Akali Build?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Catnium

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

If you want attack speed for realy cheap than just buy a zeal imo . if your lucky you can make enough gold to upgrade it to a dancer
but even if you dont its still 20% ias and another 8% move speed for just over 1100g

Montegomery

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-21-2010

Catnium > me. I don't know how I forgot Zeal.

Siky

07-21-2010

For value's sake, let's just agree Guinsoo is great for it's value. You can't compare it with Rylai's though, you're getting Rylai's for survivability and utility. Guinsoo is purely for offensive reasons.

Guinsoo is great if you don't need slow to kill. Also having these long ass builds make no sense really. Most games end after your first 3 1/2 items, seriously. The difference after that really is negligible.

- * Boots
- * Rylai's / Triforce (I guess, I don't like Triforce though so meh, but I don't like AD either on Akali)
- Guinsoo
- Lich Bane
- Zhonya's

Basically after your first 2 items, if you're not dying or in danger of dying, you can continue to pretty much build anything you want without much repercussion.

I personally go Boots of Mobility, Rylai's, Zhonya's and the game ends. The issue really isn't what items to build when you're doing good because honestly, it doesn't really matter. I could build Kage Picks for the rest of the game it wouldn't matter much to me. If I had a **** start or can't kill anybody, that's when I need a new item build. I can't save up money for items that won't help me survive more or less. Zhonya's can save you, but if you are having trouble with the active being useful, you'll have to stop going all those silly attack items and settle for a survivability item.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoFFacet View Post
Nashor's would be the obvious choice, but after going Rylais --> Lich Bane, does one get Nashors then? Or wait until after ZRing? Or until after ZRing + Guinsoo's?
Typically the way I would order it is by the needs of the previous item.

Rylai's in and of itself is for survivability, the AP and the slow are extra goodies so it doesn't really need anything to accompany it other than an item that while bolster your damage.

If you decide you want to go Lich Bane, because it's passive is dependent on the user's AP, why not go straight for the item that gives you the biggest bang for your AP buck which is Zhonya's Ring which gives you 100 more AP than Guinsoo.

Now getting Nashor's is a bit tricky. If you're going Nashor's, you won't be rushing it. Currently I run Rylai's > Stinger > Zhonya's > Nashor's if I'm doing well. This with 21/0/9 and Attack Speed Marks allows me to be a credible threat by myself in pushing a lane (someone's gotta do it and it's not like that Zilean or Soraka are exactly great late game pushers). Dropping a shroud in a fight and then the CDR helping lower your next shroud can be helpful in certain situations where you need to fall back or possible need to fight multiple opponents. CDR isn't important late game if you don't ever plan to fight without your team mates as you only need shroud once a fight if that's the case.

I actually think the best AP items currently for Akali are Rylai's, Zhonya's, Lich Bane and then Guinsoo. Playing properly and you really only need the HP and slow from Shroud and Rylai's along with Zhonya's to defend yourself with removing your need for an additional late game survival item instead of more damage. Plus, you're playing Akali, more damage is always good.

SoFFacet

07-21-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siky View Post
Rylai's in and of itself is for survivability, the AP and the slow are extra goodies so it doesn't really need anything to accompany it other than an item that while bolster your damage.

I personally go Boots of Mobility, Rylai's, Zhonya's and the game ends.
Akali desperately needs all 3 of Rylai's boosts which is why it's her key item. This is just semantics but I would actually identify the slow as the particular boost which is several times more important than the others, at least for Akali.

Also I would encourage you to do the math comparing Lich Bane and Zhonya's Ring. For basically any conceivable combo, Rylai's + Lich Bane comes out ahead of Rylai's + Zhonya's by like, hundreds of damage. I suppose one could still prefer ZRing for its active, but to me, thats sketch. Keep in mind Lich Bane also has movespeed and resist.