New version of Summoners Rift? WHEN IS IT COMING!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Solidale

01-07-2012

Ok so is it jsut me or is anyone else really wanting Riot to focus on a new map for Summoners Rift instead of releasing a bunch of these terrible skins nowadays? Alot of the new champs are also really just remakes and mashups of old champs.

Can Riot please look at this and really put some effort into designing a new map for Summoners Rift/Twisted Treeline?

Lotter Reed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

How can there be a new map for Summoner's Rift if SR itself is a map?
You mean a 5v5 map? And that's not coming this year. They still have to do the stealth remake, Jax remake with dodge removal, and so on.

Ace Henry

01-07-2012

I would like a new map :/

TyrPM

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

Would LOVE to see new maps then champions/skins. 2 years and no actual new maps but there was a new mode can give them that much at least. Gets stale after awhile, 90 champions and the same few are always picked basically with the same maps. Zzz, Eventually they will need to make new maps or they will lose their player base when something better/newer comes out.

MaxxDeath

01-08-2012

A new 5v5 map would be THE BIGGEST step for lol.
love the new champs and all, but a new map would be so much funner. But i don think this will come anytime soon since they cant charge people money for it like they can skins and champs.

Have to hand it to them with dominion though they did a good job.

RKO82423

09-16-2014

the new summoner right should be focused on because many people are waiting to see the new model of it. Yes the skins and champs that are coming out are cool but the new summoner rift is more important. Many people are just dreading to see it and skins and champs should come out later too. But if some of the champs and skins that riot are making right now should be continued too but try to finish the new map please. Thank You

Riot JxE

Technical Artist

09-16-2014
1 of 6 Riot Posts

Hey there!

I want to assure you we're working hard on the visual update to Summoner's Rift. The skins/champs team are a completely different team and no resources are being lost on SR because of new skins/champs.

We're currently spending a lot of time focusing on bug fixing and performance optimization to make sure the map runs awesome on everyone's computers. The last thing we want to do is release the map with major bugs/crashes and stop people from playing

So all of that being said, when we feel like it's in a place where we can ship without causing any major issues on any computers we'll release it. I know it looks awesome and you're excited about it (we are too!) but we want to make sure everyone can still play without issues when we make the switch.

Quester1142

09-16-2014

Please do not have the new Summoners Rift map update require a massive amount of processing power. My laptop can already barely run the game at 50fps since the new visual updates since 2013. Dont make this a heavy processing game. It never was. It doesnt need to be. Please dont...

Dhenz

09-16-2014

So when is the Sion rework coming out?

iCore The Second

09-16-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quester1142 View Post
Please do not have the new Summoners Rift map update require a massive amount of processing power. My laptop can already barely run the game at 50fps since the new visual updates since 2013. Dont make this a heavy processing game. It never was. It doesnt need to be. Please dont...
FPS is mostly based on your GPU (graphics card) if ur running 50 fps on ur laptop right now, you'll most likely be fine. At most, you'll loose 4-5 fps cuz of more textures. The processing power doesnt really influence fps that much.

50 FPS for a laptop is actually really good, lol. my crappy laptop gets ~15-20 fps on minimum settings..... and its from 2004. So you're fine mate.