How to Galio?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bendial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Hi Guys,

Been playing around with Galio a bit and he seems like a pretty difficult champ. His Q is hard to land because its kinda slow, I'm not sure who/when I should be throwing down my W (shield), and in what situations do I use my E (other than chasing or getting away). Past couple games I've gotten like 15-20+ assists so I suppose I'm doing my job as a tank/support, just want to learn to do it better

Maximusx

01-06-2012

He indeed is demanding to play, but rewarding.

Spam the heck out of his Q(with right runes and items can take 30%-40% health of squishies) in lane phase and try to max out early while leaving his w and e at lvl 1. Since it is slow;always try to predict where there going rather than the spot they are at. Also, its very mana demanding take 1 or 2 mana pots or man summoner spell. Extremely good sustain.

Save his W for gank escapes and allies. Its armor and magic resistance gain is high so it definitely makes the difference between a death,tower dives and a escape.

Once i maxed out his Q, i usually leave his E at lvl 3 then max out W. Good for helping carrys catch up to enemy champions in chases and escaping the hell out tight spots.

His ulti is amazing in team fights, it is very possible to penta kill because of its taunt effect. One tip, never use it 1v1 unless your by an ally turret or your absolutely sure(low health enemy) its going to kill. Galio DPS isnt very high plus its cooldown is extremely long youd just be wasting it.

Hope this helps!

Bendial

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Good advice, thanks man ya I wasted his ult a couple times, it's always a facepalm moment.

Skagwatcher

01-06-2012

Its best to flash into the middle of the enemy team, pop your W on yourself then immediately pop your ulti. Guarantees your survival and a good teamfight

NapalmBrain

01-06-2012

build a chalice > frozen heart should be your first armor item no matter what you need the CD reduction, proceed to build BV/FON to keep stacking your MR a Deathcap can be nice later if you have the money to spare

Sky Sanctum

01-06-2012

I like to play Galio a lot, mostly top lane or bot lane support where I really push around their ad range.
If I'm playing top, I'll run Null Magic Mantle into Mercury's, and then rush FoN > Glacial Shroud > Sunfire Cape. I get a lot of wtf because of the Sunfire, but I like the way it plays with his ult, and it makes it riskier for champs to chase you down if your gust is on cooldown and you need to rely on your shield. Late game, Abyssal/Guardian/Banshees. If you need to be more tanky, drop the Abyssal, if your carries are doing their jobs, I'll forgo Guardian. And, if I need the extra armor, I'll finish the Glacial into Frozen Heart. (That's rarely ever needed) I used standard tank runes and masterys.

Inb4 downvotes, lol.

ProtoViktor

01-07-2012

You're a tank but if you're facing someone with small amounts of MR early game take advantage and get free kills, an extra tome will be the reason you're 6/0 in 15 minutes. As for landing your Q, in lane it's super easy, just wait for them to hit a minion and hit them from there.

Rokkye

01-07-2012

Full AP runes and masteries plus ignite mastery plus 20 ap book plus his passive = biggst possible AP kickoff
something like 90
aHEUEHUEHUHUihuehuEHUEHUeheuEHUHeueHU

Haunchbones

01-07-2012

galio can farm super hard and has great sustain, great mid pick too

Queen Sejuani

01-07-2012

Galio is anti AP, so he is extremely viable in mid. For example he is a huge counter to Cassiopea, who frankly dominates 90% of her enemines in mid.

I build him more AP offtank instead off full tank. Chalice, Merc treads, Giants belt, Glacial shroud, RoA, Rylais, Banshee, Frozen Heart sell Chalice for Rabadon.

Most of the time, it doesn't last that long though, and usually finishes after Rylais, during Banshee or after Banshee.

As for gameplay, usually try to throw your W on the one that is getting alot of fire on him. If carries are getting attacked, throw it on them etc.

Skill order is all dependant on who you play, I usually get them low, then Q>E> ignite for the kill. Which means I max Q then E. But there is times where I just max W over E, it's all feeling.

At the beginning try 2 mana pots or so, this should keep you enough in lane till you go back for your Chalice, after that you won't ever go oom.

Also, off tank Galio ult HURTS ridiculously. The only read downside is, last hitting can be slightly harder since you are melee. Normally that isn't a problem for me though because Merc and Chalice, and an early Negatron or something, makes you really hard to kill in lane. Even without the Negatron it is ridiculous.