Irelia Runes & Masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terreocti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

9/21/0 would offer more cooldown reduction, but I hear it's not that important on Irelia. Should I set up more cooldown reduction from these masteries and runes, too?

Ascleph

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-06-2012

With all this talk about AS I just gave on hit Irelia a try, I'm not quite sure what to think about it, but melting people with true dmg and procs was quite fun.

Terreocti

01-06-2012

Attack damage marks and quints? Or just Armor Penetration?

Terreocti

01-06-2012

Self bump.

Muggsly

01-06-2012

Arp Reds, Armor Yellows, MR blues, Move speed quints or a mix or arp and movespeed for quints. Having more ARP is never an issue since only part of your dmg is true damage and what I find is mostly bruisers in dominion so it helps to counter their armor.

Build boots and prospectors to start then trinity after trinity I usually build a kindlegem for the health and 10% CDR and mercs then Ionic spear or wit's end depending what I am facing but ionic woks much better imo. I run 9/21/0 masteries but sometimes I run 0/21/9 for the extra movement speed with 9 in utility and movespeed quints I can't be caught and I hardly ever get kited out of Q range.

jars

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vastatio Tactics View Post
Rhetorical question: If she doesn't do that much physical damage then what are sheen procs?
sheen goes by base AD. it doesn't matter how much you build it always does about 150 damage at level 18. sheen first is pretty overrated. +60 damage for the activate, or a brutalizer which is +25 damage on every attack, armor pen, and cdr.

ProSauce VT

01-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by jars View Post
sheen goes by base AD. it doesn't matter how much you build it always does about 150 damage at level 18. sheen first is pretty overrated. +60 damage for the activate, or a brutalizer which is +25 damage on every attack, armor pen, and cdr.
While I agree a brualizer could deliver more on the first fight; where do you go from there? A ghost blade is decent especially with the active, but sheen leads to trinity which arguably is the best item for her.

Also assuming you proc sheen every 2 seconds, in a 4 second fight with your AS being .8 that would be a essentially 120 extra damage as compared to 75 extra damage ( this is excluding the bonus ArP or opponents AR/DR for simplification.) Also with 25 ArP and the 10% from mastery and the dom buff some of that extra 15 ArP may be wasted as you cant lower someone below 0. Finally if the teams are evenly matched you may end up skirmishing with bladesurge and never auto-attacking making sheen a stronger first pick.

On a different note: CDR on Irelia is vastly underestimated since your equilibrium strike is such a powerful CC when used well and has a short base cd already.

jars

01-07-2012

all of her cds early on are very long, you can't activate it every 2 seconds. rushing triforce/sheen has decreased in popularity because it's most effective after you gain some levels and lower her cds a bit. starting out with a prospectors, brut, or phage is going to get you more early on.

Muggsly

01-07-2012

The beauty of Tri Force is you don't have to build it in order. I find myself going zeal 1st for the extra move speed at attack speed which early on helps with your true dmg and natural sustain. I then build phage unless doing really well then sheen/phage. I might try putting a brutalizer in there but my other item is usually kindlegem since it has HP and 10% CD and is only 850gold vs the 1300ish of the brutalizer.

Terreocti

01-07-2012

Does Irelia need the Executioner mastery? I'm leaning towards 9/21/0 masteries now, but I've had 21/9/0 for a while ago.