why so much hate for back door?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cauldrath

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtainSales View Post
Yea its annoying if the enemy team has a sole purpose to back door. I.E. shaco with phantoms and boots of mobility. That will win a game. Either every team has to have a designated back door every game to even it out, or ban any champ that has a reasonable way to carry out the role.
When this tactic catches on, it will become as common as a having a jungler in 5v5 map. Pretty much every game. Theres just no realistic way to defend a back door champ like shaco...
Did you try hitting him until he runs back into the jungle to recall to base so he can come back and be useless again?

Taenaryn

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtainSales View Post
Yea its annoying if the enemy team has a sole purpose to back door. I.E. shaco with phantoms and boots of mobility. That will win a game. Either every team has to have a designated back door every game to even it out, or ban any champ that has a reasonable way to carry out the role.
When this tactic catches on, it will become as common as a having a jungler in 5v5 map. Pretty much every game. Theres just no realistic way to defend a back door champ like shaco...
Sure there is. See that unprotected turret of yours? That's where Shaco's going. Come up behind in the FoW, wait in the brush, and gank the heck out of Shaco when he starts channelling.

With Shaco, I'd add to try to attack him from an unpredictable route. He'll probably have the approach boxed... but if you were waiting in the brush for him, you watched him do it. Best person to gank Shaco in that situation is someone who can initiate well over a decent distance, like Talon.

AnyOtherEnemy

01-07-2012

Because it never, ever works until at least like 10-12 minutes in. The spawn times are too short and the mid/bot points are too close to fountain, you always end up doing the following:

1. Decap bot or mid.
2. Enemy team takes windmill since you're not there.
3. Enemy from fountain interupts your cap of bot/mid.
4. More enemies show up and you're forced to leave and bot/mid get re-capped.

In the end you lose points and you hurt your team.

Teetengee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

The key is taking top and then back dooring.

lbgsloan

01-08-2012

A strategic backdoor can win game. People who backdoor 24/7 single-handedly lose games for their team, and is the reason why PB was removed from the game. It is also the main reason I fear having a Shaco or Eve on my team in blind pick.

Ensign

01-08-2012

The point of backdooring a point is to force the enemy team to fight you in the jungle instead of on their point.

If they have 4 guys sitting on windmill, attacking the 4 guys there is stupid. Pushing a guy to their mid point, with 3 guys waiting in the jungle, makes them come down to respond; it gets you your jungle fight, where you can position to have an advantage.

But it is frequently a team activity; sending one guy to backdoor while 3 guys try to poke at windmill is an exercise in futility.

TheColeslaw

01-08-2012

Not going to lie, my team today back doored because we were down by 100, ended up a final score with us surviving on 1 nexus health point to win it. They just pushed harder than us so we needed to attack from the rear ;]

KrYoS

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-08-2012

The only time I see backdooring working well is when they have 3 or 4 top and you backdoor their mid as a team, THEN are able to hold them off and come back up and take top. If you are talking solo backdooring as someone like rammus, shaco (more effective than most, but still bad idea), zil (with tons of mobility troll build) or **** like that, then it's just costing your team. I also hate when people try to push 2 bot and can't pull it off while top is getting slayed. Don't try to double up on bot lane unless you are 80% or so sure you can cap it, otherwise it's another bad move I see people make.

I guess there is one other scenario I've seen where it can kind of work and that's when you have 3 people holding top who manage to kill 1 or 2 of them and you have time to at least cap their mid with your 4th to make it neutral. This can buy you some some extra time for top lane to back and buy.

Backdooring though is almost always a sign of fail players and team. There are very few times when it offers any sort of tactical advantage. I will say this, however. If they have 4 sitting top and you can't push their top tower, you might as well, AS A GROUP, try to take their mid and force them out of fortified positions. This is really the only "backdoor" strat I've seen used effectively, and then only as a last resort.