Why do we need war? A short speech by a fellow summoner.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TI Nike

01-06-2012

Warfare is unnecessary.. why do we have it. Why would anyone start it? Warfare is not needed. We need this thing called PEACE. Those corrupted politicians.. just evil. I have a dream, that one day this world will be in harmony. This world will be in peace and stability. I have a dream that our younger generations will be born into a very beautiful world and are fortunate to live in a world like that! I, alias SoYummyAzn, have a dream that one day, this world we live in will achieve this thing we called peace!

os0303

01-06-2012

yeah, Noxus disagrees.

Fenix12345

01-06-2012

They say the dead are at peace, that's what they're trying to acheive. Or maybe I'm thinking about it the wrong way...

belthazor3457

01-06-2012

You see peace as an alternative to war, yet it is war and bloodshed that provide people with the freedoms they take for granted. So really, it's a choice between freedom or security, and you know what they say:

"He who trades away his freedom in return for some security deserves neither freedom nor security."

-----------------------------------------
Edited to test an upload

Jaykoboy

01-06-2012

I think that quote is just slightly off. I play Civ IV, and that's one of the quotes on there, so it's been integrated into my memory.

'He who trades away freedom for security will deserve neither, and loose both.'

Also, here's a thought: Without war, where would your precious CoD: MW3 be? In the trash bin.

TI Nike

01-06-2012

....I am ASTOUNDED, that many of you agree to warfare.
By my will, war will die off and peace will be brought over to this wretched world of Runeterra. Noxus will either co-exist with peace or shall be negotiated. No need for violence. War is not needed. I shall use my own strategy. It is the ultimate battle strategy. To avoid battle by removing an enemy's will to fight!

Jaykoboy

01-06-2012

Hey, we could try the idea for world peace I sent to the president, namely nuke everyone except the person who has the nukes, and then everyone will be fine. No more overpopulation, no more war between countries, and no more limit to resources! Pure eutopia.

Also, without warfare, we won't be getting any new maps. Think of it THAT way.

TI Nike

01-06-2012

Sounds like a dictatorship.
New maps? You got me there..

Whober

01-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoYummyAzn View Post
Warfare is unnecessary.. why do we have it. Why would anyone start it? Warfare is not needed. We need this thing called PEACE. Those corrupted politicians.. just evil. I have a dream, that one day this world will be in harmony. This world will be in peace and stability. I have a dream that our younger generations will be born into a very beautiful world and are fortunate to live in a world like that! I, alias SoYummyAzn, have a dream that one day, this world we live in will achieve this thing we called peace!
if there was no war, then why would I hide in the bushes?-garen

Super Explosion

01-09-2012

With limited resources, there will always be a dispute as to who gets them.

That's why all creatures in the world evolve around obtaining food energy and not becoming food themselves.

A human-viable approximation of the constant "war" the natural world experiences is economics-- where in theory, the more effectively you work at producing resources, the larger share you get yourself.

The other human applications of it tend to be more troubling to other people, like killing your competition for their apple trees, or stealing the produce.