Ask Jax

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ovalusc1

01-09-2012

What kind of sword do you use?
Do you dual-wield or use a shield, or just use a two-handed sword?

SpicyJackTheBard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ovalusc1 View Post
What kind of sword do you use?
Do you dual-wield or use a shield, or just use a two-handed sword?
Ovalusc,

I mentioned earlier that I prefer to use polearms, though if I had to choose a type of sword, I would wind up using a greatsword. It's not my preferred weapon, but I have had at least some training in it, and I can use it well enough to punch a hole in the enemy ranks.

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

Renekton Bot

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

I'm surprised he isn't dodging any of these questions.

Wakka wakka.

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renekton Bot View Post
I'm surprised he isn't dodging any of these questions.

Wakka wakka.
I would dodge them if I still had the runes to do so.

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

Jamaree

01-10-2012

Dear Jax

While I haven't used many times, the times I have I enjoyed your skill and overall power. Anyway, I would just like to ask, who has come the closest to beating you one on one outside the fields of justice, also that eye piece you made, Heim made a set for Master Yi, I would like to know if yours are the same.

-Summoner Jamaree

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamaree View Post
Dear Jax

While I haven't used many times, the times I have I enjoyed your skill and overall power. Anyway, I would just like to ask, who has come the closest to beating you one on one outside the fields of justice, also that eye piece you made, Heim made a set for Master Yi, I would like to know if yours are the same.

-Summoner Jamaree
Jamaree,

I have fought against Yi several times, and the results vary. However, pertaining to your question, the headgear he wears is similar in form, though not necessarily in function to mine. While his eyepieces focus on offensive capabilities, mine is more geared towards defense, which improves my ability to dodge attacks. Following the old adage "The best offense is a good defense", I have used this headset to its greatest potential more often than not, often telling melee auto-attacking champions like Yi and Tryndamere to get dunked.

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

Silverling

01-10-2012

Jax

You're now going to be the only champion who can dodge, how awesome does this make you feel?

-Neutral Summoner Silver

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverling View Post
Jax

You're now going to be the only champion who can dodge, how awesome does this make you feel?

-Neutral Summoner Silver
Summoner Silver,

I have to say, it makes me feel pretty **** special. Now, instead of having to compete with Sivir for the title of the most agile individual on the field of justice, I have the title all to myself! However, due to the fact that dodge runes have been refunded, and they were a main source of my power along with Ninja Tabi, I am beginning to believe that my ability to dodge even with those boots will be challenged. However, I await the day they try to change my skills with a smile on my face and a lamppost in my hand.

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms

Samiam22

01-10-2012

Dear Jax.

Which champion do you have the most pleasure mauling with your lamppost?

What about any champions you almost feel sorry for mauling with your lamppost?

SpicyJackTheBard

Recruiter

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samiam22 View Post
Dear Jax.

Which champion do you have the most pleasure mauling with your lamppost?

What about any champions you almost feel sorry for mauling with your lamppost?
Sam,

First off, I don't "maul" with my lamppost, per say. I prefer the terms "cripple" or "devastate", but "bludgeon" is my personal favorite.

As for the champions I enjoy bludgeoning, I would have to say that I particularly enjoy beating Tryndamere, Mundo, and Annie. Tryndamere is fun because I have a tendency to dish out more damage than he does over more time, and even if he tried to run away, I have no problem keeping up. Mundo is fun because he thinks that his muscles are the solution to all problems, and refuses to give up even when he's clearly losing. Annie, however... she's just scary. I'm sorry, but I have issues with that child.

The champions I feel bad about bludgeoning? It is either Rumble or Amumu. I have problems with hitting Rumble because he's just trying so earnestly to prove that his technology is the best, yet when a guy comes along and dismantles your life's work with a lamppost, then the soundness of your technology's construction may be put to the question. And Amumu... well, he has enough problems as it is. Can't everyone just cut him a little bit of slack?

Jax, Grandmaster at Arms