What champs are good on Dominion?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

The only champs that I find are bad in dominion are those that are bad in everymode (aka my name is mundo)

Dr Evěl

Recruiter

01-09-2012

Rammus. Rediculous skillset for dominion.

Gojna

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-09-2012

What's with all the Shen hate?

Shen falls under the "if you don't know how to play him you'll suck" category. I play him in Dominion all the time (especially since my main, Rammus, is generally loathed by everyone) and do quite well, generally placing in the top three on my team. I've gotten triple kills at the start of games with him, and his multi-taunt is really helpful for chasing down enemies and slowing captures/ganks on teammates.

Part of it is building him; unlike Rammus, he still relies on following the "build the tank based on the enemy team" rule, though with two armor or MR items, he's ready for health stacking. I generally end up with a 1:1 ratio, with a **** ton of assists and just as many captures as anyone else, as well.

XaoGarrent

01-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricklessabandon View Post
note that the mage and carry champs i listed can pretty much go top or bot without issue.
You should really be a little more specific with this. Vayne is pretty bad bottom if the enemy bottom has any kind of pushing power, and Graves should really be listed in both lists simply because he really is equally good at either. He's also not the best at either, but he's nice if you want a character who can handle top or bot as needed.

TsubakiMK III

Recruiter

01-10-2012

red are you trolling? those choices are either wrong build or wrong side of the map lol

MVpmack

01-10-2012

re: Sona

I personally think Sona is excellent for Dom. Aria of Perseverence, while not an amazing heal thanks to Dom's heal scaling, gives a large armor/MR buff for a few seconds to both her and her lucky teammate. Her ult wins teamfights, period, and Q > powerchord Q does terrifying amounts of damage. This is in addition to her "weak" movespeed buff, which she grants to her whole team and lets them travel the map together better and faster.

She doesn't win games on her own, but she makes a good team great. Pair her with a strong buddy to support like XZ, Trynd, Riven, Vayne, etc. and she will give her buddy a lot of assists.

re: Trist

I personally think she's second-string, but she's totally usable. Post-level 11 her range is ridiculous, and her rocket jump lets her get into good positions or escape bad situations. I think Vayne and Cait are better Dominion picks, but she's not bad.

Characters that I think don't do well are much in the same vein as the previous list:

Amumu - hard to play well but totally viable
Annie - not enough frequency of bursts; once she fires she's spent for a long time, making her very baitable
Cho - kind of a bad pick except in a few specific matchups where he is very strong
Eve - not terrible, but takes a lot of work to do well; most eve players think that stealth means backdoor all game
Fiddle - smaller-scale teamfights and the general prevalence of CC make him easily countered; still strong if not countered and multi-target silence is always amazing in teamfights
Garen - much harder to decide when to commit to a fight in Dom for him
Katarina - extremely reliant on ult to do damage; ult easily countered
Morde - doesn't play well with others top; has many counters bottom, scales badly
Nasus - much like Cho, only good in a few specific matchups
Nunu - see Kat; bad kit for Dominion
Shyvana - never gets to the immense lategame power that she can reach in SR; in rare situations, she can be absurd
Teemo - can be played well, but the signal to noise ratio on him is extremely high
Vlad - playable, but much harder to win with than other champs; his ult still really wins fights

Naturally, some people disagree (I think Fiddle is weaker than popular opinion, I think Sona is underrated, etc) but I think that the available pool of champs is pretty large.