Weapons that Riot hasn't used yet for champions.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZiggyOnMars

01-11-2012

Portal Gun

alucir

01-11-2012

Sword chucks

Sprayed

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliete View Post

- voice
Fuuuuuuuus Rooooo Daaaaaah!

Firellius

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprayed View Post
Fuuuuuuuus Rooooo Daaaaaah!
Sad example.

Try Tales of the Abyss.

I Am A Person

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-11-2012

flying guillotine? you know the thing that looks like a hat attached to a chain which you put on someones head then you pull the chain and it cuts the head off (from china)

Celebi

Recruiter

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliete View Post
Just thought that a list should be made about what weapons.

Edit: K so many people have been saying "Oh but we have a gunblade, hextech gunblade" Or "Soraka's Divine skin has a flute" So as true as these may be, what this thread is looking for is weapons for champions to actually use on the Fields of Justice, so items in the shop or ones shown in skins don't count.

So far we haven't seen:
- Gunblade
- Whip
- Nun-chucks
- Tonfa
- Mirror (I was thinking of that Inuyasha character Kanna)
- Ball and Chain
- Wakizashi (for Iaido quick draw sword)
- Flute
- Dual spear (a weapon that has a spear head on each end)
- Shawl (can be used as a weapon I've seen it before)
- Chakram
- Rapier
- Scythe (the one for that Karthus skin doesn't as he uses it the same as his wand, and Fiddles uses a sickle apparently)
- Katar (like from the assassins in ragnarok on-line so a.k.a. dual wielding katar)
- Coiling Sword
- Cestus
- Laser Cannon
- Pet or Familiar (Not as in a summon like Yorick's ghost or Shaco and Leblanc's clones, but one that is actually with the champion and not something separate) (Also I know that Orianna has her orb, Swain has his bird and Nunu has Willump, therefore I am talking about other pets or familiars that haven't been used.)

Ones that people on this post mentioned
- Halberd
- Naginata
- Kusarigami
- Claymore
- Skateboard
- Scimitar
- Tomahawk
- Khopesh
- Sling or slingshot
- Atlatl
- Macana
- Flow wand
- Chicken Sickle (This is for real, to check it out here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chicken_sickles)
- Chain - Flail
- Dire Axe
- Double Bow
- Three Segmented Staff
- Bayonet
- Dual Shield
- Umbrella
- Dual sword
- Yo-yo
- Hook swords
- Sai
- Totem or Pillar
- Poleaxe
- War Hammer (Apparently people want someone to wield a two handed bludgeon type weapon)
- Guitar
- Whip Sword
- Telekinesis
- Voice

So if you guys have any ideas for a weapon leave a comment, maybe someone from Riot might get an idea for a champion their designing ^^
Its nice to see someone that watched Inuyasha, played RO, and posts threads in League of Legends forums. I'm the same haha.

Anyways, I'll give you my imput on your list because that's what I came here for. I also attached images from various games I played to show which would represent some weapons best, in your and my list.

- Nun-chucks (would be a waste, not epic enough if you ask me)
- Tonfa (good, but would have to be bad ass, not some girly fighting champ with wooden decorative Tonfas)
- Wakizashi (for Iaido quick draw sword) (waste, we have Shen, unless it was an awesome Samurai, this is a waste)
- Shawl (can be used as a weapon I've seen it before) (I honestly don't know how this would work..)
- Rapier (lol Final Fantasy Tactics :P)
- Scythe (unless its a big, long, Grim Reaper, two-handed Scythe, then it would work. Otherwise, no.)
- Katar (Talon's hand-blade looks heavily like a katar. Pay attention to it closely then look at Sin X sprites.)
- Coiling Sword (doesn't seem good enough to base a champion on it)
- Cestus (would work more just as a simple, additionnal accessory on a champion's design. Not good enough to base a champion on it)
- Laser Cannon (fair, but would be too OP, cuz I can't honestly think of anyways his kit wouldn't be OP, just the name "Laser Cannon" is OP.)
- Pet or Familiar (We have enough pets. A pet that would stay by a champion 24/7 and had his own hp would be just too OP. if he didn't, then it would just be an OP version of Morde's ghost, Shaco's clone, Annie's Tibbers and Yorick's ghosts.)

Here's a list of the weapons we REALLY need.

