why so much hate for back door?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Divinemind

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

There is nothing wrong with back dooring, sometimes its necessary

Narog

01-07-2012

are we talking about dominion?

yea is good but dont do it when there is a point to defend

Cauldrath

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divinemind View Post
sometimes its necessary
This is why people hate backdooring, because it also implies that it sometimes it is not, and people do it anyway.

Also, people who backdoor all game tend to wind up with higher scores relative to their actual contribution and also tend to be the ones who like to talk about score. Back when Priscilla's was still around, they'd also run around with that and Boots of Mobility, which actually made them terrible at anything but backdooring, and even pretty bad at that compared to someone with a good 1v1 build.

jars

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-07-2012

backdooring isn't how you win games in dom

VhakulaKhaulepi

01-07-2012

It's the worst when someone backdoors mid at the beginning and gets your top pwned. I had a Karthus do that. He bailed on top, capped mid. The idiots on the other team rushed him at low health (after they slew us), killed him, stood in his aoe. He got a freakin' triple kill for really hurting his team's chances. I mean he lost mid fast, so we ended up with just two bases and everyone dead but bot. Yeah, they had three down, but three dead is better than four dead and three bases is better than two bases. At least Karthus started with a good k/d/a. Am I right?!

Taenaryn

01-07-2012

I've done what that Karthus did, and it worked. We took top, and when they rushed back home, we wiped them out on their mid. But at the time, I wasn't needed at Windmill. I waited in the FoW near top to see how the battle would go and to pick the weakest target, but I wasn't needed at all so I continued to their neutral mid. The apparent difference between me and your Karthus is that I checked to see if I was needed at Mid first. Usually, you *are* needed, so you can't do it often. But if you aren't, it offers a four-point decisive lead AND can net you cleanup kills.

Like any strategy, backdooring needs to be used... you know... STRAGICALLY.

Stutta Step

01-07-2012

Backdooring in Dominion has its time and place most definitely and often times its REQUIRED much more in Dom than in SR.

ZallKlos

01-07-2012

Same why warriors from every past cultures considered that it was dishonorable to defeat enemies by striking them from behind. You're attacking them when they can't fight back instead of going for a direct confrontation.

But meh... victory at all cost.

Zzym

01-07-2012

It can actually be usefull in some cases . Like when you simply can t take back top and wish to attract their attention elsewhere . Wich can lead to taking top .

But doing it all the time is not effective . You basically need a team that can 3v4+turret . Oh , and that s considering you have a good bot .

Now do the math in solo blind ...

CurtainSales

01-07-2012

Yea its annoying if the enemy team has a sole purpose to back door. I.E. shaco with phantoms and boots of mobility. That will win a game. Either every team has to have a designated back door every game to even it out, or ban any champ that has a reasonable way to carry out the role.
When this tactic catches on, it will become as common as a having a jungler in 5v5 map. Pretty much every game. Theres just no realistic way to defend a back door champ like shaco...