Is it possible to jungle pre 30?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JakeLULZ

01-08-2012

I've found because there is such a MASSIVE skill gap between those who are good and those who are bad, it's nearly impossible for me to be matched with a team at level 19 who understand the concept and tactics of a jungler.

Now I am by no means "good" in comparison to those at high ranked ELO I am still very much learning but I understand item builds and some of the more advanced tactics of the game, who should play where and why, who to focus in team fights, why dragon and last hits are important and of course the value of a jungler and how to play when you have one but probably 95% of the people I play with don't and it's frustrating. I really enjoy jungling.

Most games I have either been raged at and cussed out for not being in lane when I have explicitly stated pre game I am going to jungle and asked everyone to choose their champs with the understanding that we will have two solo lanes with the assumption that they are not expecting it(If they haven't already auto-locked 4 AD carries at that point) or had my jungle run/timing messed up by the fact that I have to basically orchestrate and babysit the entire team because nobody seems to understand what they are supposed to be doing and ultimately fallen behind or done a bad job as a jungler as a result of not being able to do my job properly.

In two of my recent games there was nobody mid because I was waiting in the brush for wraiths to spawn, the first team the two Brazilians top refused to budge from each others side or speak English apart to tell me "JUNGLE SUX" and as a result we had nobody mid and a solo bottom lane because it was 4v5 and the second team just assumed I was mid because I was in the brush and I spent the time I should have spent preparing for wraiths to spawn with my saplings(Maokai) trying to make something of their sorry asses and fell completely behind because I took too much damage from the wraiths as a result.

My favourite is when I am blamed for our loss because I'm not god or something and didn't carry the whole game because none of the lanes were capable of holding their lanes themselves or not feed the enemy team like bots. So evidently it's my fault.

All my 30 friends have constantly told me that this game is literally a grind until 30 but it's depressing and makes me not want to play when I am constantly matched with people below my understanding of the game, I don't want to have to play AP mid or AD carry and carry every single game, it gets boring and half the time doesn't work because the enemy team seem to have some basic understanding of team work where mine doesn't.

Rythoka

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

You can jungle a few characters runeless (Udyr, for example), since the biggest factor that decides between being able to jungle or not is your runes. Once you hit 20 and can afford runes you can use any jungler. Those last few masteries don't really matter that much.

The biggest problem you seem to have besides the actual jungling itself is you team. It's simple: anytime you find someone who's good (by whatever your standards), add them to your friends list. Play 5s with them. Then who needs a random team?

TeddyBearKLZ

01-08-2012

You really don't need runes to jungle. I am level 19 too but I get along just fine with warwick. If you are having difficulty jungling then you could always get a leash to make it easier. Plus Riot just made all of the creeps in the Jungle easier to kill and all of them who usually dont have buffs now heal you once you kill them. Their new masteries also pretty much lets you jungle with anyone. Legit, I'm jungling with Annie.

Soreasan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

It is possible to jungle pre-30 but it's not nearly as effective as it is at level 30. Without runes and masteries it is much slower to jungle and when you're done with your route you have much less health than a level 30 would. That being said, it's still possible to jungle and I jungled at lvl 10 or so w/o dying to jungle creeps(and this was pre-change jungle). for me personally the biggest priority on masteries is to get 9 points into defensive for the mastery that does 6 damage to each creep that attacks you. And then I put the rest of the points into offense to increase damage to the creeps. On my level 20 smurf(foolsmasher) I can jungle fairly well since I have tier 3 runes now.

So basically what I'm getting at is: jungling? possible pre-30. Ideal? Not necessarily. Once you hit lvl 30 though you can jungle every game and it's a blast. Jungling is my favorite part of the game but the learning curve was definitely steep.

7thcloud

01-08-2012

dunno. with new masteries and jungle remake, not hard to jungle anymore. if you are having trouble, learn warwick or nunu (or some other sustain-y hero)

Emeraldw

01-08-2012

Use WW. He is easy to use, good and has great post 6 yanks. Further his ult is a team fight initiator, and that is paramount for disorganized teams for someone to start the fight. Just hope your team actually goes in and doesn't back off.

Usually, I feel that lower lvls shouldn't play with 30's. It isn't fair for you or me. That said, I feel for you and I think we all understand yourfrustration. So if you want to duo que with me (or your friends plus me or w/e). I would join you for some games.hopefully it will be more interesting for you, even if it is more difficult.

I wont back till Friday but the offer stands.

Yippppeeekiyayy

01-08-2012

Maokai is probably one of the worst jungler for carrying games at this level... He's more of a support/initiator than carry.