Irelia Runes & Masteries?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Terreocti

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

Chiefly the Offensive or Defensive masteries? I tend to run 21/9/0. But is 9/21/0 better? I'm not too bent on getting Juggernaut because cc reduction is already adequate, in my opinion.
I do wonder, though, if Irelia benefits more from cooldown reduction than an increased damage output (i.e. Armor penetration). Finally, I have 31 ArPen and per level Armor and MR.

What do you guys use? Should I use Health regen per level Seals instead of Armor? How about Damage per level Marks? What about cooldown reduction Glyphs? Normally, I will stick to Mercury's Treads and/or Ninja Tabi, never considering Ionian Boots.

Forestgreen02

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2012

She benefits from atk speed mostly due to her true damage. 75 true damage per hit is nothing to scoff at. Also having more CC reduction is always a plus since you will get slowed by a lot of champ, nothing better then to be able to completely shrug them off. I would get atk speed reds, flat armor yellow, and MR/lvl blues, with anything quints, MS might be worthwhile for the odd times you got alot of kiters.

Ascleph

01-05-2012

armpen reds, flat armor yellows, mr/lvl blues or a mix with cdr and armpen quints.
I recently switched to 9/21/0 and I'm liking it, that + mercs + her pasive = what CC?

jars

01-05-2012

I use attack speed with a cdr based build to maximize W damage. I think I end up building all of her recommended items, plus starks(triforce last)

Terreocti

01-05-2012

Self bump.

Terreocti

01-05-2012

Does Irelia really benefit more from increased Armor Penetration? Or focus more on AS?

RealWolf M

01-05-2012

I'd say AS, because she doesn't do that much physical unless you build her AD

ProSauce VT

01-06-2012

Rhetorical question: If she doesn't do that much physical damage then what are sheen procs?

lbgsloan

01-06-2012

I just use a standard tanky DPS Dominion set up, apen/armour/scaling mres/apen. Irelia to me is tank first and damage dealer second. I get a ghostblade and wit's end for AS, which is generally enough. All her Q and R damage is physical, so there is a point to armour pen.

Terreocti

01-06-2012

Considering the AS gained from Trinity Force, Wit's End, and even Stark's, is 15% more AS any good compared to Armor Penetration? I mean, if you start out with the 15% AS from marks. I'm currently leaning towards ArPen marks.

Also, do I need 31 ArPen resulting from 21/9/0 masteries or should I use 9/21/0?