~ Should i get Leona?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Inkyjinx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascleph View Post
I used to play Leona, but it can be frustrating when your team is terrible, so now I'm saving her until I raise a bit more in elo where teams are supposed to be better (right..)
i'd say i have a 'bad team' in about 1 of every 5 Leona games.

one thing that is nice about her is that you can play her as a support tank - even if your team does nothing to help you, you can still do mad things - you just have to adapt and react quickly.

her W->E->Q will turn almost any 1v1 into a win for your team. find the fights that your teammates go to.

not like you'll kill steal.

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

I mean the type of bad teams where you initiate, manage to mark everyone with your pasive, manage to stun lock their most dangerous carry away from the fight.... then notice your entire team died anyways and your tanking was useless.

IMSOJUICY

01-06-2012

i think leona is way better top, especially for the first windmill fight. with her passive, it's really hard to NOT win that first fight.

Basoosh

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larkhill View Post
u'd be surprised at how well her W will clear a wave when built for it. a lichbane build might actually work
To clear waves with W, you have to stand in the middle of them, taking abuse from the enemy laner.

Quote:
u can play her in different ways. her poke is actually quite scary if u have a good top that ganks often. she has 3 stuns. any gank will almost certainly lead to a kill if u hand ur spells.
Poke means harassing your enemy from range, with little or no fear of retalation. Leona does not have this.

Quote:
low mobility? she can poke through minions and hit the enemy. hell, she can ult from a mile away and guarantee your E hits.
It's an all-in move, though, because she doesn't have any way to get out. If you use E to get in, you better win. It's fairly similar to Amumu.

Quote:
now dont get me wrong, there are plenty of better champs out there, but if u get a good duo queue partner to gank often and a team that can handle a 3v4 situation and defend top long enough to support a bot gank, it just might work...
Or just play someone that can handle themselves. Leona's skill loadout just does not work for bot - she's designed to mesh well with allies. And she's marvelous top - use her there. But, don't send her to a 1v1 situation. It's like sending Leona top on SR.

Inkyjinx

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basoosh View Post
Leona's skill loadout just does not work for bot - she's designed to mesh well with allies. And she's marvelous top - use her there.
^this.

but everything else he said was true too. i've had teams demand (and threaten to report) if i didn't go bot w/Leona. it's dumb.

don't go bot w/Leona.

jars

01-06-2012

leona is queue dodge worthy. pick someone that actually does something, thanks.

Ascleph

01-06-2012

A leona is as good as her team, so if you dodge her that says more about you than the champion.

Inkyjinx

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
leona is queue dodge worthy. pick someone that actually does something, thanks.
lol

that's just FUNNY.

666shadow666

01-06-2012

i like to play her with my items doing the damage, sunfire, vail, thornmail are almost musts

Argodis

01-06-2012

Leona is very good but she is a tank with no damage so its a lot harder to carry with her than most champs.

People don't understand that Leona works best with allies. In Solo queue, people are going to force you to defend solo or expect you to mop up kills and rage at you when you fail to do so. It can get a bit frustrating.

I wouldn't recommend playing her unless you have at least one competent ally on your team that knows how Leona works.