Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Help for Ahri AD build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

KatarinaCatKitty

01-07-2012

To all who say she is AP and should only be played as AP this place is not for you.

I'm looking for an AD Ahri build and have tested out a few but it seems all I have tryed only work well if I get fed in the beginning which isn't something you should be expecting. Does anyone have a good AD build that may work for Ahri? Nomral AD carry builds do not work well on her as I have found out.

Now if the people who still think she is AP and she should only be AP have read this far for one reason or another here is why she is not. It is true all of her skill have only AP ratios and I will not deny that but lets take a look shale we?

Orb of Deception: 0.33 AP ratio + 0.33 AP true damage ratio; CD 7 seconds max level
Fox Fire: 0.38 AP ratio, max AP ratio to single target 0.75 AP ratio; CD 5 seconds max level
Charm: 0.35 AP ratio; CD 12 seconds max level
Spirit Rush: 0.3 AP ratio multiply buy 3; CD 1 minute max level

These are extremely good AP ratios if you are playing againt a bunch of idiots who go pure glass cannon, but if you are fighting againt anyone smart enough to get a BV and/or FoN your Orb of Deception only real form of damage is the true damage which is less or equal to that of a normal auto attack from an AD carry not counting a Crit hit, this means all that AD carry needs to do is attack once and all that true damage you delt is healed back. Your Fox Fire's AP ratio is decent but not enough to really be helpful in killing someone with one of the items mention. Charm is now only a "taunt" with no damage, and Spirit Rush does nice damage but at the cost of a minute CD and a low damage ulti that has no business being on an assassin.

Now why to go AD?

Orb of Deception: No AD ratio; the true damage wont have changed much from AP Ahri. Maby 150 damage max nothing big enough to make me care.
Fox Fire: No AD ratio; useless skill for AD Ahri but may have some hidden uses still looking into it.
Charm: No AD ratio; 2 second max level "walk to me" taunt. Very useful for an AD carry mine as well be a stun just one that makes them move to you so when it is over they have to run even further to get away from you.
Spirit Rush: No AD ratio; Very useful for AD Ahri. Can be used as a chase down or an escape at the cost of a minute CD.

From this I would do more damage going AD then I would if I went AP.

AMonkeyCourier

01-07-2012

0.66 ratio AOE Q that has a true damage component.

1.14 ratio W or 0.75 to a single target.

2 second taunt that ensures the true damage component of your Q lands.

2.7 ratio ult that also instantly repositions yourself up to 3 times.

You need to get a better brain.

KatarinaCatKitty

01-07-2012

Quote:
AMonkeyCourier:
You need to get a better brain.

and you need to be fourm banned. 0.66 ap ratio that has a "true damage component" ok look at what I've posted again and think for once. Once anyone buys a BV and/or a FoN that 0.66 ap ratio that has a true damage component becomes a 0.33 ap ratio that does true damage which AGAIN like i said is less then or equal to an AD carries auto attack not counting a crit hit. Let me add a bit more on to this. Orb also has a 7 second CD where an AD carry normally attacks 2.5 times every second so by seven seconds they have attacked 17.5 times where as you only attacked once.

AMonkeyCourier

01-08-2012

Therefore all AP carries are useless when you could be using an AD carry instead.

KatarinaCatKitty

01-08-2012

Quote:
AMonkeyCourier:
Therefore all AP carries are useless when you could be using an AD carry instead.

Not at all. The only problem with AP Ahri is that she gets shut down alot harder then any other AP carry if the enemy builds MR.

AMonkeyCourier

01-08-2012

ಠ_ಠ

Stevefin

01-08-2012

....Is OP high?

Cenerae

01-08-2012

Ahri has .66 + .75 + .3 + .9 = 2.61 combined AP ratio

Annie by comparison has .7 + .75 + .2 + .7 = 2.35 combined ap ratio, .2 of which comes from her shield and isn't reliable damage.

And nobody complains about Annie's damage.

If you want to be a special snowflake, go right ahead and do that. Just don't ever expect anyone to take you seriously, OP. AD Ahri will be about as effective as crittlesticks. Actually, crittlesticks would work better due to a longer duration CC. And crittlesticks is not a good build to use against anyone with a brain.

Titan9900

01-08-2012

hmm I didn't think any one would actually consider ahri as a AD build. I would like to see more AD+AP combination champions cause they make for interesting builds . However, saying that Ahri just gains tones more advantages over building her AD.

Still if you really want to build her AD I would suggest to get items that have some AP on them. Possible items that would work well on a AD/AP ahri build could be.

Hextech Gunblade
Nashors tooth

I wouldn't play her anything other than AP but those would probably be the best items if you were going for a AD build.

PerfidiousAlbion

01-08-2012

Quote:
moko0chan:
Not at all. The only problem with AP Ahri is that she gets shut down alot harder then any other AP carry if the enemy builds MR.

How's that? If anything she's actually slightly less affected by MR because one of her main damage spells is half true damage.