Two handed scythe (attached a pic of Gulcasa from Yggdra Union)
Dual Blades/Sabers (like the ones you see in Prince of Persia)
Machine Gun (A legit one, not a corki ability ripoff)
Anchor & chain (like in Guilty Gear X, attached a pic of May for this)
Thunder Cast Gloves/Knuckles
Android (with Jet Speed boots for gap closer, hand laser for ulti, switchblade for auto attacks)
A two handed Hammer (attached a pic of Yoshishiro from Samurai Warriors)
Another Bat'leth type weapon, like Renekton's (attached a pic of Milanor for this)

Aliete

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celebi View Post
Its nice to see someone that watched Inuyasha, played RO, and posts threads in League of Legends forums. I'm the same haha.

Anyways, I'll give you my imput on your list because that's what I came here for. I also attached images from various games I played to show which would represent some weapons best, in your and my list.

- Nun-chucks (would be a waste, not epic enough if you ask me)
- Tonfa (good, but would have to be bad ass, not some girly fighting champ with wooden decorative Tonfas)
- Wakizashi (for Iaido quick draw sword) (waste, we have Shen, unless it was an awesome Samurai, this is a waste)
- Shawl (can be used as a weapon I've seen it before) (I honestly don't know how this would work..)
- Rapier (lol Final Fantasy Tactics :P)
- Scythe (unless its a big, long, Grim Reaper, two-handed Scythe, then it would work. Otherwise, no.)
- Katar (Talon's hand-blade looks heavily like a katar. Pay attention to it closely then look at Sin X sprites.)
- Coiling Sword (doesn't seem good enough to base a champion on it)
- Cestus (would work more just as a simple, additionnal accessory on a champion's design. Not good enough to base a champion on it)
- Laser Cannon (fair, but would be too OP, cuz I can't honestly think of anyways his kit wouldn't be OP, just the name "Laser Cannon" is OP.)
- Pet or Familiar (We have enough pets. A pet that would stay by a champion 24/7 and had his own hp would be just too OP. if he didn't, then it would just be an OP version of Morde's ghost, Shaco's clone, Annie's Tibbers and Yorick's ghosts.)

Here's a list of the weapons we REALLY need.

Two handed scythe (attached a pic of Gulcasa from Yggdra Union)
Dual Blades/Sabers (like the ones you see in Prince of Persia)
Machine Gun (A legit one, not a corki ability ripoff)
Anchor & chain (like in Guilty Gear X, attached a pic of May for this)
Thunder Cast Gloves/Knuckles
Android (with Jet Speed boots for gap closer, hand laser for ulti, switchblade for auto attacks)
A two handed Hammer (attached a pic of Yoshishiro from Samurai Warriors)

Another Bat'leth type weapon, like Renekton's (attached a pic of Milanor for this)
So for the scythe I did mean for it to be 2-handed, like the one Arumat uses in Star Ocean 4. Now to address all that you said about why the weapons you singled out won't work.

Nun-chucks (Do you really think if Riot released a champion with this that they wouldn't be epic?)

Tonfa (Lol why would it be wooden?)

Wakizashi (Generally Riot uses asian style fighting such Iaido for Ionians and hence most likely if this would come out the champion will be samurai like.)

Shawl (Can be used defensively, I mean it would most likely be magical for that, plus you can use it shield an ally or as a flowing whip, or used to shoot magic out, I dunno whatever the user wants to do with it ^^)

Coiling Sword (You say that you think they can't base a champion on it.....why not? They totally could, I mean if it were a champion you could have the coiling sword sling at an enemy, or twirl around and do damage, or even strike it to the ground to have the tip end p somewhere and stab someone and snare their feet or something.)

Cestus (Why only an accessory? Come on open you mind and have more imagination!)

Pet or Familiar (I didn't mean to have as an ally with its own health and stuff, If you read other posts and my new update on my original then you will see that I included Willump, Beatrice and the Orb. And for those who don't know who those are they are Nunu's yeti, Swain'd bird and Orianna's....orb >_>)

TyroneChanSenpai

01-11-2012

we need a champ with a crowbar lol
like a guy that jailbreaked or something

CartoonCharles

01-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EncasedShadow View Post
I guess Cestus is sort of covered already and hard to really show at our viewing angle.
Cestus are basically metal boxing gloves, or weaponized gauntlets. Doesn't Shyvana essentially wield a pair of cestus? Even if they are heavily stylized.

Phrosn

01-11-2012

dueling cane