Akali Build?

1234567 ... 13
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Soviet Mudkip

07-16-2010

k ill try ur build first and probably tweak stuff from there thnx's for the build

Chingmeister

07-16-2010

Regrowth Pendant
ninja tabi
sunfire cape
3 more sunfire capes

attspd marks
hp regen/lvl runes/quints.
cd/lvl glyphs

Akali doesn't scale well enough as AD or AP or hybrid which is why she has a .6 win/loss record on lolbase. Her skills and scaling are so bad she single-handidly cuts a teams chance of winning nearly in half.

This alternative build emphasis is on jungling followed by hiding entirely in stealth without attacking in team fights as your sunfires toast the other team. 3 sunfires in an 8 second stealth is around 1k AoE damage. Dash around as needed to finish runners and then stealth again.

Skill levels are aoe/stealth/aoe/stealth/aoe/ult/stealth/stealth/stealth. Will help you level fast and be top of your game in teamfights by level 9 and your first sunfire.

Think of your stealth cloud and sunfires as an unending anivia ult. Snare plus magic damage.

Laning is really strong as well as you can sit stealthed and regenning hp as your sunfires wipe out the entire lane's minions.

Masteries are whatever helps you jungle and move faster. I do some 15/15 defense/utility hybrid or sometimes all defensive.

StarcraftGhost

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ixcel View Post
play a katarina or xin zhao, problem solved
I believe he meant to say that akali is a weak excuse for kat. (i cant confirm this since i havent played kat) and that xin is so OP u might as well just play him.

Arrivederco

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrHokage View Post
sorc boots don't seem viable to me because mp is only really useful for shadow dance....
Unless I'm extremely mistaken, it applies to your Mark of the Assasin damage as well. And probably your bonus magical damage from passive? (not sure on that).

StarcraftGhost

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arrivederco View Post
Unless I'm extremely mistaken, it applies to your Mark of the Assasin damage as well. And probably your bonus magical damage from passive? (not sure on that).
im trying to work out akali on TT i think AP is the way to go, if im not making merc, ill make the sorc. cause its more damage either way, if ur winning u want the sorc if its a fair fight prob want merc.

does anyone have any TT specific builds, no one seems to specifiy. but she seems to play similarly itemization wise on 5v5 i guess.

SoFFacet

07-16-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavanah View Post
Well I'm going to go ahead and assume that you think I'm doing it wrong since I rush sheen first. Which is fine when we are all entitled to our own opinions.

So let me give you my opinion. Rushing a rylais is good and all, but I'd rather have my giants belt and a sheen + lizard buff. Besides, akali's main burst damage comes during levels 6-12 where people have not stacked magic resist, armor, or health. Her burst is nearly as OP as panth's during this point of the game, its her shining point. Why rush a defensive item during these crucial levels of akali? With sheen I can take someone (most heroes) down to 30% hp with one rotation + ignite. Which means I can easily finish them off with one more shadow>mark>attack and another shadow if need be. They aren't getting away.

So in my opinion, after playing Akali for over 160 games... you are doing it wrong.
Basically at ~1250 gold you can either have Sheen or Giants Belt or Wand+Tome. The second and third options are on the way to Rylais, the first option is on the way to Lich Bane. Lich Bane is not a good first item, but Rylais is, so your options are to either build Sheen --> Rylais --> Finish Lich Bane or just Rylais --> Lich Bane. Imo Sheen does not do enough to warrant delaying Rylais. Akali basically can't kill non-idiots if her spells don't snare, which makes Rylais the absolute #1 priority. Akali also really wants the big stack of AP and health, so there is no waste.

As for Lizard, I suppose one could forgo rushing Rylai's (Sheen instead) and have it be basically as good - if one could guarantee getting basically every Lizard buff, but remember the other team wants it too. I think its best to have Akali get Rylais and give Lizard to someone else on your team.

Ebonclaw

07-17-2010

Boots
Rylai's
Rageblade
Lich Bane
????
????

Not adding at least a little AD is a mistake, full AP builds do not capitalize enough on the synergy of Akali's passives.

chaos7heory

07-17-2010

Akali is actually one of the few characters that I know whose recommended items make perfect sense. I dont know why everyone goes lich bane with akali. Trinity force is a much better item to get early game. Start of with a dorans' shield because u dont know if you will be laning against range champions which make akali useless early game. If you are getting harassed by range champions early game, doran's shield helps you stay in lane longer because you want to avoid them leveling faster than you do. Whenever you have to go back get at least a long sword for lifesteal and damage then get some boots. Boots should always be either ninja tabi or merc threads depending on other team. After that get a phage. After that you can go for guinsoo's first or finish you trinity force. You cant go wrong either way. Trinity force helps in chasing people down because akali is slow. Not only does it give you extra run speed but it also has a chance to slow and extra atk speed which akali desperately needs. Trinity force and guinsoo's are the only atk speed items you will need all game. Then get your rylai's. Once you have these items you can take your pick from any of the b. f. sword items but trust me the game would have been over by now. For masteries go either 21-9-0 or 9-21-0. For runes I use armor pen, dodge and cooldowns. For summoner spells I use exhaust and cleanse but you can substitute ignite for exhaust if you wish. And most of all play smart. The items dont play the game for you.

