Suggestion for Dominion meta shifting

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AnyOtherEnemy

01-07-2012

Here are the current problems in Dominion

- Mobility is too important. Many heros way outshine others because of their combination of mobility with other really good elements of success (e.g. Rammus)

- Tanky DPS is the most consistently effective strategy which is boring and leaves little room for creativity like you see in SR. This means heros who can do significant damage while building mostly HP/resist heavy items. Most heros who rely on damage heavy items and aren't naturally tanky are severely disadvantaged due to the fact that it is very difficult to kite because of the map terrain and speed shrines and the lack of safe zones due to weak towers. I would not suggest we change the map or towers at all.

I would suggest the following changes to the global Dominion aura to try to resolve this.

- Self-mobility altering spells are reduced in duration by 30%. This allows you to still use them effectively for combat situations (i.e., the fight currently on your screen), but makes it less easy to get across the whole map at ridiculous speeds to outrun an opponent literally incapable of outplaying you because you happen to have a free speed buff on low cooldown (Rammus, Shyvana, etc.).

- Armor/Magic Resist from items is reduced by 15%.

Yuan Shikai

01-07-2012

I jsut wanna speak regarding the reduced armor MR: the aura already provides penetration, defense should not get nerfed even ahrder, that is an incredibly stupid idea.

RealWolf M

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

the aura provides penetration.

tanky dps is not the most consistently effective strategy, it is A strategy, and in the recent DD tournament it was countered very hard when it was used, by teams making use of other things.

Mobility is the most important thing, along with cdr. But thats fine, because a tradeoff for that mobility is a weakness in another area. Rammus is squishy when his DBC isn't up, and slow while it is. Try doing something around those two facts and he isn't as dangerous as he seems

ForgedLife

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

@RealWolf: I appreciate the indirect compliment

@yawn dragon: The meta is constantly changing. By this, I don't mean like the huge metashift that Dreamhack brought to the NA Servers. I mean small changes, like how Bot lane has gone from just defending your point to a very aggressive lane, like how the 1v1 era has died.

In this case, mobility is already less gamebreaking as when the game was released.

MeatMasterMeat

01-08-2012

That's because they removed Priscilla's Blessing which was already a terrible idea for the format in the first place.
Move speed and cap time redux, on a health regen item. COULDN'T BE FOR RAMMUS HUE!

Anyone can move at 500. You just need to give up some damage.

Imfrknbad

01-09-2012

Actually the natural mobility isn't a huge deal. People can fix this with their builds. I know a person who plays Leona and has very good mobility through runes and items. Also consider that while mobiliy is important. It isn't everything, but I'll touch on that in a moment.

Tanky characters do have an advantage to a degree, but they aren't everything. The reason these characters tend to shine is because of the lack of coordination you see in dominion. What you have in dominion is a lot of solo question people. Naturally on a smaller map, if I have enough HP for us to get in a fight and our teams see this and show up, I will live long enough for them to show up whether it be to help or to kill steal.

However if you are like me and tend to que up with friends you will see that other classes shine quite well when you can actually coordinate your movements.

Now back to mobility. Yes its a big factor in the beginning but you only need one or two high mobility chars to win. Good examples are rammus (of course), shaco, garren and trundle. These guys are good to back cap, bottom gank and all around support. But without teamwork and coordination the advantage they bring to the table is useless because if everyone is running around your points aren't being protected. Remember you only need three points to win.

jars

01-09-2012

every team should have a mage, sometimes two.

Imfrknbad

01-09-2012

Completely agree with that statement

Bonabon

01-09-2012

One thing that tends to bug me is the relationship between Tanky DPS and Mobility, lol. Itemization for mobility is greatly in favor of these champions whereas casters and other types are stuck with nothing but Lich Bane, which isn't good for everyone; or Shurelya's, which is a little out of the way for many compared to the Tanky DPS champs who can just build a PD/Trinity and sacrifice nothing.

FDru

01-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonabon View Post
One thing that tends to bug me is the relationship between Tanky DPS and Mobility, lol. Itemization for mobility is greatly in favor of these champions whereas casters and other types are stuck with nothing but Lich Bane, which isn't good for everyone; or Shurelya's, which is a little out of the way for many compared to the Tanky DPS champs who can just build a PD/Trinity and sacrifice nothing.
Considering PD is a terrible, terrible item for "tanky DPS" I wouldn't say they sacrifice nothing.