Amumu?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Purple Puma

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Whats Amumu like in Dom?

Xanthic

01-05-2012

Pretty kick ass. But for some reason, rarely played. I guess most people that try him out, don't do as good and then never give him another try.

Phourc

01-05-2012

Fun as hell, but easily kitable. Best to hang out with an ally or two so that if they focus on avoiding you, your carries can eat them. xP

Black Lyon

01-05-2012

I think he's a sleeper pick on Dom. One of the more powerful champs that nobody plays.

AileTheAlien

01-05-2012

Build him tank, with maxed CDR, lots of health, mana, and some AP. His stuns, and AoE spells are great for defending points, and team-fights.

My usual build (depending on time/gold):
- boots, ruby crystal, sapphire crystal, potions
- finish rod of ages first
- if the enemy has stealth, hextech sweeper, otherwise second rod of ages
- mercury treads
- frozen heart, force of nature, and/or sunfire cape, depending on enemy team

The sweeper works great with his AoE spells. Rylai's is sub-par on him, IMHO, since it only works at 15% slow for his spells; his stuns eat into the slow time, anyways. If you really want to slow people, get a frozen mallet somewhere in that build, but otherwise the 5-second CD on his toss is enough to catch up to people, and keep them in place.

ZallKlos

01-05-2012

Great if somehow Alistar, Blitzcrank, Leona, Maokai, Rammus, Skarner are all banned.

NavyGothic

01-05-2012

I think he's decent, but other tanks offer more consistent CC. Amumu is all about landing a good ult, and small skirmishes happen so much more frequently on Dominion that it's not always going to be ready.

When his ult is down, he's basically a walking AOE DoT with a good gap-closer. Sometimes that might work well, but if I have squishies to protect then I greatly prefer Ali (I don't play them, but Leona or Mao are great disrupters too).

brossef

01-05-2012

you need a good team comp so that will work with your ult, it is very hard to 1v1 someone of a turret as amumu unless you go ap amumu. hes good but like ZallKlos said all those people do the same job but better.

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

He's a boss if you can land bandage toss. My buddy plays him and does very well. There are stronger picks, but his ult has amazing synergy with many other champs and bandage toss > despair > tantrum make him quite formidable and overall a solid champ. Don't bother though if you can't land bandage toss, cause it's the key. Enemy trying to cap windmill .. bandage toss > curse of the sand mummy > despair > tantrum .. if you have teammates around, the enemy just melts. Not the best champ in the game, but if you can play him better than other non-banned champs, he's a good initiator and defender.

Kuronue

01-05-2012

I love Amumu. Here's a clip of one of my Dominion games as Amumu. Might entertain you!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aY__ppBt4lo&context=C3483b30ADOEgsToPDskJv hEdNL1cl_1SDy_UOB6Zs