Kavanah

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Basically at ~1250 gold you can either have Sheen or Giants Belt or Wand+Tome. The second and third options are on the way to Rylais, the first option is on the way to Lich Bane. Lich Bane is not a good first item, but Rylais is, so your options are to either build Sheen --> Rylais --> Finish Lich Bane or just Rylais --> Lich Bane. Imo Sheen does not do enough to warrant delaying Rylais. Akali basically can't kill non-idiots if her spells don't snare, which makes Rylais the absolute #1 priority. Akali also really wants the big stack of AP and health, so there is no waste.

As for Lizard, I suppose one could forgo rushing Rylai's (Sheen instead) and have it be basically as good - if one could guarantee getting basically every Lizard buff, but remember the other team wants it too. I think its best to have Akali get Rylais and give Lizard to someone else on your team.
You are only delaying Rylai's by 1260 gold though... that's easily and quickly obtainable. The health that the rylais upgrade from giants belt increases is too trivial to bring HP into the equation in any form. The only use the Rylai's has on Akali that other cheaper items can't fullfill is the fact that it slows. I've already stated two reasons why I, as an experienced Akali, do not need the slow when I can bring someone down to 30% from full health in one rotation and still usually have 2 more shadow essences. The other solution is just to grab red lizard buff, which also gives extra dmg from it's DOT.

Again my argument over this is that you are missing out on an incredible boost to Akali's burst damage VIA sheen. It's the same reason Shaco's usually get it so early on. It's an OP burst damage item that at that level for that much gold, is just too good to pass up until later. Yes you will eventually upgrade it to Lichbane, but that won't happen until you have at least 200+ AP to make it viable. The damage that sheen brings is just amazing for her level. Again, I'll take sheen+giantsbelt+meja's+lizardbuff ANYDAY over rylais. Especially when I'm racking in ganks.

Kavanah

07-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by cHaOs7hEoRy View Post
Akali is actually one of the few characters that I know whose recommended items make perfect sense. I dont know why everyone goes lich bane with akali. Trinity force is a much better item to get early game. Start of with a dorans' shield because u dont know if you will be laning against range champions which make akali useless early game. If you are getting harassed by range champions early game, doran's shield helps you stay in lane longer because you want to avoid them leveling faster than you do. Whenever you have to go back get at least a long sword for lifesteal and damage then get some boots. Boots should always be either ninja tabi or merc threads depending on other team. After that get a phage. After that you can go for guinsoo's first or finish you trinity force. You cant go wrong either way. Trinity force helps in chasing people down because akali is slow. Not only does it give you extra run speed but it also has a chance to slow and extra atk speed which akali desperately needs. Trinity force and guinsoo's are the only atk speed items you will need all game. Then get your rylai's. Once you have these items you can take your pick from any of the b. f. sword items but trust me the game would have been over by now. For masteries go either 21-9-0 or 9-21-0. For runes I use armor pen, dodge and cooldowns. For summoner spells I use exhaust and cleanse but you can substitute ignite for cleanse if you wish. And most of all play smart. The items dont play the game for you.
Just want to point out a few bad advices for Akali's...

#1 Don't take doran's sheild at start. It will remain a useless item taking up a valuable spot. Go with doran's blade and activate your passive.

#2 Tri-force is a terrible early game item on just about every hero. It's too expensive and synergizes off GOOD early game items.

#3 The only time you would want tabi over mercs is if they have at least 3+ solid melee carries. Tryn, yi, and ww for example.

#4 Don't get phage. Get rylais since you want every item that builds up to it as well. End of story.

#5 Akali isn't slow. Akali has great run speed. Akali has great chasing capabilities such as, oh I don't know, shadow dance? Shroud? How about instead of Tri-force you get Rylais which you can perma slow since all her skills proc it's slow? Hmmm...

#6 Guinsoo's is great, but not as an early game item on Akali. Wait until late game when you have a Z Ring and a half stacked Meja's to synergize that guinsoo with.

#7 Some games last a long time. The only item built from BFS I would ever suggest getting in rare cases would be an IE. I've used it on her before and its a decent item if you have the gold to drop on it and nothing else to upgrade.

#8 Since you suggest armor pen I'm guessing you are talking about Akali AD build. The only bad thing about Akali AD builds is that it doesn't provide the damage burst that AP does since AD only scales with 1/2 of your mark and 2/3 of your Cresent.

#9 If anything I would substitute Exhuast for Flash or Cleanse.

1234567 ... 13