annnnnd that's what we did. Honestly, the amount of green dots and just general litter sitting around all over the place was ridiculous, but it won us the game.

Hope this helps, or is even on topic by this point, sorry for the book.

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperor Hick View Post
I really hate when the other team doesn't have a jungler and you pick someone like riven for solo top. It just can't be done. Totally shuts top lane down. Ungankable basically because it would still only be a 2v2 and the laner is probably lower health from harrass. It i pick someone like yorick or cho for solo top bring it on.
Cho all the way bro.

Chingmeister

01-26-2012

Easy win with aura Yi duoing bot with caster bot (physical or AP) and duo caster mid and top. I destroyed perfect meta (tank, tanky, caster, ranged, support) teams bottom with both Zilean and Talon in triple caster teams structures.

Start mana manip or duo mana manip so you have 14-21 mana regen at level 1. Spam moves and push the ranged carry out of lane.

Build boots, SS, and WoTA. Stay closer to the front as Yi since you can just heal harass. Push waves into tower. Ward lower dragon for ganks.

Around level 5 the opposing healer won't be able to keep up with continuous level 3 spells and their bottom lane will collapse, followed by the tower, and continuously overrunning their bottom and taking free dragons. Yi post 6 is also more or less ungankable, and has 330 base movement so is more or less ungankable anyways...

End game, Yi turns into the initiator tank and clean up Aisle 5. The SS and WoTA help the duo casters and your whole team stay topped off when you group up and push mid, and provide the tankyness to initiate (Meditate provides armor and mr so you just need health).

In teamfights, support Yi truly shines. After the triple caster burst Yi can just chain alphas and watch the opposing team disintegrate. 4-6k gold on defenders is not enough to live through triple caster burst followed by a highlander Yi.

WoTA has higher healing throughput than any 0 CS healer, so you have a chance right after you complete it to push hard and win with ease.

Just an example, Soraka has 17.5 healing/second heals. Talon with 31% spellvamp (aura + runes) ends up at 17.00 base healing/second just from using rake every 10 seconds with 0 AD (hitting 6.33 minions).

But Soraka can only heal single target, while WotA is an aura...so can heal up to 5x as much...so you just group up and push the healer team out of existence as soon as you get it.

Infirc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-26-2012

Tank Teemo, nope it was not me playing it somoene built tank Teemo and leveled up his global taunt first, he would just go in there blind an autoattack champion then run around while the rest of the team Swiped the enemy team.

Werevark

01-26-2012

AP mid is countered by champions tanky enough to survive the burst, and dish out their own damage over time. This can be seen in last year's Dreamhack when a Udyr thrived against an Annie mid. Bruiser's with strong sustain can be AP mids.
Bruisers are weak against strong DPS, as seen in any late game evarrr, so an evasive AD carry with lifesteal can edge them out.
We've seen the definition of 'Support' changed up after certain alterations with Masteries and Jungle, so the lineup is ever-changing there. Some that are successful are Fiddlesticks, and Malphite.

OG Skywalker

01-26-2012

5 ad carries gg by 20 minutes, i say it cuz of done it, if ur getting trolls who are autolocking ad carries join them. Trust me. You will win.

dumbleolf

01-26-2012

Jungler ranged ad carry top 2 mid heavy sustain solo bot

dumbleolf

01-26-2012

P.S. mundo owns xerath mid