Help for Ahri AD build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xocolatl

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cenerae View Post
Ahri has .66 + .75 + .3 + .9 = 2.61 combined AP ratio

Annie by comparison has .7 + .75 + .2 + .7 = 2.35 combined ap ratio, .2 of which comes from her shield and isn't reliable damage.

And nobody complains about Annie's damage.

If you want to be a special snowflake, go right ahead and do that. Just don't ever expect anyone to take you seriously, OP. AD Ahri will be about as effective as crittlesticks. Actually, crittlesticks would work better due to a longer duration CC. And crittlesticks is not a good build to use against anyone with a brain.
AD champs are mostly about AA. Mobility is what they need, and mobility Ahri has. With an excellent CC to boot. (imagine AD Sion..he does not needinsane scaling because being a mage means he gets good CC built in).

I would look toward AD Ez or AP WW or hybrid corki for build ideas, mostly.

AMonkeyCourier

01-08-2012

No, AD champs are about steroids/farming utility.

Cenerae

01-08-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xocolatl View Post
AD champs are mostly about AA. Mobility is what they need, and mobility Ahri has. With an excellent CC to boot. (imagine AD Sion..he does not needinsane scaling because being a mage means he gets good CC built in).

I would look toward AD Ez or AP WW or hybrid corki for build ideas, mostly.
AD Sion has a reliable stun, a huge AS and lifesteal steroid that offers team healing as utility, a passive AD steroid, and innate tankiness through his shield, passive, and hp gain from enrage.

AD Ahri has 3 dashes and a skillshot cc. Her range is also mediocre as far as ranged champs go. She has nothing really going for her as a carry - her pokes won't do much damage, she has no steroids, and if she misses her charm she no longer brings anything to the fight except an unboosted right click.

Felix67

01-08-2012

OP,if u had kindly asked for any AD ideas for Ahri in your post,instead of trying to persuade people that AD ahri is better than AP (which btw you have wrong facts about),i think you would get your desired answer.

Anyway,if you so wanna try AD ahri,grab her a trinity at least at start and try to manipulate your R charges to proc it most.Then proceed with IE and BT or w/e...but i hope you will see sometime that you have wasted 1 of the best AP gankers around.

PlayGooYa

01-08-2012

Oh it's this joker again.

He came into some other thread claiming that MR shuts down Ahri and claimed that people who only play pure AP glass cannon think she's good. Leaving aside the viability of AD Ahri, he's generalizing and needs to be called out on it.

I made this point before in the other thread, but I gravitate to items with utility or magic penetration on Ahri. Magic penetration is generally better on Ahri for the money you're spending than pure AP items, so magic penetration should be a part of your Ahri build. Items like Mercury Treads, Will of the Ancients, Tear and Rylai's all add considerably to Ahri's survivability without needing to build her particularly tanky. They allow her to sustain, kite and poke, poke, poke, poke.

If the other team has a guy building a lot of MR to be tanky, then:
a) You are doing something right, because you are forcing a counter-build.
b) You don't want to be shooting their tank anyway.
c) You can still disrupt the tank's initiate and peel him off of teammates with Charm.

You should only get items like Deathcap if the other term is derping and refusing to build MR and even then, only after you've gotten at least a couple utility items.

The other thing is that Ahri doesn't need a whole lot of AP to be an incredible mid-laner. She can push right up to the tower and harass constantly and afford to get away with it. Two Rings + WoA will one shot minions by mid-game and make it near-impossible to push you out.

Mambazo

01-08-2012

Why does OP think that there is some hidden passive to MR that makes it work better against Ahri than other AP users?

Panikattak

01-08-2012

I like the part where he tries really hard to prove an AD build works on Ahri. Yet, doesn't have an AD build for her, and is asking us for advice on how to build her AD. But is still very certain it works better than AP.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

I am not seeing an actual good argument for going AD with Ahri. Your own original post seems to be more in favor of AP than AD.

You list great AP ratios and how AD does absolutely nothing with your skills. She also has absolutely no autoattack steriod or attack resetter,etc. Even her passive vamps off of her skills.

So WHY...why would you think that AD is a good idea with Ahri exactly? Your argument about them getting a Banshess is absolutely retarded... can't they just get a Thornmail too vs AD, which is a much better counter?

AD is not the only alternative to AP glass cannon. You can certainly just buff her up a bit while still including AP. Get rod of ages or rylais for big health booster. Abyssal scepter for magic resist, plus offense. Hourglass for armor and AP.
That build would be plenty non-glass cannon while still playing to her strengths.

Poohmandude

01-09-2012

So youre saying that even if she has no AD ratios at all, but still building her AD (despite her base stats scaling as a mage and not AD) and even though you said so yourself that her ratios are "extremely good" , AD is still the better choice? Does that even make sense?

So the breakdown:
Ahri has extremely good AP ratios
Yet even with these ratios, her dmg sucks
So lets build her AD even if she has no ratios becuz obviously AD with no ratios beats a mage with "extremely good" ratios.
Thank you OP for being the biggest joke of my day

EDIT: OP, checking out ur match history, i like how ALL of your builds with ahri are AP. that truly backs up ur argument >.>

FaerellG

01-09-2012

He's a troll. It's pretty obvious by now. You guys who are taking him seriously got trolled.